Toronto-Ottawa route

Thread: Toronto-Ottawa route

Toronto-Ottawa route

I know the Hwy 7 Route and 401-416 route very well. Can anyone recommend a route that would take me further north on nicer riding road, although may take longer? The more detail the better. Planning to do this end of June
    You can't fix stupid

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Toronto-Ottawa route

I've been told that any highway beginning with a 5 is good near Ottawa.

You might want to check here to see if there is more insight around that area: http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/

I just went there 2 weeks ago and I took the longer route I took 401 from Toronto, exit at 115 towards peterborough, then North on 28 all the way to Bancroft, continued on 28 East towards 41/132 then Trans-canada HWY 417 to Ottawa.

HWY 28 its great scenery I took me longer but what a ride!!!!
    good luck!!
    VTX 1800R

I'm going from the Ottawa east end across to Quebec on the ferry at Cumberland then Buckingham to Wakefield, back down the Gatineau parkway through Ottawa City centre back to the east end today. Will take the camera....I just need to get my *** in gear and go. Should be nice, lots of lakes etc in Gatineau park.

Quote Originally Posted by TIBURON View Post
    then North on 28 all the way to Bancroft, continued on 28 East towards 41/132 then Trans-canada HWY 417 to Ottawa.
    We did the opposite in the car a few years ago, when we needed to get from Ottawa to Penetanguishene. We continued west from Bancroft on the various county roads to Orillia, then up and over.

The best part of the drive, IMO, was the part between Ottawa and about Hwy 35 - west of that there was more traffic and less scenery, so you wouldn't miss much heading north from Peterborough. If you head north out of Toronto, through Sutton, then east to Bancroft, Google Maps estimates a 7h45m drive, perhaps too long?

Thinking the opposite way... how scenic is #2 from Clarington to Kingston?

I drove it from Coborg to Brighton and I thought it was a very nice drive.

But yes, I do want to try some rides around Peterborough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    I've been told that any highway beginning with a 5 is good near Ottawa.

You might want to check here to see if there is more insight around that area: http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/

+1

Get north to Bobcaygeon, then look for some roads starting "5". Make your way north east. You'll eventually get to Ottawa. lol. And pretty happy about it too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw_1979 View Post
    I know the Hwy 7 Route and 401-416 route very well. Can anyone recommend a route that would take me further north on nicer riding road, although may take longer? The more detail the better. Planning to do this end of June
    how far north do you want to go?