Can Sheridan m2 coarse be taken 2 times to renew m2 for 5 years ???

Thread: Can Sheridan m2 coarse be taken 2 times to renew m2 for 5 years ???

Can Sheridan m2 coarse be taken 2 times to renew m2 for 5 years ???

i have a friend who has had an m2 licence for almost 5 years and he just bought a bike a couple days ago. His licence will expire is july if he doesnt do his m2 exit to get his M. He says hes not able to book his M2 exit till after his licence expires. Now would he be able to go and redew the sheridan coarse to stay at a M2 level for another 5 years?

I think i might of heard some people do renew their m2 instead of moving to an M but i just want to be sure so i dont end up costing my buddy almost 500 because of giving him wrong info.

If someone can 100% confirm this can be done please let me know !! thanks !

Re: Can Sheridan m2 coarse be taken 2 times to renew m2 for 5 years ???

Book an M2exit test as soon as possible and have him go to the MTO and ask for an extension.
    If he fails the M2exit, he's out of luck and will have to start over from M1 (60 days) because his license will have expired.
    If he passes, he has an M and he's done.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

ya he tried doing that but he cant get in until late summer some time and they wont extend his licence that long they were only willing to do it a couple days. The coarses that offer m2 exit are also booked up. Thats why i suggested maybe doing the m1 exit over again to stay at the m2 level that way it buys him time to get the M instead of starting over.

I just need to know for sure if this is possible to do because he has to be booking it asap or hes out of luck.

If his M2 expires he has to start over and no he can't just take a college course again before his M2 expires to buy him another 5 years. After his 5 years is up he has to write the test for M1 and then redo his test for M2. If I remember correctly he does not have to wait 60 days to upgrade to M2 since he had an M2 but I would verify that. Why pay for the course again just do the M1 exit at the ministry with his own bike to go back to M2.
    Last edited by taximan62; 05-28-2011 at 09:34 PM.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

have you tried booking outside of the city for the test, might mean a bit of travel time, but most places outside of the city can do the test within a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    If he fails the M2exit, he's out of luck and will have to start over from M1 (60 days) because his license will have expired.
    That information is incorrect. You have 6 months AFTER your M2 expires to write your M1 test and DO YOUR M2 TEST (on the same day as you write your M1 test or any time up to 90 days after) and then you'll have your M2 for another 5 years.

Let it expire, write your M1 and do the M2 test at the ministry right after. Good for another 5 years. There is no 60 day waiting period.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...