StoneyCreek (Mud&20 to Niagara Falls Loop) - May 28/2011 - 8:30am meet

Thread: StoneyCreek (Mud&20 to Niagara Falls Loop) - May 28/2011 - 8:30am meet

StoneyCreek (Mud&20 to Niagara Falls Loop) - May 28/2011 - 8:30am meet

***** WEATHER UPDATE *****

The start time has been pushed back till 10-11am. We are waiting for the fog/rain to lift which both weather network shows will be by around 10am. Please keep an eye on this post, if the weather breaks sooner I will update the post with the new time. We want to get out as early as possible. The weather looks GREAT the remainder of the day!!

Look forward to seeing those interested in coming out.

Guys, I am organizing a ride from Stoney Creek Mud Street & Hwy20 (Centennial Parkway), starting from the Tim Hortons at 8:30am Saturday May 28/2011. Its approximately a 4hr ride. We will meet there at 8:30am to get everyone ready leaving Tim Hortons at 9am sharp.

The route does not take us down the QEW but a more scenic route heading down to Niagara On The Lake, down and across the Niagara Parkway and around to Crystal Beach and back towards Stoney Creek. I have planned a few stops along the way including gas, Tims/food, I believe the ride will take approx. 6hrs depending on stop times at Niagara-On-The-Lake and Crystal Beach (lunch). I am running a GPS for those that can't get 2hrs out of a tank of gas.

I already have a couple friends coming along, if anyone is interested drop me a line here. I would plan on being back at the Tims by around 3pm.

Hope to see a few more of you come out. I had a chance to ride last year with a few of the folks hanging out in the Hamilton area. I have the route I can share to those with no GPS, you can load it in to Google Earth and check it out for yourselves (latest version required).

Ted
    2003 GSXR600
    Last edited by DucTed; 05-28-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Re: StoneyCreek (Mud&20 to Niagara Falls Loop) - May 28/2011 - 8:30am meet

sounds like a great ride ill try to be there

Hey Ted, sounds like a good ride, so count me in, i would like to check out the route tho, could you please pm me it.

cheers.
    I don't always Drink Beer... But when I do, I prefer to Drink a lot of it!
    Stay Drunk my Friends..

4 confirmed riders so far, will have some 2ups. This won't be a crazy ride, gonna be a little of everything. I understand the Niagara Parkway is a blast of a route along the waters edge. Those of you that want to hit the twisties hard is cool, we will make sure we keep together. Weather is looking like its going to hold at this point. Polish them bikes up! I just gotta a new lid today and another G4, looking forward to trying them out.
    Last edited by DucTed; 05-27-2011 at 07:32 AM.

looks like i will be able to make it sounds like its gonna be a good ride not to familiar with the area just moved here recently

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerTed View Post
    Guys, I am organizing a ride from Stoney Creek Mud Street & Hwy20 (Centennial Parkway), starting from the Tim Hortons at 8:30am Saturday May 28/2011. Its approximately a 4hr ride. We will meet there at 8:30am to get everyone ready leaving Tim Hortons at 9am sharp.

The route does not take us down the QEW but a more scenic route heading down to Niagara On The Lake, down and across the Niagara Parkway and around to Crystal Beach and back towards Stoney Creek. I have planned a few stops along the way including gas, Tims/food, I believe the ride will take approx. 6hrs depending on stop times at Niagara-On-The-Lake and Crystal Beach (lunch). I am running a GPS for those that can't get 2hrs out of a tank of gas.

I already have a couple friends coming along, if anyone is interested drop me a line here. I would plan on being back at the Tims by around 3pm.

Hope to see a few more of you come out. I had a chance to ride last year with a few of the folks hanging out in the Hamilton area. I have the route I can share to those with no GPS, you can load it in to Google Earth and check it out for yourselves (latest version required).

Ted
    2003 GSXR600

what time you thinking to be in the st. catarines area...you guys planning a stop .....st. catharines/niagara or whatever....if you have a spot in mind...let me know....be cool to ride!

Moe

2009 ninja zx6r

Hey Moe, first planned stop was in Niagara-On-The-Lake on the main drag (Picton St) I believe. Its only about an hour from Mud&20. I will send you an email with my cell phone #. You can call me I have bluetooth and can chat on the bike and let you know where we are at any minute to meet. I think a stop on Niagara on the Lake is definite possibility though.

Ted

I'm at tims right now the fog is starting to thin out

BigD, waiting for the roads to dry up. Look like around 11am we will be there at this point. The sun is expected to poke out around 10am, one of the guys is coming from Calendonia area. I posted something early on the forum, didn't want anyone rolling there until we were set to go. I will post one more message before we head over.

I came in from smithville but I'm still here weather is nice at tims now getting kinda bored lol

BigD, we can swing by you in Smithville and get you on our way out if you like. My bro is not going to leave for another 30mins approx, the earliest we can be at Tims looks like 11am. If you PM your cell I can text you when were close to your area. Pick a location that works for you in Smithville.

It's ok I'll just stick around

great ride today guys nice to meet you all have to do more riding soon

good times! likewise....nice route!

Was a blast guys, nice meeting ya Moe and BigD! Look forward to some more good times. Here is a few photos.

Last edited by DucTed; 05-28-2011 at 11:09 PM.