Pickup Driver Almost Kills Motorcyclist - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickup Driver Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Re: Pickup Driver Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Attempted murder > speeding

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Fast or slow-motion does not change the lean angles on the bike.
    You see the lead rider until 2.00 mins of the video, up until that point a full loaded pick up truck with an ATV strapped in the back almost manages to keep up with him.

*Not excessive lean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueC1r8W1s

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Attempted murder > speeding
    Not if it's a motorcycle speeding and if you ask some members of our community.. Members I won't mention as they like to report posts... But you all know who I'm talking about
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    I think what he was getting at is that nowhere in the video did we see any speed readings.
    A video can eaasily be altered to run in fast-forward or slow-motion to create the illusion of faster speeds.
    Hollywood does it all the time.

I agree that the speeding was quite obvious as long as the video is in a unedited form, but there is no proof.
    Fast or slow-motion does not change the lean angles on the bike.
    The lean on a motorcycle can be exaggerated though, through improper leaning of course.
    As I said, I don't disagree that they were well above the speed limit and driving in a reckless fashion, but nothing in the video can be used as proof for charges against anyone.
    Even the driver of the truck coming out with a crowbar cannot be charged with using a weapon because he never swung it at anyone.
    Who's to say it didn't fall out of the truck when he opened the door and all he was doing is picking it up? Afterall, he did put it back in the truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exaggerated lean.JPG  
    Last edited by jeero; 05-25-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    You see the lead rider until 2.00 mins of the video, up until that point a full loaded pick up truck with an ATV strapped in the back almost manages to keep up with him.
    Sure, by having to use both lanes on even the mild bends.

In any case, video starts here. http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...12,130.32,,0,0

Banned

The lean on a motorcycle can be exaggerated though, through improper leaning of course.
    Was improper leaning that evident in the video?

As I said, I don't disagree that they were well above the speed limit and driving in a reckless fashion, but nothing in the video can be used as proof for charges against anyone.
    That is the point that was being made, using a particular road as if it was a test track, and a local reacting angrily to it. Being able to use the video of said test track session to convict or not isn't really the issue. The issue is hooligan riders crapping in the front yards of others to the point where a local finally gets fed up with it.
    Last edited by turbodish; 05-25-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Sure, by having to use both lanes on even the mild bends.
    You're talking about the pickup also?

Oh no.. The murdercycle-riders are the enemy and they should be squished by pickup trucks at all times.. Haven't you learned anything on this forum? Jeeeez
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

That is the point that was being made, using a particular road as if it was a test track, and a local reacting angrily to it. Being able to use the video of said test track session to convict or not isn't really the issue. The issue is hooligan riders crapping in the front yards of others to the point where a local finally gets fed up with it.
    To get fed up with such actions is definitely understandable, but I highly disagree with the way the man in the pickup decided to act upon it.
    What he did has to have some sort of criminal intent, I'm sure.

If he were on his own land and some dirtbikers were messing up his crops and he decided to take out the shotgun, I'd say go for it (as long as his state allows it). He's defending his own property.
    Although this road is local to where he lives, it's technically not in his hands to take care of hooligans who are breaking the law on public roads.

This is a video that definitely calls for "two wrongs don't make a right" and technically both driver of the pickup and riders of the bikes are to blame for the outcome of this video. I'm sure things like this happen every single day, all over the world.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

Banned

That's what I was referring to.

Does anyone know how this would actually play out in Kentucky? If you look at the driving of the truck and the bike separately, they are likely both speeding, they definitely both cross the double yellow, and then some really serious charge for the driver of the truck (assault with a deadly weapon?) and possibly another one for walking out with a crowbar in hand. Is it likely that both parties would be charged?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Is it likely that both parties would be charged?
    In my opinion, yes they should all be charged.
    The bikes are well over the limit and the bike up front did an illegal pass. (if the pickup was doing the speed limit, there was no reason to cross the double lines to overtake him).

In my opinion, yes they should all be charged.
    The bikes are well over the limit and the bike up front did an illegal pass. (if the pickup was doing the speed limit, there was no reason to cross the double lines to overtake him).
    Is it illegal to cross double yellow in Kentucky? It sure as hell isn't here.

I'm sure they both would be charged although speed would be hard to prove in court where the attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon is pretty cut and dry. Not to mention the truck would also get a speeding ticket.

That's what I was referring to.
    sorry my bad I misread the response.

IMHO all parties are idiots just one party tried to commit assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.

Banned

This is from another forum. While it doesn't justify the truck's driving, if true it does shed a bit of light on what led to his becoming "fed up".
    This guy was going to attempt something if we passed or not. He made a comment that we(sportbikes)had run his mother in a ditch. I told him that doesn't give him any right to attempt to kill someone just because they ride a sportbike.
    Last edited by turbodish; 05-25-2011 at 02:17 PM.

This is from another forum. While it doesn't justify the truck's driving, it does shed a bit of light on what led to his becoming "fed up".
    This guy was going to attempt something if we passed or not. He made a comment that we(sportbikes)had run his mother in a ditch. I told him that doesn't give him any right to attempt to kill someone just because they ride a sportbike.
    That definitely sheds the light on a whole new angle. This goes to show that on most videos posted online, there's a story that leads to certain actions whether they are based on proper judgement or not.

Is it illegal to cross double yellow in Kentucky? It sure as hell isn't here.

I'm sure they both would be charged although speed would be hard to prove in court where the attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon is pretty cut and dry. Not to mention the truck would also get a speeding ticket.
    It's illegal in most of the US. Vermont and Pennsylvania are two states that may allow it, but I can't find anything that says Kentucky does, so I presume it's illegal there as well. However I'm sure that there are situations where it is applied at the discretion of the officer or judge, much like speeding - get stuck behind an RV trundling along at 30mph and most people will pass it anyway.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    It's illegal in most of the US. Vermont and Pennsylvania are two states that may allow it, but I can't find anything that says Kentucky does, so I presume it's illegal there as well. However I'm sure that there are situations where it is applied at the discretion of the officer or judge, much like speeding - get stuck behind an RV trundling along at 30mph and most people will pass it anyway.
    And also from that forum. Recall that this happened in Bracken County, Kentucky.
    lol the bracken county sheriff literally told us he would personally run us into a ditch himself if we tried to pass him over the double yellow. then the sheriff proceeded in writing a bunch of tickets.

it is wildly and comically absurd to call them, you are the outsider and antagonist here. they will side with that guy in a heartbeat....

welcome to redneck country...truck driver feels that it is safer to try and ram a motorbike off the road, but if that fails, try and pursue him in a loaded down truck while travelling way above the speed limit, swerving violently in and out of his lane, breaking contact with the ground sliding out the rear end to try and catch up to the rider that passed hiim, cuz that's a whole bunch safer...lol...fun video though...

and i would like to see the footage of the rider before the truck incident, but somehow they decided to not post that, lol...

And also from that forum. Recall that this happened in Bracken County, Kentucky.
    It appears law enforcement in Bracken county are a bunch of backwoods hicks that have no business enforcing the law and is hardly more honourable than the crooks they catch. I bet they also light crosses on fire and lynch people of colour all in a days work.

Exactly why I have little desire to travel through much of the states.