Unreasonable Smoke - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Unreasonable Smoke

Re: Unreasonable Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    A court is a legitimate forum for me or anyone else to air their legitmate greivances against the police, thats why you hear charter applications at the same time.
    Actually, grievances aren't to be heard in court and some JP's will get angry if someone tries to use their court room as a forum, go file a complaint for that. Court is to argue the actual charge laid and the manner in which it was laid, if it may breach a Charter right.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I didn't clog up the court, they did by giving handing out a stupid ticket. The fact that you turn it around and say the person who got the stupid ticket and is now insisting on every procedural right to be the bad guy is ridiculous.
    Based on the your account of the event, I'd have to agree; either these "experienced" officers laid the charge and threatened the illegitimate action just to put it to you, or because neither knew better. Either way, it was ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    No show, no pay, and a rather embarrassing question as to why he wasn't there.
    And a no show, depending on the service, could COST the officer some hours / cash.

Quote Originally Posted by coyo View Post
    And a no show, depending on the service, could COST the officer some hours / cash.
    At the very least, he wouldn't exactly be on the top of the list for 'paid duty.'
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Whoa.... Lots of replies.

You can't fight "the man", or "woman" in this case. I came prepared at my own expense and I believe it would have been thrown out even if the Judge had known nothing about bikes, although I'm glad to see there is at least one more Anorak left in Toronto.

I think the real issues for me are clearly lack of training on her part and the fact that that she didn't have the discretion or the smarts necessary to make the correct decision. Such a waste of taxpayers (i.e. Mine and Yours) money all round.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Whoa.... Lots of replies.

You can't fight "the man", or "woman" in this case. I came prepared at my own expense and I believe it would have been thrown out even if the Judge had known nothing about bikes, although I'm glad to see there is at least one more Anorak left in Toronto.

I think the real issues for me are clearly lack of training on her part and the fact that that she didn't have the discretion or the smarts necessary to make the correct decision. Such a waste of taxpayers (i.e. Mine and Yours) money all round.
    Toronto as a whole (services) is a waste of time and money...

It bothers me to see charges like this, especially if it's a case like the OP indicated.

I suppose the police have solved all the other crimes in the area and are now moving on to smoking motorcycles.

I'll be sure to shut my lawnmower off if officer Bob drives by, my lawnmower smokes a little.

Why don't they go ticket diesel locomotives and tractor trailers? I'm waiting to run into this with a cop. My 2 street bikes are 2 strokes. Stay tuned.

Cliff notes? Has the OP had his court date yet? So he was given a non-criminal HTA ticket in the parking lot of a Timmies?

OP, if you're planning on bringing an "expert" on 2 stroke engines with you, make sure they are an "expert" (degree in something). If they just own a shop or whatever that usually won't fly.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by 2stroker View Post
    Why don't they go ticket diesel locomotives and tractor trailers? I'm waiting to run into this with a cop. My 2 street bikes are 2 strokes. Stay tuned.
    When was the last time you saw a train parked at a Tim Hortons?
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Question Re: Unreasonable Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    When was the last time you saw a train parked at a Tim Hortons?
    So the smoke emitted by a train is contained over the RR tracks?

Only in Ontario The same goes for the rusty dump truck you can barely see ahead of you through the black cloud too.

Trains aren't governed by the HTA.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Trains aren't governed by the HTA.

That was my point exactly.
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Only in Ontario The same goes for the rusty dump truck you can barely see ahead of you through the black cloud too.
    Yea that would be a ticket and it is enforced .. not trains tho
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

Guess I'll weigh in here for just a sec, Canadian railroads are taking voluntary steps towards greatly reducing their carbon footprint. Federal mandate is for Tier 2 but most locomotives in Canada are now Tier 3 and there's even some Tier 4 being rolled out already or in the process of being manufactured for future use. The Tier 4 locomotives emit none of the visible fumes that used to be associated with older locomotives...that's not to say they don't pollute of course they do everything that runs on fossil fuels unfortunately does but once you break it down to how much a locomotive emits versus how many ppl it transports it becomes obvious its a much lower polluter per capita basis than a car and efforts continue to further reduce their emissions as well as other steps such as crew changing the way they operate (similar to changing your driving habits) amongst other initiatives.

Just some food for thought regarding your misdirected anger.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD