I've got a bit of a fetish for old Yamaha RD's and RZ's and actually bought my first RD400 back in 1979.

So I nipped down to Timmies tonight with a few friends and was riding an old RD350LC.

There was a bunch of cops there when I came out, so I started up the bike on the choke as it had been sitting for about 40 mins and immediately got slapped with a ticket for Unreasonable Smoke - Hello, its a ****ing 2 Stroke. I'm also running it ~40:1 on premix so the amount of smoke is really minimal

Anyway, this woman looked about 19 and I tried to explain to her that it was a 2 stroke and how 2 strokes work.

However she went on to explain that she was an experienced traffic officer and that in her expert opinion the bike was defective and contravened HTA Section, Blah, Blah, Blah.........

A male cop came over and advised me to take the ticket and I could be in real serious trouble for arguing with a police officer, up to and including having by license suspended for 7 days and Bike towed. He was very threatening, clearly trying to impress her.

WTF. It felt like a shakedown by LE in some third world country.

I think it will be pretty easy to fight but I now have to spend my time and money going to court. This is crazy

Clearly this woman is utterly incompetent. Is there anyway to file a complaint against her? I did call the local station and spoke to a Sargent but she said ultimately it was the officers call and she trusts her judgement. It just pisses me off that I have been riding these things for over 30 years and this is the first time I've had to deal with an incompetent clown like this.