Unreasonable Smoke

Thread: Unreasonable Smoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unreasonable Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    To sue the police one has to prove malace, criminal intent or other major no-no. They are allowed all the oopsies they want.
    I am aware of what suing the police and/or crown entails.... from experiences. Civil is not criminal. "Beyond reasonable doubt" doesn't matter in civil. Sitting in front of a jury of citizens who are becoming less and less supportive of the police and their antics these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    I am aware of what suing the police and/or crown entails.... from experiences. Civil is not criminal. "Beyond reasonable doubt" doesn't matter in civil. Sitting in front of a jury of citizens who are becoming less and less supportive of the police and their antics these days.....
    I personally know a cop who had a crash with his cruiser while on duty. He was being charged at the demand of the other driver and it was a toss up whether the charge was careless or dangerous. If it was dangerous, a criminal charge, apparently the police could not pay the legal fees. It eventually went his way and justly so, knowing the circumstances of that incident.

If a cop lies about a fact, to me it is fraud and he should be criminally charged to face the music on his own dime. Being dumb isn't a crime so they are freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    I personally know a cop who had a crash with his cruiser while on duty. He was being charged at the demand of the other driver and it was a toss up whether the charge was careless or dangerous. If it was dangerous, a criminal charge, apparently the police could not pay the legal fees. It eventually went his way and justly so, knowing the circumstances of that incident.

If a cop lies about a fact, to me it is fraud and he should be criminally charged to face the music on his own dime. Being dumb isn't a crime so they are freebies.
    Again.... criminal and civil.

The cop you personally know must have screwed up somehow to bring on any charges what so ever. Not to mention that I am pretty sure that you "knowing the circumstances" means that you heard one side of the story. What the Op desribed has nothing to do with being dumb or ignorant. Please note that I am not saying he should fight the excessive smoke ticket and then sue if he wins.... I was commenting on the threat of mis-using the H.172 law to intimidate the OP.
    A cop's word matters.... Having words/comment such as "This court will not accept any evidence giving by this particuar officer as they have proven themselves to be a liar on multiple occasions throughout this ordeal" during a trial.... can be very damaging to their career. That particular officer was no longer a cop shortly after... as a result of the outcome(s) of that case.