Hotbodies for 06/07 GSX-R 600 question

Thread: Hotbodies for 06/07 GSX-R 600 question

Hotbodies for 06/07 GSX-R 600 question

I'm looking for a second set of fairings for my track bike. I see Hotbodies come up for sale fairly often. When I look at Hobodies' site, it says that their race glass won't fit with the stock header/catalytic.

I looked at my header and the exhaust is not the lowest part on the bike. The oil drain is. So I'm wondering if it's the header that's the problem, the cat or both? Can anyone enlighten me?

I still have the stock header but I have a Hindle slip-on in place of the cat.

I emailed Hotbodies but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Re: Hotbodies for 06/07 GSX-R 600 question

Can't u cut the body if its in the way?
    Resident Loudmouth

You may want to solicit opinions of Hotbodies bodywork from other people who have used it, before you buy any. Just sayin' ...

There are plenty of other sources of bodywork for that bike, including some local.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    You may want to solicit opinions of Hotbodies bodywork from other people who have used it, before you buy any. Just sayin' ...
    That's what I'm looking for. I just want to know what part of the fairing doesn't fit with the stock setup. Then I can decide whether it's something I can work around or not.

It's probably at the back where the pipe curves out of the CAT. When I bought my track bike (07 gsxr 600) it had bodywork and it's cut there which makes the belly pan useless really, I will need to remove the cat and weld in a piece of straight pipe and rebuild the fiberglass to make it hold liquid like it should

It might not be an interference issue as much as it is a "heat from catalytic converter may cause bodywork fire" issue