Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Quote Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
    ........ My rides are not populated with alot of ICON vest clad riders in T-shirts and shorts if you know what I mean, this is a quick backroads pace, not a bar-hopping "downtown poser pace" where "keeping up" only really means staying upright.
    No icon gear [check]
    no shorts [check]
    no intentions of bar hopping [check]
    don't have a parole officer [oh wait, u didnt ask]

Dude, just ignore these ppl, everyone has their own ride. This is your thread, just carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by db ninja View Post
    i ride a R1 and would not go on this ride because...
    i only have 4yrs under my belt
    and i do not consider myself fast
    and i do not want to feel pressured to push my self past my comfort and my ability

and i have no hurt feelings.... hope everyone has a safe weekend
    I agree, everybody has their own ride. I won't want to go to someone's ride/thread and complain how slow the ride was. Why the ride is only a few hours, etc. For me a good ride entails a whole day. This is the ride I am looking for. I don't see how some ppl can feel like if they were attacked just because his ride has a certain criteria.
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtin View Post
    well what do you mean by "high speed"?? at what speed are you planning to ride? you can't do more than 20 kilometers over the speed limit anyways.. unless you are planning to get a tricket... .. or even on the highway you're gonna do max 120.. like i said i hit 170 on my 250 so what's the issue? lol and by the way i'm not offended.. it's just that i think what you should have written is you are looking for more experienced riders... cause some people on a 250 can be quicker than some on their supersports it's all experience Even a CBR 125 can hit 120 no problem.. BUT i don't think it's safe on the highway... you need at least about 30-50 kilometers to play with (over the limit) if needed so anyways let's not get too technical lol ... cheers guys!
    I really hadn't planned on this turning into some kind of debate on the capabilities of newbie bikes with likey newbie riders on them. Your estimation of what speeds rides go along at are fine for you, but really, the speeds you mentioned put me to sleep. Feel free to flame me for doing all kinds of illegal stuff like speeding etc, it's your perogative I guess........but I wouldn't show up on a 250 Ninja expecting to keep up. That's all I'm saying.

How much do you wanna bet that there might be someone out there who bought a Ninja 250 for his first time, after having so much fun with it, then decided to keep it for 3 years before upgrading, and still would be able to keep up with you guys JUST FINE with that Ninja 250 !!! ???

Not that any of us would be interested in riding with a group that is not 250 friendly... Just saying

have a wonderful long weekend!
    How much do I want to bet?! You serious???? I'd bet everything I have! Wanna go for a ride??? hahaha!!!!!

I am a licensed motorcycle technician and ex roadracer who lived in Niagara for 20 years who knows these roads like my own face. I ride a 2007 GSXR 1000 that comes out of 1st gear at 100mph, not 100 km/h, 100 mph. I regularly go into wheelies at over 200 km/h for distances of kilometers! This does not make me better than anyone and it's not what I am endorsing here at all. Gawd knows that I only do this sort of thing on a race track.....having won the Wheelie contest at Cayuga at the GTA motorcycles Motorcycle Mayhem weekend in the process. I am not looking to upset anyone or insult anyone, but seriously, you need to reconsider what you'd be trying to "keep up" with. Personally, I've never seen a 250 Ninja with a rocket engine strapped to it. Don't get upset, just take a hint.

We should be at the Burlington Tims at Walkers line and mainway at 10:30am or so.
    I don't want to be "non politically correct" and say that my rides are fast, speeding or break laws because that would probably not go well with most. I don't have anything against 250 Ninjas or other small bikes but the pace on my rides mostly exceeds the ability of anything slower than an SV650 or so, and that's if the rider is "spirited" (read between the lines). I am really not into waiting up. I will say it again: "this ride is not for Newbs or small bikes" nor 2 up riders. I cover quite a bit of ground in a fairly short time - you do the math. I've lead many rides and everyone is pretty happy with the quicker pace and usually short stops, someone usually rides "sweep" at the back to keep an eye out for "yard sales". I very much prefer days where there is no drama and everyone can be at work on Monday morning.

We usually pull into Niagara Falls at about 1-2pm. The QEW is only 10 or 15 minutes away from any given point until we get to the Falls. Once in the Falls, we can all see who wants to continue out towards the shoreline of Lake Erie and who wants to bail.
    If you think that you need to flame me, read the above statement again.

oh..........and yes, we will be going through the Thorold tunnel.

I'm out. See whomever tomorrow morning. Maybe even a group of 250 Ninja riders with protest signs at KC or something!............atleast they won't be able to keep up to us to protest us in Burlington too!! hahahahaha!
    Take care!
    til tomorrow.............

How much do I want to bet?! You serious???? I'd bet everything I have! Wanna go for a ride??? hahaha!!!!!

I am a licensed motorcycle technician and ex roadracer who lived in Niagara for 20 years who knows these roads like my own face. I ride a 2007 GSXR 1000 that comes out of 1st gear at 100mph, not 100 km/h, 100 mph. I regularly go into wheelies at over 200 km/h for distances of kilometers! This does not make me better than anyone and it's not what I am endorsing here at all. Gawd knows that I only do this sort of thing on a race track.....having won the Wheelie contest at Cayuga at the GTA motorcycles Motorcycle Mayhem weekend in the process. I am not looking to upset anyone or insult anyone, but seriously, you need to reconsider what you'd be trying to "keep up" with. Personally, I've never seen a 250 Ninja with a rocket engine strapped to it. Don't get upset, just take a hint.
    LOLz, this is entertaining.

Alot of these guys don't even know or ever seen a highly skilled rider. A few guys ride for a few years and think they are skilled, until they've ridden with people who have been riding for 20yrs. I used to feel the same way, lol.
    Resident Loudmouth

I'm going to join, meet you at Tim horton

In.
    Amen! Hallelujah! Peanut Butter!
    Current Ride - 89 Katana 600

I cannot believe how sensitive some people are!!!

if you drive a 125 or a 250 thats great... its all about biking.
    but every once in a while there may be a group of gals or guys that want to go for a spirited ride, and not have to wait for slower bikes or riders.
    you might think you can. or can ride your 250 like Valintino, simple fact remains 170 is about all you can do. while any liter bike that is barely streching it's legs.

if there was not that big of a diffreance between a r1 or a ninja 250 there would not be a $7000-8000 differance in price.

so to everyone out there... dont be offended and have fun

i like too see a post like the op, because you know what the intentions are. then showing up blind and quarter way through the ride you are wondering where everyone is. lol

i ride a R1 and would not go on this ride because...
    i only have 4yrs under my belt
    and i do not consider myself fast
    and i do not want to feel pressured to push my self past my comfort and my ability

and i have no hurt feelings.... hope everyone has a safe weekend

ok now i'm sick and tired of repeating myself! READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOU WRITE! lol

come with your BIG BIKE, i'll come with a ninja 250, we'll go for a ride and see if i can catch up or not how is that? !!!!

"SPIRITED" are you serious? LOL..... i don't care if the world hates me and my bike, so it's not about being sensitive... i still ride and enjoy

OF CORUSE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN R1 AND A NINJA 250 thank you for reminding me! what we're talking about is something else here.. but whatever like i said i'm tired of explaining myself! lol
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    i take it that you did not participate in this ride.
    thats to bad you could of taught all these big bikes a lesson on how good you are.

im sure theassassin would of appreciated the lesson.... lol

great ride today ; I mean yesterday. great weather, no yard sales, no cops, and no 250 ninja's (nothing personal) what else could you ask for... Who was that maniac on the 1000 suzie, he should be in jail !!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thats to bad you could of taught all these big bikes a lesson on how good you are.

that's the best u can come up with? !!! i'm out! cheers
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if only you can improve on your grammar, maybe I would pay more attention to what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowpoke View Post
    great ride today ; I mean yesterday. great weather, no yard sales, no cops, and no 250 ninja's (nothing personal) what else could you ask for... Who was that maniac on the 1000 suzie, he should be in jail !!!!!!
    What maniac on a gixxer 1000 you takin about?? I wasn't on this ride but I know the Assassin and are you takin about him??

that's the best u can come up with? !!! i'm out! cheers
    Thought so

Quote Originally Posted by half-a-tiger View Post
    if only you can improve on your grammar, maybe I would pay more attention to what you say.
    sorry english is my third language

Thanks to those who lead and informed us of gravels, etc

cheers
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    No icon gear [check]
    Hey! What's wrong with Icon gear? I bet my helmet is just as fast as yours! :P

i thought there WAS only one maniac in Ont. with a 1000 suzie. that was a rhetorical question anyway