Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Saturday May 21st Niagara backroads. Twisty roads from Hamilton to Niagara Falls and maybe the Lake Erie shoreline. This ride is for Experienced riders, no Newbs or 250 Ninjas. I lived in Niagara for 20 years and I have a great circuit put together out there. I'll be at "Markham Station Restaurant" in the Plaza at Shepherd and Markham rds at 8:15am, they serve great breakfasts 24/7, show up if you want to have a bite or coffee and chat before we ride.
    We'll head over to the Tim Hortons for 9:30am at William Kitchen and Progress to meet for the ride itself (otherwise known as the Timmies behind Kennedy Commons Mall at Kennedy and 401). We'll leave at 9:45am and stop in Burlington at the Walkers line and Mainway Timmies for fuel and to meet other riders from that area who show up. The pace for this ride will be somewhat normal on the highway to "Highly spirited" in the backroads (not sure what that means, but it sounds good). Once in the Falls, we can see who wants to bail or continue on to Fort Erie, Port Colborne to Dunnville and back to Hamilton then Toronto. We'll be back in Toronto about 5 - 6 pm (or sooner if you have to bail, I can point you to the QEW at any time during the ride), I will not monitor this post past Friday at 5pm.

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Quote Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
    Saturday May 21st Niagara backroads. Twisty roads from Hamilton to Niagara Falls and maybe the Lake Erie shoreline. This ride is for Experienced riders, no Newbs or 250 Ninjas. I lived in Niagara for 20 years and I have a great circuit put together out there. I'll be at "Markham Station Restaurant" in the Plaza at Shepherd and Markham rds at 8:15am, they serve great breakfasts 24/7, show up if you want to have a bite or coffee and chat before we ride.
    We'll head over to the Tim Hortons for 9:30am at William Kitchen and Progress to meet for the ride itself (otherwise known as the Timmies behind Kennedy Commons Mall at Kennedy and 401). We'll leave at 9:45am and stop in Burlington at the Walkers line and Mainway Timmies for fuel and to meet other riders from that area who show up. The pace for this ride will be somewhat normal on the highway to "Highly spirited" in the backroads (not sure what that means, but it sounds good). Once in the Falls, we can see who wants to bail or continue on to Fort Erie, Port Colborne to Dunnville and back to Hamilton then Toronto. We'll be back in Toronto about 5 - 6 pm (or sooner if you have to bail, I can point you to the QEW at any time during the ride), I will not monitor this post past Friday at 5pm.
    If things go according to plan, I will see u there at KC.

I haven't explore the backroads much in Niagara. Hopefully we go thru Thorold tunnel. Love tunnels
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Any idea what time you'l be at the Hortons at Walkers and Mainway...I may be in

How much do you wanna bet that there might be someone out there who bought a Ninja 250 for his first time, after having so much fun with it, then decided to keep it for 3 years before upgrading, and still would be able to keep up with you guys JUST FINE with that Ninja 250 !!! ???

Not that any of us would be interested in riding with a group that is not 250 friendly... Just saying

have a wonderful long weekend!
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtin View Post
    How much do you wanna bet that there might be someone out there who bought a Ninja 250 for his first time, after having so much fun with it, then decided to keep it for 3 years before upgrading, and still would be able to keep up with you guys JUST FINE with that Ninja 250 !!! ???

Not that any of us would be interested in riding with a group that is not 250 friendly... Just saying

have a wonderful long weekend!
    Depends on how u define "skilled". Some ppl have ridden bikes for more than 20+ years. In my humble experience 3yrs don't even consider a skilled rider.

I'm on my 7th year on a bike, and I will just cruise along at the back. Not that I cannot keep up, but I want to ride only 90% of my skill on the street
    Resident Loudmouth

i totally understand if a group is looking for more experienced riders.. no questions.. but "No Ninja 250s" just made me laugh a bit
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

this is nice couple of ridesd all same day same destination pretty much same meet spot but different timming i would love to join u guys but i preffer the meet at 11 am kennedy commons on this one everyone is wellcome 125 250 u name it
    scarborough rides.............

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    this is nice couple of ridesd all same day same destination pretty much same meet spot but different timming i would love to join u guys but i preffer the meet at 11 am kennedy commons on this one everyone is wellcome 125 250 u name it
    that's where i'm going !!

where and what time you thinking to be in the niagara area......working on opening my schedule for saturday as we speak/type....one time!

We should be at the Burlington Tims at Walkers line and mainway at 10:30am or so.
    I don't want to be "non politically correct" and say that my rides are fast, speeding or break laws because that would probably not go well with most. I don't have anything against 250 Ninjas or other small bikes but the pace on my rides mostly exceeds the ability of anything slower than an SV650 or so, and that's if the rider is "spirited" (read between the lines). I am really not into waiting up. I will say it again: "this ride is not for Newbs or small bikes" nor 2 up riders. I cover quite a bit of ground in a fairly short time - you do the math. I've lead many rides and everyone is pretty happy with the quicker pace and usually short stops, someone usually rides "sweep" at the back to keep an eye out for "yard sales". I very much prefer days where there is no drama and everyone can be at work on Monday morning.

We usually pull into Niagara Falls at about 1-2pm. The QEW is only 10 or 15 minutes away from any given point until we get to the Falls. Once in the Falls, we can all see who wants to continue out towards the shoreline of Lake Erie and who wants to bail.

i totally understand if a group is looking for more experienced riders.. no questions.. but "No Ninja 250s" just made me laugh a bit
    My sympathy is with you. Experience is not determined or reflected by what you ride; so excluding 250cc or any other categories of bikes is not warranted. Just the same, why bother with this if there are so many other groups who would welcome you with no conditions? Go have fun with the others.

Cool Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Quote Originally Posted by half-a-tiger View Post
    My sympathy is with you. Experience is not determined or reflected by what you ride; so excluding 250cc or any other categories of bikes is not warranted. Just the same, why bother with this if there are so many other groups who would welcome you with no conditions? Go have fun with the others.
    This isn't a warm and fuzzy "love-in" for all bikes and riders. It's about not having to wait for slow bikes. There are rides that are posted for riders with slower stuff, that go at a more sedate pace, but this isn't one of them. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but there are bigger bikes on these rides. Don't take it personal. The top speed on a 250 Ninja barely comes within my redline in 1st gear.

heh.. I went on a couple group rides over the past few years... funny enough the guys on the 250s were better in the turns than the guys on the 600s. Sounds like a fun ride.. only been down that way once and without a guide. I wont be able to make it this time. Have fun guys!

Thanks for the support guys... yeah all i'm saying is that i hit 170 on my Ninja 250 with no problem... and the acceleration is awesome as well for a 250 trust me, it's so flickable!!! you'd be surprise if you ride one of these lol Cheers and have a great long weekend wherever you ride

Ramtin. You are right on. I know many riders who can ride a 250 as well as anyone else and have no problem keeping up. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    heh.. I went on a couple group rides over the past few years... funny enough the guys on the 250s were better in the turns than the guys on the 600s. Sounds like a fun ride.. only been down that way once and without a guide. I wont be able to make it this time. Have fun guys!
    Problem is: if I post a ride for advanced riders, no one shows up, if I don't specify a certain level or pace, then CBR125s will show up.........and apparently no matter what you post to try to weed out slower bikes and riders, someone gets offended. It's probably alot worse if I say HIGH SPEEDS, or SPEEDING or similar, post would probably get flagged. No winning.

well what do you mean by "high speed"?? at what speed are you planning to ride? you can't do more than 20 kilometers over the speed limit anyways.. unless you are planning to get a tricket... .. or even on the highway you're gonna do max 120.. like i said i hit 170 on my 250 so what's the issue? lol and by the way i'm not offended.. it's just that i think what you should have written is you are looking for more experienced riders... cause some people on a 250 can be quicker than some on their supersports it's all experience Even a CBR 125 can hit 120 no problem.. BUT i don't think it's safe on the highway... you need at least about 30-50 kilometers to play with (over the limit) if needed so anyways let's not get too technical lol ... cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Ramtin. You are right on. I know many riders who can ride a 250 as well as anyone else and have no problem keeping up. Cheers.
    ........on a bike that might get to 170 km/h on a good day, downhill, with a tail wind, you're going to have a problem keeping up on my rides......ask the guys from my ride the other week if you don't believe me. My rides are not populated with alot of ICON vest clad riders in T-shirts and shorts if you know what I mean, this is a quick backroads pace, not a bar-hopping "downtown poser pace" where "keeping up" only really means staying upright.

I cannot believe how sensitive some people are!!!

if you drive a 125 or a 250 thats great... its all about biking.
    but every once in a while there may be a group of gals or guys that want to go for a spirited ride, and not have to wait for slower bikes or riders.
    you might think you can. or can ride your 250 like Valintino, simple fact remains 170 is about all you can do. while any liter bike that is barely streching it's legs.

if there was not that big of a diffreance between a r1 or a ninja 250 there would not be a $7000-8000 differance in price.

so to everyone out there... dont be offended and have fun

i like too see a post like the op, because you know what the intentions are. then showing up blind and quarter way through the ride you are wondering where everyone is. lol

i ride a R1 and would not go on this ride because...
    i only have 4yrs under my belt
    and i do not consider myself fast
    and i do not want to feel pressured to push my self past my comfort and my ability

and i have no hurt feelings.... hope everyone has a safe weekend

See you at walkers for 10 30...
    CBR and an R6