Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Thread: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shoreline

Saturday May 21st Niagara backroads. Twisty roads from Hamilton to Niagara Falls and maybe the Lake Erie shoreline. This ride is for Experienced riders, no Newbs or 250 Ninjas. I lived in Niagara for 20 years and I have a great circuit put together out there. I'll be at "Markham Station Restaurant" in the Plaza at Shepherd and Markham rds at 8:15am, they serve great breakfasts 24/7, show up if you want to have a bite or coffee and chat before we ride.
    We'll head over to the Tim Hortons for 9:30am at William Kitchen and Progress to meet for the ride itself (otherwise known as the Timmies behind Kennedy Commons Mall at Kennedy and 401). We'll leave at 9:45am and stop in Burlington at the Walkers line and Mainway Timmies for fuel and to meet other riders from that area who show up. The pace for this ride will be somewhat normal on the highway to "Highly spirited" in the backroads (not sure what that means, but it sounds good). Once in the Falls, we can see who wants to bail or continue on to Fort Erie, Port Colborne to Dunnville and back to Hamilton then Toronto. We'll be back in Toronto about 5 - 6 pm (or sooner if you have to bail, I can point you to the QEW at any time during the ride), I will not monitor this post past Friday at 5pm.

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Quote Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
    Saturday May 21st Niagara backroads. Twisty roads from Hamilton to Niagara Falls and maybe the Lake Erie shoreline. This ride is for Experienced riders, no Newbs or 250 Ninjas. I lived in Niagara for 20 years and I have a great circuit put together out there. I'll be at "Markham Station Restaurant" in the Plaza at Shepherd and Markham rds at 8:15am, they serve great breakfasts 24/7, show up if you want to have a bite or coffee and chat before we ride.
    We'll head over to the Tim Hortons for 9:30am at William Kitchen and Progress to meet for the ride itself (otherwise known as the Timmies behind Kennedy Commons Mall at Kennedy and 401). We'll leave at 9:45am and stop in Burlington at the Walkers line and Mainway Timmies for fuel and to meet other riders from that area who show up. The pace for this ride will be somewhat normal on the highway to "Highly spirited" in the backroads (not sure what that means, but it sounds good). Once in the Falls, we can see who wants to bail or continue on to Fort Erie, Port Colborne to Dunnville and back to Hamilton then Toronto. We'll be back in Toronto about 5 - 6 pm (or sooner if you have to bail, I can point you to the QEW at any time during the ride), I will not monitor this post past Friday at 5pm.
    If things go according to plan, I will see u there at KC.

I haven't explore the backroads much in Niagara. Hopefully we go thru Thorold tunnel. Love tunnels
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: Sat 21 May,Scarborough+Burlington to Twisites Hamilton-Niag Falls,Lake Erie shore

Any idea what time you'l be at the Hortons at Walkers and Mainway...I may be in

How much do you wanna bet that there might be someone out there who bought a Ninja 250 for his first time, after having so much fun with it, then decided to keep it for 3 years before upgrading, and still would be able to keep up with you guys JUST FINE with that Ninja 250 !!! ???

Not that any of us would be interested in riding with a group that is not 250 friendly... Just saying

have a wonderful long weekend!
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtin View Post
    How much do you wanna bet that there might be someone out there who bought a Ninja 250 for his first time, after having so much fun with it, then decided to keep it for 3 years before upgrading, and still would be able to keep up with you guys JUST FINE with that Ninja 250 !!! ???

Not that any of us would be interested in riding with a group that is not 250 friendly... Just saying

Depends on how u define "skilled". Some ppl have ridden bikes for more than 20+ years. In my humble experience 3yrs don't even consider a skilled rider.

I'm on my 7th year on a bike, and I will just cruise along at the back. Not that I cannot keep up, but I want to ride only 90% of my skill on the street
    Resident Loudmouth

i totally understand if a group is looking for more experienced riders.. no questions.. but "No Ninja 250s" just made me laugh a bit
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtin View Post

How much do I want to bet?! You serious???? I'd bet everything I have! Wanna go for a ride??? hahaha!!!!!

I am a licensed motorcycle technician and ex roadracer who lived in Niagara for 20 years who knows these roads like my own face. I ride a 2007 GSXR 1000 that comes out of 1st gear at 100mph, not 100 km/h, 100 mph. I regularly go into wheelies at over 200 km/h for distances of kilometers! This does not make me better than anyone and it's not what I am endorsing here at all. Gawd knows that I only do this sort of thing on a race track.....having won the Wheelie contest at Cayuga at the GTA motorcycles Motorcycle Mayhem weekend in the process. I am not looking to upset anyone or insult anyone, but seriously, you need to reconsider what you'd be trying to "keep up" with. Personally, I've never seen a 250 Ninja with a rocket engine strapped to it. Don't get upset, just take a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
    How much do I want to bet?! You serious???? I'd bet everything I have! Wanna go for a ride??? hahaha!!!!!

I am a licensed motorcycle technician and ex roadracer who lived in Niagara for 20 years who knows these roads like my own face. I ride a 2007 GSXR 1000 that comes out of 1st gear at 100mph, not 100 km/h, 100 mph. I regularly go into wheelies at over 200 km/h for distances of kilometers! This does not make me better than anyone and it's not what I am endorsing here at all. Gawd knows that I only do this sort of thing on a race track.....having won the Wheelie contest at Cayuga at the GTA motorcycles Motorcycle Mayhem weekend in the process. I am not looking to upset anyone or insult anyone, but seriously, you need to reconsider what you'd be trying to "keep up" with. Personally, I've never seen a 250 Ninja with a rocket engine strapped to it. Don't get upset, just take a hint.
    LOLz, this is entertaining.

Alot of these guys don't even know or ever seen a highly skilled rider. A few guys ride for a few years and think they are skilled, until they've ridden with people who have been riding for 20yrs. I used to feel the same way, lol.
    Resident Loudmouth