Thin double sided tape?

Thread: Thin double sided tape?

Thin double sided tape?

Anyone know a place that sells thin double sided tape? Im trying to remount a helmet vent, but everything I have been able to find so far it too thick. Car molding double sided tape from Canadian tire works great for strength and application but its a little too thick. The same product but half as thick would be perfect...

Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction, hopefully somewhere in Mississauga...

Re: Thin double sided tape?

check an orthotic supply store.

Whereabouts are you? I've got a roll, that I could part with, in Brampton. It's not much thicker than masking tape, so should be good for the job.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I have some Wurth tape about 1/2 inch wide, Downtown Core.

thanks guys any specs on the thickness? it needs to be padded but not too thick...I think what I have is considered 1/16" thick...Id want at least half 1/32"....And I only need about 2 feet of it....

Arai wont sell it, they want me to send in the helmet...No time for that, leaving on Friday

Tape is thinner than a 1 cent coin.

Mine is roughly 2.5" wide, unpadded, and essentially like two pieces of cellophane tape, back to back.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Made by Scapa - I don't have the product number handy.
    This is very strong, very sticky.

We use this to test SMT component alignment on high speed SMT placement machines - using this tape in place of solder paste for dry runs.
    It's about half the thickness of a sheet of paper Shown here mounting a dime to a desk.

What I need has to be padded, the part doesn't fit the contour of the helmet well enough for a paper thin tape. Ive tired it and it just doesnt want to stick all they way around...You know press here and over there it pops up...

Its just all the padded ones Ive found are too thick at about 1/16"+....I would like to find something closer to the original stuff used by the Arai factory that I peeled off.. It was white padded but only about 1/32 thick.

Thanks so far thou

Can it be glued on, with a semi strong, semi permanent glue?

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Can it be glued on, with a semi strong, semi permanent glue?
    Probably but if I cant find thinner double sided tape, I'll just settle for the thicker stuff I have....It works great just makes the vent stick out a little more then the other side...Im just picky, and would invest in a roll of something close...My helmet gets beat up in the overhead compartments on the plane...Untill I started travelling with helmets Ive never had one of these top vents come loose...

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Made by Scapa - I don't have the product number handy.
    This is very strong, very sticky.

We use this to test SMT component alignment on high speed SMT placement machines - using this tape in place of solder paste for dry runs.
    It's about half the thickness of a sheet of paper Shown here mounting a dime to a desk.[/IMG]
    Looks like the same stuff I have.

Would this do he trick Lee Valley turner's tape? I have some and it sticks like shirt to a blanket.
    '61 Puch DS60
    '66 Puch 250 SGS (twingle)

Quote Originally Posted by bocutter View Post
    Would this do he trick Lee Valley turner's tape? I have some and it sticks like shirt to a blanket.
    Thanks Id be willing to try it if I had time, but I leave tomorrow AM so I just used the car moulding tape I had...Worked good, but like I said just makes the vent sit a tiny bit higher then the other side..I'll look into that tape when I get back...

... or just do the same to the OTHER vent

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    ... or just do the same to the OTHER vent
    Its not loose at all or I would, its one of those things that feels like your going to break in half trying to pull it off...The other side was already half broken loose so it came off pretty easily...Tape technology amazes me thou, how such little contact arear has such a strong bond

What if you use a sheet of vinyl, or a few stacked together to achieve perfect thickness, and spray adhesive to keep everything together.

Rhino Grip is what you need, it's ultra thin, like saran wrap thin, it's for fixing flapping/flipping vinyl floor, its heavy duty. Clean the surface real good and it will never come off.

Available at home depot

i think 3m make them, like scotch tape but 2 sided.