blew headlights on my 04 r1! help plz!w

Thread: blew headlights on my 04 r1! help plz!w

blew headlights on my 04 r1! help plz!w

So I bought some of those led flush mounts to replace the stock ones. Got them all wired in but the stock wiring has 3 colored wires and the flushmounts only have 2.
    So I got them to work and disregarded the other colour with some different attemps, but when im all done and there put back I realize I haqve no headlights.
    so I rigged back up the stockones to see what's goin on and still no lights!
    did I proly just blow the headlight fuse? If so where is the fuse on my bike and also, how to I rig these flush mounts onto my bike, there suppose to be for my model so I don't undeerstand?
    any help appreciated!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Re: blew headlights on my 04 r1! help plz!w

Have you tried starting the engine ... or was this determined just by turning the key on?

Although I don't know for sure on that particular bike, a lot of bikes have a relay that holds the headlights off until the engine is running.

The headlights are on a separate fused circuit from the running lights and signals. Nothing you would have done involving the turn signal wiring should have affected the headlight circuit.

ya the headlights dont come on umtil the bike is turned on, but i did blow the headlight fuse. Got it all working again, so thats a relief!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Your starter button is a two way switch, with key on, the lights are on, when start button pushed power to the lights is killed and power goes to the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaloo View Post
    Your starter button is a two way switch, with key on, the lights are on, when start button pushed power to the lights is killed and power goes to the starter.
    Not on the r1 it doesnt work like that. key on the headlighs dont power on at all, not until you fire it up.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!