Setting up a TACH on my M50- Anyone know the REAL redline for a Suzuki 800CC V twin?

Thread: Setting up a TACH on my M50- Anyone know the REAL redline for a Suzuki 800CC V twin?

Setting up a TACH on my M50- Anyone know the REAL redline for a Suzuki 800CC V twin?

Hi All... I am setting up my new Tach on my 2006 Boulevard M50 and would like to mark the "red zone" SO I would like to know the accurate upper rev limit for the 805cc 45 deg Vtwin on the M50 and C50..
    Anyone have any idea?..
    Can't seem to find the info anywhere..
    Cheers
    Dave

Re: Setting up a TACH on my M50- Anyone know the REAL redline for a Suzuki 800CC V tw

Which tach did ya get? Could u show a pic of where u mounted it?
    Visible Minority
    Proficient in Microsoft Word

Re: Setting up a TACH on my M50- Anyone know the REAL redline for a Suzuki 800CC V tw

Quote Originally Posted by M50 Rider View Post
    Hi All... I am setting up my new Tach on my 2006 Boulevard M50 and would like to mark the "red zone" SO I would like to know the accurate upper rev limit for the 805cc 45 deg Vtwin on the M50 and C50..
    Anyone have any idea?..
    Can't seem to find the info anywhere..
    Cheers
    Dave
    There is only 2 wires I belive depending on the thack you buy. One will be ground and the other will go to the coil or wrap arounf the spark plug wire a few times depending on the type of tach you get.
    More info here..http://www.motorcycleforums.net/foru...highlight=tach
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    There is only 2 wires I belive depending on the thack you buy. One will be ground and the other will go to the coil or wrap arounf the spark plug wire a few times depending on the type of tach you get.
    More info here..http://www.motorcycleforums.net/foru...highlight=tach
    Yes the Tach works fine... no worries I just want to know the red line of the engine!

Quote Originally Posted by M50 Rider View Post
    Yes the Tach works fine... no worries I just want to know the red line of the engine!
    Lol sry misread lol I remmember reading somewere 8200 rpm when I had my m50
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tach 1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	24581

Hi The Tach is a Baron Sub- Sonic 7 colour LED model with a 1" clamp model BA-7573-05
    fits great- the clamp doesnt fully seat 100% due to the curve on the bars but it clamps fine and lines up perfect- comes with the single fire adapter and all the bits and control box fits fine in the headlight bucket
    cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tach2.jpg  

Rev it until is sounds ****** off and note the reading, if it is close to 8200, booya probably remembered correctly. That's how you would have shifted last week anyway.