RIDE, Saturday May 21, 11Am, Yorkdale Mall, SEARS West Entrance - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIDE, Saturday May 21, 11Am, Yorkdale Mall, SEARS West Entrance

Re: RIDE, Saturday May 21, 11Am, Yorkdale Mall, SEARS West Entrance

Sounds good. We can take M1 friendly streets all the way up. However, once we get to the twisties the pace will most likely be staggered. Faster more confident riders in front, less experienced riders in back. Straight aways will be kept at a sane pace.

It should be noted:

We will always stop when either turning or coming to a stop sign, in order to allow the group to catch up. All riders should do the same.

If the group is small, there should be no worries. If the group is large, we might want to head out from Leslie and lakeshore, then pit stop at yorkdale quickly just to make sure we don't loose any riders in the city due to red lights, missed turns, etc.
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

how long do you think this ride is gonna take? start at 11 - finish ?? have you guys confirmed how many are going?
    "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

I might be in as well, but again the same as Tiggy mentioned I have 9 days still left before I can hit any highways .....keep us posted on whether you are taking back roads or not!!

Jenn

i am in. i think we should take back roads since its open for any riders!

I'm in. If any M1ers want to take side roads, I'll offer to lead that pack.

Ok back roads it is.

Couple of things:
    A/ For the M1 riders, please make sure you are familiar with your bike, and have a sense of control over it. I do not think this ride will be friendly for people who have only ridden their motorcycle to come meet us (aka never been on a bike until this ride).

B/ I expect people to obey traffic rules (to an extent). When we get outside Toronto it is less strict but if I am leading a group through downtown then I need everyone to be on their best behaviour. Last thing we need is for someone to run a stop sign or switch lanes without signalling etc and we are busted before our ride even starts.

C/ What will likely happen is we will come down to Lakeshore and Leslie more likely around 12 noon. We will chill there for a little (Im thinking 12:30 latest, but maybe more like 1pm). I will either lead the group back to yorkdale, just to make sure we didn't lose anyone, or we can split into groups and meet at yorkdale (this is if a bunch of riders show). I just don't want a cop to see me trying to lead 15+ riders through downtown. I say we meet back at yorkdale just so we don't lose anyone riding through Toronto.

D/ Pace will be roughly +10km over the speed limit, might be more as we get out of Toronto (we will stay with the flow of traffic). Once we get to sideroad 17 (start of twisties) I will likely up the pace a fair bit. Please ride within your limits, do not go faster than you are comfortable with just because the person in front of you speeds up etc. Last thing we need is a rider down...

If the person in front of you is going too slow, or you feel you are a more confident rider than they are, feel free to pass them. In theory the front of the group should be the most experienced riders, drifting all the way to the rear whom will be the least experienced.

Lastly, but certainly not least, please familiarize yourself with group riding etiquette
    Look at this website: http://www.sunsethog.com/groupRiding.html Especially number 7 and 11. Please, if you are inexperienced, leave room between you and the bike ahead in turns. We don't want any collisions!

I ride a Blue Suzuki SV1000S, it has Yoshimura TRS pipes. I wear all black gear with a blue helmet.

See you all tomorrow at 11am at yorkdale, and then 12pm at lakeshore and leslie. Please don't be late, we are leaving Lakeshore and Leslie at 12:30-1pm. Please do not show up past 12:30......

The ride will likely be 4+ hours. Roughly 2.5 hours to get up there and ride the twisties, and an hour+ to get back.

wearelopey, man ur doing all the hard work for me hahaha i appriciate it
    anyways guys, see you all tommorow at yorkdale mall at 11am, west sears entrance, ill be on a black/gold gsxr
    im out to enjoy this awsome friday weather!! ride safe everybody
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Im starting in Mississauga, have a route down...

I'll be at King St West / Hwy 10 North around 2, I'll chill there , take some pictures till I see or hear the group.

*Im passing down from Terracotta

We are riding old baseline road to highway 10, not king st. We either hit the forks from there or go up 10 to hockley road. we will also likely be there past 2. We have to take back roads all the way from leslie and lakeshore.

We might actually stop by the cafe and ice cream shop where the forks meet missisauga rd to chill and rest up etc.

Just got in from an awesome ridea while ago..had some nice weather today..I will see you guys at L&L around noon in the timmies/wendys lot Im on a blue gixxer 600. Cant wait!!!!!!!!
    2oo2 gsxr600

I'll see you guys at Yorkdale at 11 on a dirty 500R. This will be my first group ride and first time on the 401.

Fffffffffffail! Its official, cant make it tomorrow (no one wants to cover me at work). Have fun boys and girls. Ride safe..!!
    "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

I'll be at old baseline road / highway 10 at about 2:40ish then but dont wait for me, I'll probly just wait or ride around and as I see the group I'll join in...I'll do a round of forks and see what the conditions are like and when you hit baseline road / highway 10 I can let you guys know and then go from there......Joining in late but want to meet the young riders

Blue and White GSF 500

*are you able to post and update when your leaving from Leslie / Lakeshore

Quote Originally Posted by S500K View Post
    I'll be at old baseline road / highway 10 at about 2:40ish then but dont wait for me, I'll probly just wait or ride around and as I see the group I'll join in...I'll do a round of forks and see what the conditions are like and when you hit baseline road / highway 10 I can let you guys know and then go from there......Joining in late but want to meet the young riders

Blue and White GSF 500

*are you able to post and update when your leaving from Leslie / Lakeshore
    PM me your # if you want and i can text you when we leave L&L

**pretty sure we will be leaving by 1 sharp
    Last edited by Tiggy; 05-21-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    2oo2 gsxr600

I'll see if I can get outta bed in time.....

Sean

2008 ZX10R

Quote Originally Posted by wearelopey View Post
    Buddy and I went to the forks today. Sign is still there saying it's closed on weekdays until 6pm.
    I assume that means that the hairpin still has traffic lights...

If I end up coming up with you guys I'll lead for sure if everyone is ok with it. I took the route I suggested today and it was still pretty fun, even without being able to ride the forks of the credit.

P.S.

If I am leading, and if we want to go to Leslie and Lakeshore Timmies to meet up with people, the route would be:
    -DVP to 401 West
    -401 West to Allen Road
    -Allen Road North to Steeles Avenue West
    -Steeles/Islington Esso station to grab fuel
    -Steeles Avenue West to Highway 27 North (M1 friendly road BTW)
    -Highway 27 North to Sideroad 17
    -Sideroad 17 West to Castlederg
    -Castlederg West to Airport Road
    -Airport Road North to Sideroad 12
    -Sideroad 12 West to Missisauga Road North
    -Missisauga Road North to Forks of the Credit (we will stop here to eat, chill, etc.)
    -Forks of the Credit East to Hurontario St
    -Hurontario St North to Hockley Road
    -Hockley Road East until the twisties end
    - Then we can go wherever from here (either head back to via highway 27 etc. or we can reverse the route and do it all over again).

Again, feel free to change the route etc. voice concerns etc.

I can go as fast or as slow as everyone wants. If the newer and slower riders get left behind when things get curvy, we will always wait at the next turn or stop sign etc. for you guys. This way the faster and more experienced riders can tear up the turns, and the slower and less experienced riders can still ride within their own limits without getting left behind.

Pm me HI RPM with your cell # etc. and we can go from there.

+1 on this route, 17th sideroad is a blast.
    I'm thinking I'll see you guys at Yorkdale at 11
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD

I should be a L&L by 12..see you guys there

Leader of the group shouldnt forget it may 24 weekend. TOns of COPS on road.... Ride within the limit and Safe. See ya

Good times. Too bad I had to duck out early. Still lots of summer left!

sorry had to bail, had limited time today and didn't want to spend it putting around city streets. 17th is in good condition. dude with the orange ZX10 sweet ride. I think I passed the group again at King and 27, you guys were stopped for gas
    Saturday night is free moustache rides for the ladies, apply within

2009 Black n Orange bike with a bit of a rash
    2009 Blue and White bike SOLD