Split finger video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split finger video

Split finger video

A friend of mine wanted to get some footage of what some people call "split finger", basically showing how we work the hand brake and clutch at the same time with one finger each...There is also a bonus crash in there, and my secret fix for straightening the handle bars after a crash..I like the new angle

http://www.youtube.com/user/cippaa69.../2/wwUtXolwynk

Re: Split finger video

Yeah that angle is nice. How and where did you mount the cam?
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

on the cage, on the bar that is vertical.. he had the handle bar mount for mounting onto round tubes....

Oh, I guess that makes it easy...
    I think a rear facing set-up, viewing the rear wheel and sprocket would offer a different look on drifting and circles!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    Oh, I guess that makes it easy...
    I think a rear facing set-up, viewing the rear wheel and sprocket would offer a different look on drifting and circles!
    Yes gonna have to try some of that too....This was by special request, people wanted to see what is going on with our fingers, and what is involved in doing the clutch stalls and spins...

siccccc, is that rider also a trained pianist by any chance? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ducati rider View Post
    No sir I do not know how to play piano lol But the ladies say I can do some pretty sic **** with my fingers...J/K lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    No sir I do not know how to play piano lol But the ladies say I can do some pretty sic **** with my fingers...J/K lol
    hahahahahaha, yeah clutching up a lady's vag is fun. lol
    Last edited by ducati rider; 05-12-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Yes he is...we're all very good punanyist!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    punanyist!
    why did u spell it like that? lol

why did u spell it like that? lol
    Cuz I don't have one and didn't pay attention in health class (I Thought I Knew It All).
    Anyway I learned to play it all on my own!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

I still don't understand the concept of 'slipping the clutch'...I tried to get some insight from the video...but it just doesn't work in my head...

I saw from another video that you're supposed to just pull in the clutch and release really quickly...but it didn't work for me...maybe my timing's not right...

Any quick pointers anyone can shoot me?
    slowsucks...

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    I still don't understand the concept of 'slipping the clutch'...I tried to get some insight from the video...but it just doesn't work in my head...

I saw from another video that you're supposed to just pull in the clutch and release really quickly...but it didn't work for me...maybe my timing's not right...

Slipping the clutch means you are allowing the clutch plates to slip by partially disengaging the clutch, this happens somewhere between engaging and disengaging.
    As I'm sure you know, this is what you do when you want to, smoothly pull away from a complete stop without any jerking.

We do the same thing in a wheelie, usually at balance point, to kill or modulate the drive.
    It reduces the jerkyness and smooths out a wheelie the same way.
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post

My video wont help you...watch this video, its more basic clutch slipping and shows both clutch and trottle movements required
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncPBZ9DRRk

Q for da suntas, r u guys using dat easy clutch cable.. or the clutch arm extension??

dat 1 finger pull looks soo easy n smooth.. mine is madd stiff, even with 2 fingers it takes alot of effort n my wrist go num after 10 15 min

-the adjuster thing on ma clutch is broken but it should effect the smoothness too much? would it.. cause ma street bike clutch is alot easier to pull

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Pun View Post
    Q for da suntas, r u guys using dat easy clutch cable.. or the clutch arm extension??

dat 1 finger pull looks soo easy n smooth.. mine is madd stiff, even with 2 fingers it takes alot of effort n my wrist go num after 10 15 min

-the adjuster thing on ma clutch is broken but it should effect the smoothness too much? would it.. cause ma street bike clutch is alot easier to pull
    Most of us are using the MSR RAPTOR EZ-pull clutch lever or the RSC Rightious stunt clutch (basically a billet MSR)

They have a different pivot point that makes the clutch easier to pull, other then that your cable routing and condition can make a huge difference in your cable pull. Keep it clean and lubed, replace it if its kinked and route it in a matter that causes the least amount of bends as possible..

you need a tripod mounted on the bars facing the clutch and brake...you can see it from the angle you have, but mounted on the bars will allow one to follow the the two levers, and then do a split video for the split fingers...meh, what do i know, just trying to be creative...i love shooting video and taking pics...

After seeing that username, I am thinking that we need to add one to our Lot Commandments!!

Thou Shall Not Come To Our Spot If Thou Does Not Like Females!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Most of us are using the MSR RAPTOR EZ-pull clutch lever or the RSC Rightious stunt clutch (basically a billet MSR)

They have a different pivot point that makes the clutch easier to pull, other then that your cable routing and condition can make a huge difference in your cable pull. Keep it clean and lubed, replace it if its kinked and route it in a matter that causes the least amount of bends as possible..
    ai respect, i wasn't sure which 1 to grab... did u guys try extending the clutch pivot arm? i read that works too but not sure if its worth doin the mod

I did try it once, and the extended arm is sitting on my desk collecting dust. Since I already had the EZ-pull I found it didnt work well with it. The EZ-pull clutch levers also fit better with a hand brake setup, so IMO that is what you need. On most bikes it makes it soft enough on its own