Group Buy Forum Rules ~ Please read before posting ~

Thread: Group Buy Forum Rules ~ Please read before posting ~

Exclamation Group Buy Forum Rules ~ Please read before posting ~

This forum is for members to request group buys on items that they think other members might be interested in.

Members can request a group buy by creating a new thread in the Group Buy forum.

Other members can simply respond if they're interested.

GTAM Site Sponsors and Dealers/Vendors will watch this forum and can respond with any offers and pricing if they feel there is enough interest.

In the event that none of our Sponsors can offer a group price on the item, and a member thinks they have a vendor who can, the member can contact either Paul or Cutekill with the vendor information.

Members are NOT allowed to post group buys unless it is organized and authorized by a GTAM Dealer/Vendor.

Thanks
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Dealer/Vendor Velocity Sportsgear's Avatar

Re: Group Buy Forum Rules ~ Please red before posting ~

Paul,
    Why can't people reply to my Group Buy thread I posted last night?
    Velocity Sportsgear
    1060 Britannia Road East, Unit 5
    Mississauga, ON. L4W 1T4
    905-670-9298
    1-855-670-9298
    jimmy@velocitysportsgear.com

" Velocity Sportsgear - A synergy of style and safety"

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Sportsgear View Post
    Paul,
    Why can't people reply to my Group Buy thread I posted last night?
    All fixed Jimmy. Sorry about that.

Thanks
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Hasn't this just turned into an extension of the dealer's area now? I thought the group buy area would be where we could ask for a popular product at a certain price that corresponds with what's out there (Ebay, other merchants, online merchants) taking into account shipping and handling etc and allowing first the GTAM dealers/vendors to respond with their price, and if they can't match or come close, then allowing the group buy to go ahead? Right now this area seems a little redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    Hasn't this just turned into an extension of the dealer's area now? I thought the group buy area would be where we could ask for a popular product at a certain price that corresponds with what's out there (Ebay, other merchants, online merchants) taking into account shipping and handling etc and allowing first the GTAM dealers/vendors to respond with their price, and if they can't match or come close, then allowing the group buy to go ahead? Right now this area seems a little redundant.
    If you read what paul wrote, the community can ask for deals, but it's up to the vendors to oblige them. Prices would be determined by the vendors. Some will offer excellent prices while others won't be that accomodating.

I'm wondering what would happen if no vendor wants to step up to offer that group buy, but a non-advertising vendor can advertise it... would it be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    If you read what paul wrote, the community can ask for deals, but it's up to the vendors to oblige them. Prices would be determined by the vendors. Some will offer excellent prices while others won't be that accomodating.

I'm wondering what would happen if no vendor wants to step up to offer that group buy, but a non-advertising vendor can advertise it... would it be allowed?
    That's what I was hoping would happen. I thought this might be a way to keep business local rather than losing it to the online companies but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

If you find a non-supporting vendor that is willing to step up for any product. Let me know who the vendor is and we'll work something out.

This is a trial forum and we'll try to get the vendors to browse this forum to see if there is an opportunity. I think most of the vendors might be missing the requests.

We'll see what we can do to try and make everyone happy.

Thanks

Paul

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

OK, thanks for the reply. I realise that dealers won't be able to match the price of every product that's out there but I'm guessing there's a few products that they can get close pricing to, things like brake pads, chains, sprockets etc.

you should really let other member without vendor status offer the group buys so they will be able to help out other members

Re: Group Buy Forum Rules ~ Please read before posting ~

Hi Paul,

Can you make a sign-up email list or something? I don't watch the group buy forums all the time and sometimes miss things. Other places send out an e-mail every time there is a group buy. Members can sign up for a newsletter list or something. It might get the word out to more members especially if they are not watching this part of the forum every day/week.

Thanks.