Drift inovation hd170 stealth camera group buy...awesome deal!!!!:) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drift inovation hd170 stealth camera group buy...awesome deal!!!!:)

Re: Drift inovation hd170 stealth camera group buy...awesome deal!!!!:)

Quote Originally Posted by Cha0s00100 View Post
    Personally not a fan of the drift, Take a look at it in person. Its like a brick on your helmet; not to mention the black one is hard to find. If you can get passed an orange brick on your helmet its a great cam setup. I choose Contour GPS
    Because of the features I chose Drift over Contour. Before Drift came Contour was my choice. I hate the look of GoPro which is why I opt'd away from that. Everyone has their own preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknload View Post
    ...The only drawback that I see is not knowing if I started recording when I push the remote button. I have it mounted to my top triple, it would be nice to have a small led to illuminate when the camera is recording. Just a small gripe and pretty insignificant considering the other cameras don't have a remote.
    doesn't the stealth BEEP at you when it starts recording... the "orange brick" one does. Maybe it's a setting in the menu. If it's on your helmet you should be able to hear the beep on and off. Also there is a little LED. It's green when it's not recording and red when it is recording.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    doesn't the stealth BEEP at you when it starts recording... the "orange brick" one does. Maybe it's a setting in the menu. If it's on your helmet you should be able to hear the beep on and off. Also there is a little LED. It's green when it's not recording and red when it is recording.
    It does but...

"No record indicator on the remote control. In some cases where the camera is mounted out-of-sight or out of audible range it would be nice to tell if you are recording by a visual indicator on the remote control itself."

Dont get me wrong the drift is a good camera setup, personally though I just cant get passed they way it looks. There are a lot of things they can improve on, which I know they will over time. Just as mentioned prior a rec indicator on the remote would be amazing, they size and look ect . . . The remote overall, built in screen, and the external mic setup is a huge plus. I plan on opening up my Contour and adding an external mic jack. With the large slider on the GPS I find no need for a remote. My only complaint about the Contour is that the slider dose not power the camera on as it needs to remain in standby for the slider to start recording, which killed my battery prior to getting to 507 this weekened and missed out on a lot of good footage =(.
    "Be good or be good at it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2011 Triumph Daytona 675SE - Current
    2005 Suzuki SV650S - 20,000km - SOLD
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - 8,000km - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    It does but...

"No record indicator on the remote control. In some cases where the camera is mounted out-of-sight or out of audible range it would be nice to tell if you are recording by a visual indicator on the remote control itself."

Here's what I do... push REC 4 or 5 times and I'm guaranteed that it's recording... same for "STOP"... I've never seen it Not record.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    In a month or so there will be a dive cover available. Price and depth unknown though. Its still in testing and won't be released until depth is determined.
    Not to sound like a fanboy as my cam does have it's faults but from what I see from the GoPro the cam is out in the elements a lot, the front lens bubble of the GoPro case (included with the cam, not extra) protects the lens of the camera from rocks, debris, dust, flies and the elements and it's user replaceable as a relatively cheap part. It may be ugly and the UI might have it's faults but the camera itself has a great rugged multi-purpose design. Also from personal experience, "water resistant" items frequently dissapoint in the rain. The extra cost dive shell for this camera may very well be necessary if the camera is going to last any amount of time as any rider that rides in the rain knows that rain on a bike, is not like rain walking down the high street, the water is pressurised by your speed somewhat.

Just my 2c.

Bump. PM me if your interested
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Does this take SD or microSD memory cards?
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Is there a difference between this Stealth one and the one that is selling at Cosco for 299?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....=1&topnav=&s=1

Quote Originally Posted by 150dpi View Post
    Is there a difference between this Stealth one and the one that is selling at Cosco for 299?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....=1&topnav=&s=1
    Yes, if you go through the posts above you will see that the stealth is a newer model and one of the major differences is the LCD screen. There is a link in one of the above posts that discuses the differences with the two. Thanks
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    Does this take SD or microSD memory cards?
    SD card

I have a drift n hate it due to batteries ..

Edit: I did just noticed the new version comes with lithium rather than require AA .. still
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by afelotreyu View Post
    What's the battery life like?
    The website for the Contour HD said 2-2.5 hrs for theirs.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Edit: I did just noticed the new version comes with lithium rather than require AA .. still
    Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    What's the battery life like?
    The website for the Contour HD said 2-2.5 hrs for theirs.
    Battery can be upgraded to a bigger one that's suppose to last 6hrs+. It's the same battery as a camcorder. You can purchase it on ebay for cheap. Other than that, try to install a USB power system that hooks up to your battery to recharge on the go.

My drift runned on double AA batteries, which is awesome for normal summer days. But in Winter, cold weather and batteries are not a fun mix.

I should mention I look at the camera for a year round use, not just riding, and like my edit said, I noticed they now come with Lithium so I can't speak for that.

My drift runned on double AA batteries, which is awesome for normal summer days. But in Winter, cold weather and batteries are not a fun mix.

I should mention I look at the camera for a year round use, not just riding, and like my edit said, I noticed they now come with Lithium so I can't speak for that.
    oh you have an older model. Makes sense. AA batteries migt not be so bad... what's the battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    oh you have an older model. Makes sense. AA batteries migt not be so bad... what's the battery life?
    2 hours tops... and like 30 minutes recording.. of course depends on how much I invest on batteries.. I tried rechargeable too and battle to keep batteries warm in my jacket while snowboarding.. no go for more than a 1minute of video in good winter weather days. Like I said, I look for a year round all conditions camera...

I should learn to be more specific from my first reply.. sorry

2 hours tops... and like 30 minutes recording.. of course depends on how much I invest on batteries.. I tried rechargeable too and battle to keep batteries warm in my jacket while snowboarding.. no go for more than a 1minute of video in good winter weather days. Like I said, I look for a year round all conditions camera...

I should learn to be more specific from my first reply.. sorry
    No worries. Sounds like the new drift or contour would be perfect for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    No worries. Sounds like the new drift or contour would be perfect for your needs.
    Got the GoPro.. the whole idea of the case supporting my "Advance open water diving" depth of 60m is more than perfect. but still have the drift at home eating dust

The old drift that runs on AA batteries lasted about 1.5 hours. The new one which uses the lithium batteries last about 4+ hours with the display on.

While the Drift X170 came with alkaline AA batteries batteries - which only lasted for about 1.5 hours, the Drift HDX170 Action Cam comes with a rechargeable 1110mAh Lithium-ion battery keeping you shooting longer and away from stores buying replacement AA’s.

Shortly after I took my first few video clips with a fully charged battery, I noticed that the battery life indicator showed 1/2 full with was a bit disconcerting. However, I’m happy to report that the battery ended up lasting long after the two and a half hour shooting session was over, despite of having the LCD turned on all of the time. As I write this the battery is still running strong after the display has been on for more than 4 hours. How about that? If that’s not enough, you can put the camera in power saving mode where the LCD screen turns off after moments of inactivity (when you are not pressing any of the buttons).

To recharge the camera, simply connect it, using this supplied USB cable, to any USB charger (automotive, AC outlet, etc..) or plug it into your computer. A blue indicator light will come on while the battery is being charged.

The battery life tests were done with the included 1110mAh battery. The optional expanded 1700mAh battery is a great choice for long days of shooting or when you are working in cold climates.