This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Thread: This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Heads up that Lakeshore Road is very sandy and people go down on it every spring. Now for lunch....at the bottom of the main drag on the left, just before the bridge over the Ganny, Jim's pizza has great food.
    +1 to this and everything else theshnizzle said. Jim's makes some great pizza, I've had it a few times. Definitely beats the usual Pizza Pizza/Nova/etc.

I just did the Lakeshore route last week with 76ish, it was fun but there are definitely some rough spots. There are a few potholes and some spots with gravel on them, so be mindful and take it easy around the corners. One of our fellow riders went down on Lakeshore at Baulch Road (Google Map location) as it's a surprisingly sharp and narrow turn immediately after the overpass there, when travelling toward the southwest along Lakeshore. If you haven't been there before, take it easy going through there from either direction as cars may also take it wide, or pedestrians may be in your line.

That said, enjoy the trip -- I may be doing the same run again tomorrow morning/afternoon if weather's good and some of my buds are up for it.

OP How was the ride?
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

I did it and it was great... my 3rd day of riding a motorcycle LOL and it was awesomeee!! really enjoyed that road. i was stuck in the middle of a group of 60s-70s corvettes!.. planning to do it again as soon as the weather gets better
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro