This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Thread: This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Wink This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Hey guys....

I'm planning to ride This Saturday from Scarborough (Starting on Kingston) to Lakeshore Rd. then to Port Hope (about 1.5 hours East of Scarborough), stop for lunch and back!

I'm new, i ride a Ninja 250R... (Can't take highways, the bike is still breaking in) So If you are more experienced and this doesn't do it for you, then i'm sorry... But if you are cool with this, and you like to ride along, i'd be happy to ride as a group!

This takes about 1.5 hours from Scarborough... and then again 1.5 hours back... so be prepared to ride for at least 3 to 4 hours...

If you're up for this, please reply and then inbox me with your name and number.. we'll have a chat and away we go on Saturday!

I'll be doing this alone if nobody comes anyways

Cheers
    Last edited by Ramtin; 05-05-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Re: This Sat: From Scarborough, Port Hope (Lakeshore Rd.) and back!

Enjoy the ride but please note that Lakeshore Rd is also used by runners, dog wallkers, bicycles etc, so be respectful of the hamlets and towns along the route. There is also gravel on some of the corners, so take it easy keep the revs low and enjoy the view.

will do... Thanks for the tip .. can't wait to visit the area

hey Ramtin, how many km's on the odo?. I may be interested, haven't been on a sight seeing tour in a while. What time are you planning on heading out?

Heads up that Lakeshore Road is very sandy and people go down on it every spring. Now for lunch....at the bottom of the main drag on the left, just before the bridge over the Ganny, Jim's pizza has great food.

Also the Thai place a couple blocks up has excellant food as well, same side of the street on your left if heading east.

Cheap n' tasty Chinese buffet, go to end of Walton,main drag, go right at the light,continue to the next light,turn left up the hill, it's the Wing Quing on your right beside the beer store. About 3 mins from the main street.

The Railside is also good, but Jim's is better. Afterwords,jump back on the bike and ride Hwy 2 eastbound for about 45 mins to Colbourne or go back up the hill of the main street,turn right at the Winchester,heading north on Toronto Road and keep going under the 401.

Stay on County rd 10 up to Millbrook. Should take you about half hour and it's a really nice rural ride. Turn around head back south to Port Hope,you can turn right onto Hwy 2 in Welcome and take that pretty much all the way back.

Good luck and ride safe
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Heads up that Lakeshore Road is very sandy and people go down on it every spring. Now for lunch....at the bottom of the main drag on the left, just before the bridge over the Ganny, Jim's pizza has great food.
    +1 to this and everything else theshnizzle said. Jim's makes some great pizza, I've had it a few times. Definitely beats the usual Pizza Pizza/Nova/etc.

I just did the Lakeshore route last week with 76ish, it was fun but there are definitely some rough spots. There are a few potholes and some spots with gravel on them, so be mindful and take it easy around the corners. One of our fellow riders went down on Lakeshore at Baulch Road (Google Map location) as it's a surprisingly sharp and narrow turn immediately after the overpass there, when travelling toward the southwest along Lakeshore. If you haven't been there before, take it easy going through there from either direction as cars may also take it wide, or pedestrians may be in your line.

That said, enjoy the trip -- I may be doing the same run again tomorrow morning/afternoon if weather's good and some of my buds are up for it.

OP How was the ride?
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

I did it and it was great... my 3rd day of riding a motorcycle LOL and it was awesomeee!! really enjoyed that road. i was stuck in the middle of a group of 60s-70s corvettes!.. planning to do it again as soon as the weather gets better
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime" -Burt Munro