GF Accident - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GF Accident

Just so everyone is aware for the future, if you are ever involved in an accident and need camera footage from security you will have to do something other than just ask them for it. While I agree that the first guard the OP talked to was being a prick because he should have informed you about how to properly obtain the footage, he was right that he can't just give it away to a regular citizen.

Security footage is actually protected by a government act (I can't remember which one specifically, I think it's acronym is PIPIDA or something) and as it is the property of whomever employs the security guard, he can't just give it out. If you contact the police and file a report however, 99% of the time the company/security guards will be more than happy to assist them and hand the footage over.

What there worried about is showing some civilian security footage of someone knocking their bike over, and then instead of going to the police the civilian finds the person that knocked the bike over and beats the s*** out of them.

Always remember this when dealing with uniformed security guards. They work in a horribly bureaucratic environment, there is always someone higher up to talk to, and some piece of paper to fill out to try to get what you want.
    Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

Re: GF Accident

F.i.p.p.a.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde