Bike down 401/Jane

Thread: Bike down 401/Jane

Bike down 401/Jane

Just saw this on this monings news, emergency crews just got on scene. Hope riders ok.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Bike down 401/Jane

hope he's alright....too much of this, it seems as if theres a new one everyday. makes you think when your turn is coming up...Ride extra safe everyone

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
    hope he's alright....too much of this, it seems as if theres a new one everyday. makes you think when your turn is coming up...Ride extra safe everyone
    So far, the consensus seems to be:

1. Overeager riders driving too aggressively due to pent up riding frustration;
    2. Couple the above with the fact that drivers may still not be aware that bikes are now out on the roads;
    2. Unfixed potholes/road damage;

Sucks to hear stories like these.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

GWS Rider.

Minor injuries in this crash (and another one on Steeles and Weston)

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...d-morning-rush

Two motorcycle crashes during Wed. morning rush
    2011/05/04 | CityNews.ca Staff

The scene of a motorcycle accident on westbound 401 near 400.
    Two motorcycle crashes happened around the same time during the morning rush Wednesday.

Both riders suffered minor injuries in the separate accidents around 7 a.m.; the first happened on the westbound collector lanes of Highway 401 near Highway 400 and the second occurred on Steeles Avenue West, near Weston Road.

The riders involved in both accidents were up and walking around after the crashes.

Roads are still cold in the morning boys, take er easy out there!

Good to hear there were relatively good endings (i.e. not of the tragic type) to both stories.

I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    Roads are still cold in the morning boys, take er easy out there!
    This. It's still too cold to be riding around in the morning, while the good majority of Toronto are still half asleep driving to work. GWS riders.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

hey guys that was me this morning everythings good, fractured wrist and road rash, first time down. wasnt due to aggressive driving potholes or anything like that. I was going to work, what happen was: if u drive by their theirs paving being prepared so they got the round pylons that force u into the left lane. I did my lane change i noticed this silver car stopped in the middle of the hwy. She was stopped to cross over the solid line which is the island to drive between the pylons, i guess she missed her exit.but keep in mind this is happening so fast. i look over my should to go into fast lane, i see another rider and a car behind him i wasnt gonna make it to change lanes. i thought about chancing shoulder but she was trying to get to the other side, so i squashed that idea. so instinct brake, they locked up, it slide for a bit i tried to keep it straight but i think i hit a rock or something so it fish tailed to the right. at this point i thought about bringing it back but i thought rolling, bad idea. At this point i knew it was going down so i leaned down as much as i could and let her go. After that i just thought about oncoming traffic on highway, i just got up and moved to the side.

* The other guy who was riding was the first guy to stop and come back to see if i was ok, and he gave the OPP a witness statement. Wherever you are buddy thanks a million

Thank god they're both ok. I was beginning to think this was going to be a bad year for me to get my first bike.

Quote Originally Posted by puredreamz View Post
    hey guys that was me this morning everythings good, fractured wrist and road rash, first time down. wasnt due to aggressive driving potholes or anything like that. I was going to work, what happen was: if u drive by their theirs paving being prepared so they got the round pylons that force u into the left lane. I did my lane change i noticed this silver car stopped in the middle of the hwy. She was stopped to cross over the solid line which is the island to drive between the pylons, i guess she missed her exit.but keep in mind this is happening so fast. i look over my should to go into fast lane, i see another rider and a car behind him i wasnt gonna make it to change lanes. i thought about chancing shoulder but she was trying to get to the other side, so i squashed that idea. so instinct brake, they locked up, it slide for a bit i tried to keep it straight but i think i hit a rock or something so it fish tailed to the right. at this point i thought about bringing it back but i thought rolling, bad idea. At this point i knew it was going down so i leaned down as much as i could and let her go. After that i just thought about oncoming traffic on highway, i just got up and moved to the side.

* The other guy who was riding was the first guy to stop and come back to see if i was ok, and he gave the OPP a witness statement. Wherever you are buddy thanks a million
    Damn man, good to hear you're in one piece - gws.

Hey thanks to you I got an ear full from my girlfriend this morning with the all popular "are you sure you want to ride today, there was already 2 accidents....maybe you should drive.......just kidding, thanks for the detail and I am glad you are both safe. Good to hear after that tragic accident this weekend. DRIVE SAVE PEOPLE. Slow down!
    Bron
    bgss4u@hotmail.com
    See ya at the Timeees!

Glad your ok man, saw it this morning while having my coffee and made me cringe.
    Always good news to here there were no seriouse injuries.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

This should be stickied. Great defensive riding having multiple exit routes and if none pans out minimize the injury to oneself by low siding. Glad you made it out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by puredreamz View Post

Glad to hear you are (mostly) ok.