21 y/o, SF quoted me 136/month .

Thread: 21 y/o, SF quoted me 136/month .

21 y/o, SF quoted me 136/month .

I have a 1996 ex250 with 1 seat belt ticket. All there is to do now is wait because I haven't had my license for 5 years (it's been 4 years 11 months ). Just giving the younguns out there some hope !

Banned

Re: 21 y/o, SF quoted me 136/month .

make sure you get it in writing. having an oral quote means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by awwmad View Post
    I have a 1996 ex250 with 1 seat belt ticket. All there is to do now is wait because I haven't had my license for 5 years (it's been 4 years 11 months ). Just giving the younguns out there some hope !
    Do you have a car with them or something? That rate is less than what my GF got and she is 26 no tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Do you have a car with them or something? That rate is less than what my GF got and she is 26 no tickets.
    My GF got about the same quote on a 09 250 and shes 25

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    nope, no car. I heard every broker is different, even if they work for the same company(say SF for example). Someone correct me if im wrong.

nope, no car. I heard every broker is different, even if they work for the same company(say SF for example). Someone correct me if im wrong.
    I'm pretty sure they're supposed to give you the same quote (they operate on the same system).

Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    My GF got about the same quote on a 09 250 and shes 25
    I screwed up I as thinking for a 600cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're supposed to give you the same quote (they operate on the same system).
    My instructor at RTI said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    make sure you get it in writing. having an oral quote means nothing.
    +1

However I find the OP's quote believable, State Farm would insure that rider no problem. And all State Farm agents should be giving you the same quote - if they're different one of them is a bogus quote, which is exactly why you should get it in writing!
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    +1

However I find the OP's quote believable, State Farm would insure that rider no problem. And all State Farm agents should be giving you the same quote - if they're different one of them is a bogus quote, which is exactly why you should get it in writing!
    +1

My instructor at RTI said otherwise.
    Which is why your RTI instructor is an instructor and not an insurance broker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
    If you don't have it in writing, you don't have anything really ..... You don't have to have a car with them, but you have to have G license for 5 years. Sometimes brokers just say things, but when they send the transaction over to corporate office it will be rejected if it is not according to SF corporate rules. The rates will always be the same, unless a brokers choose different vehicles or make another mental mistake ...

Buddy is 22 with 1 ticket 2nd year of riding and pays like $1200 with jevco...
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves