Follow Along: 600rr to California

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow Along: 600rr to California

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Follow Along: 600rr to California

Sequel to thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?135984-Help-me-plan-my-epic-trip-of-a-lifetime!-Toronto-gt-California-and-back-in-15-days!

I’ve finally graduated after a long 5 years of university so what better way to start a new chapter to my life off with an adventure. Origin: Toronto, Canada….Destination: Los Angeles, California. Along the way, I’ll be stopping at famous landmarks/destinations such as Mt. Rushmore, Pikes Peak, Grand Canyon, Apache Trail, Pacific Coast Highway, Monument Valley to name a few. This trip is 1 year in the making, so there is a lot to look forward to. Happiness, Nervousness, Excitement…mixed emotions.

The bike I’ll be riding is the 2005 Honda CBR600RR. People look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’m going that far on a supersport. I just think they don’t “get it”….or maybe I’m a little crazy. I’ll be staying at hotel/motels, camping and couchsurfing over the duration of the trip. I’ve never couchsurfed before so that will be a new experience. And to be honest, the first time I put up a tent was today. Lots of new experiences which is what factors into my nervousness.

I’m currently very exhausted from packing all day. This was my only day to pack as I was writing my final exams at school (out of town and away from my bike). I’ll be updating with pictures and comments as I go. Looking forward to having you guys tag along with me!

Follow me in real time on SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...LvT4e2TyuQo1kq

And my blog:
    http://supersporttouring.blogspot.com/

Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Re: Follow Along: 600rr to California

Good luck!

I'm planning a similar trip when I graduate next year too.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

That is AWESOME!!!

Youre livin the dream wheelieboy.
    Originally posted by INREB
    Spool up time is the lag. Who put the lag in a lag? Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp? Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

Originally Posted by invictus43
    can you explain magnets to me??

That is good to hear. U traveling alone? Always felt a bit uneasy about traveling alone, but I guess it's just the US.

Have a great adventure
    RR

++1 enjoy be safe..

Sounds fun

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...sx-r1000-1.jpg

09 GSXR 1000- (aka- My Baby)
    07 GSXR 600 (aka- sex hundred)- Stolen
    02 SV650 (aka- trumpet)- Stolen
    03 GS500(aka- My First Love)- Crashed

(I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back.)
    .............................$$$$Caught ya you looked$$$$

Traveling alone.

I'm leaving now to battle the rain. I'll update whenever I get internet. See ya!

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR

I like Spot. Cool to see what route u are taking. Stay safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy View Post
    How does this work? All I get is a grey screen with a little control box in the upper left corner. Same thing on any computer I try.
    There is no planet B.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    How does this work? All I get is a grey screen with a little control box in the upper left corner. Same thing on any computer I try.
    I get a Google Map with a bunch of points on it. Works here even at my work where the firewall likes to break things.

Is there an app for smart phones (preferably WinMo which no one seems to make apps for anymore) that does something similar? I guess Google Maps with Latitude allows your friends to track you but it doesn't make a pretty line showing where you've been and requires your friends to have some knowledge of how Google Maps works.
    Last edited by unL33T; 04-29-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Works for me, he's just east of Chippawa falls.

Tracking site was down for an hour or two today. Works now. Try it again.
    Flat black '08 DL650A

Javascript enabled?

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR

Dear Wheelieboy,

After reading your thread, watching the vids and looking at the pics I immediately did the following:

I got on my knees and put my hands together, head down. Started praying "Dear baby jesus, please let me go on a long trip like this." Afterwards, I opened up a savings account where I dumped a bunch of money I had saved up for a house. The account was named "my epic bike trip 2012."

I hope you're happy with all the epic pics and vids you're posting. Thanks to you my house plans have been delayed further. Furthermore, I put in money, for gear, that I was going to use to get another dog. I hope you're happy, now a small puppy will die because no one will buy it. You have puppy blood on your hands now mister.

Keep up the epic posting/vids/pics. I really look forward to more pics/posts.

Regards,
    LiNK666
    You've got me thinking. My son's RESP account is suddenly looking ... optional. Screw him - he can do it himself Link666 & Wheelieboy (by association), his future McJobs or begging for change on the street corner are on your hands.
    Make him earn the education like everyone else. Worked and took osap. Why should he get a free ride. If anything you are teachimg him responsibility. Not like he is going to pay for your dreams when he graduates. He's a liability and you should treat him as such

Sent from my XT720 using Tapatalk

What an exciting day in SoCal with Wheelieboy today. From 1 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. I watched him break and fix his bike. Clearly he didn't use enough crazy glue as it is still broken (check engine light is on). If it isn't fixed in the next day or so, please send me money so we can continue to feed him

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    ...please send me money so we can continue to feed him
    won't need much to feed a skinny asian dude
    slowsucks...

Quote Originally Posted by oRRange600 View Post
    WOW..that is amazing. Those roads without the guard-rails looks pretty scary. Quite the drop down! Ride safe!
    Thats nothing, on Fish Hill Creek in one of the later part of the video which I havent uploaded yet, there is a huge dropoff without any guardrails. I think there is one turn they call dead man's hill because someone ran their car off of it one time.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    Riding in a t-shirt, tisk tisk.

Keep the updates coming man, im living this adventure thru you.
    Dont really have a choice when its 40 degrees and max speed is about 50km/h

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    What an exciting day in SoCal with Wheelieboy today. From 1 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. I watched him break and fix his bike. Clearly he didn't use enough crazy glue as it is still broken (check engine light is on). If it isn't fixed in the next day or so, please send me money so we can continue to feed him
    Hope to fix it tomorrow. Bike runs fine, just the stupid light is on. It happened last time but it was airbox related. Its likely that.

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    won't need much to feed a skinny asian dude
    I almost cleaned out their fridge, you guys might really need to send him some food money.

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR

Day 6: I've had the ride of my life

I woke up today looking forward to riding the million dollar highway (hwy 550) in Colorado. This road was featured on SpeedTV's "Dangerous Drives", they were talking about how truckers had to endure treacherous conditions including snow and ice to get across this mountain pass which runs from Montrose to Durango Colorado.

When I went through the Million Dollar Highway, there was snow and ice, but nothing stayed on the ground. The switchbacks, sweepers, and all the turns made this an awesome riding experience with breathtaking scenery everywhere you look.

As I was rounding a bend on Highway 50, I noticed a young man, about the same age as me with a little scooter. It wasnt just any ordinary scooter rider, he had a bag of luggage on his scooter. 50cc Honda Ruckus I believe. It made me curious as to what he was doing and where he was going so I stopped to find out. He told me that he had a couple of weeks off work and wanted to get on his scooter and cruise. Where to? California. But he was going North and then making his way West to San Fransisco and eventually to LA.

My goal of the day was to make it to Monument Valley to camp out in the Valley of the Gods. I've only seen pictures of Monument Valley and I knew it was going to be a sight to see.

On the way there, I saw a sign that said Four Corners Monument. Being ahead of schedule, I figured that there was enough time to stop by. I was expecting a big monument of the Four Corners but when I got there, I was a little disappointed. All I saw was a carve out of the 4 states on the ground.

My bike also decided to take a nap.

Eventually, I made it to Monument Valley.

Set up my tent.

And enjoyed the sunset.

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR

Awesome! Congrats on completing your trip.
    I only briefly read through this thread and will have to read your blog. (honestly I don't know how I missed this!?!?)
    Hopefully one day I will embark on something similar as it is a dream of mine.
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "