Brampton Powersports - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brampton Powersports

Re: Brampton Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by S500K View Post
    AHHH, stop posting the demo ride, more people to take the bikes I want to test out Hoping for good weather, see ya'll there
    LOL sorry buddy. I hope you get to try out all the bikes you want to! Just trying to make sure that everyone knows to bring the required equipment. Would hate to see someone get turned down just because they didnt have the proper gloves or something.

All good GHarvey, I know its part of your job along with Dustin? I think it was, and I will definitely put my comments how the day went.

Had great experiences with SOB. Bought 2 bikes from Tom (I hear he's not in the bike dept anymore?!) and Mark is excellent. Danny in parts was always good to me also. Let's hope BP will be as good. Has any of the SOB Staff moved over? I'll have to check out the new web site I guess.
    '09 Suzuki Bandit 1250 SEA

Quote Originally Posted by S500K View Post
    AHHH, stop posting the demo ride, more people to take the bikes I want to test out Hoping for good weather, see ya'll there
    There was a slight error with the bike listings just so you know.

Proper listing includes:
    GSX-R 600
    GSX-R 750
    GSX-R 1000
    GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa
    GSX 650F
    GSX 1250
    TU 250X
    Gladius SFV 650
    SV 650S
    Burgman 650 Executive
    DR-Z400SM
    V-Storm 650
    V-Storm 1000
    Boulevard M109R
    Boulevard C50T
    Boulevard M50

I have purchased a part from Brampton Powersports about 2 weeks ago.

Wasn't impressed with the wait time at the parts counter, considering the line-up existed of 2 people and there were 4 people behind the counter, some of them looking not interested and avoiding eye contact. The guy I dealt with was actually pleasant and helpful although a bit confused but he did say he's not used to the system and a different set-up just yet.

BTW, nobody ever picks up the phone. I must've called about 5 times and not once have I talked to someone. Hopefully that has changed.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

I went in there on Saturday. The place is pretty huge, though it's slightly geographically separated from the rest of the auto-mall and as far as I remember I did not see any signage pointing towards it, so I don't think curious folks who are originally shopping for a car will probably not stop by, though I don't know if that's how you grab customers in the first place.

That Vstrom 650 was marked down to about 7k. It'd be nice to grab, though all my money's tied up at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by GHarvey View Post
    My name is Geoff Harvey and I do Internet Marketing for the Brampton Auto Mall including Brampton PowerSports. The reason why we are on this forum is to see what the public has to say so we can improve ourselves. I just wanted to let you know that we now have our gear section up with lots to choose from. I personally don't know if the items are overpriced because I am still getting familiar with bike knowledge but we are doing our best to put together an accessories page so you can view what we have online.

As for pricing on bikes, we recently have gone through pricing readjustments to be much more competitive and do our best at providing the best price. For instance I know for a fact we just dropped the majority of our Suzuki models down in price especially the GSX-R line up. For example the 2011 GSX-R 600 is going for $9,999 now which is a pretty good deal as far as I know.
    uuhmm..... yeah I was quoted $13,500 in April so I ended up getting the 2010 instead.
    GSX-R600 2010
    Hayabusa 2009

We would like to thank everyone for their feedback for our first couple of months in operation. We apologize for the slow responses you have been receiving from us with regards to parts and service and are increasing our staffing levels to make sure we are better able to serve everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
    I bought my bike at Brampton powersports. They were really good and shipped the bike to me for free. Ask for Shawn, he's the best and personally delivered my bike. My only beef is that the parts department never picks up the phone and takes forever to call you back.
    +1 on both comments!
    09 Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    84 Yamaha XJ750 (sold)
    84 Honda VT750(sold)
    01 Suzuki Marauder 250 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
    My only beef is that the parts department never picks up the phone and never calls you back.
    fixed it for you...
    That's 100% right. Their excuse is that they are too busy, but there are twice as many employees in the shop than customers...???
    the girl (Olivia) who answers the phone is of no help at all, and the general manager is never there... go figure...
    the parts department are not only too lazy to answer the phone, they are also incompetent to the extreme: they ordered the wrong battery for my bike after arguing with me that my original battery from the factory was the wrong battery from the beginning. Got a quote for a Brake light switch for $110.00. Boy oh boy...
    It is easy to see that this shop has Labour conflicts, they look all very unhappy, overworked and unwilling.
    I had it!

PS: GHarvey, instead of browsing the internet, check your shop and answer the phone...this would be great.
    Last edited by polaris; 07-12-2011 at 03:21 PM.

i have to agree with polaris. I know it just open recently but the parts department moves in slow motion.

Is Mark in charge of the shop there? If not, he should be!
    Look, lean, believe!

In an effort to better serve the needs of our customers, we have increased the hours of operation of the parts department from 6pm to 9pm Mon - Thur while Fri and Sat are 9am - 6pm. We are striving to improve upon our customer satisfaction, and thus are offering a 15% off accessories coupon and can be found on www.BramptonPowerSports.com under the part specials to print off. We have just added an accessories page to our .COM site so you can see what kind of gear and brands we carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 954RR View Post
    Is Mark in charge of the shop there? If not, he should be!
    Mark is a lead tech there and has A Lot of responsibility and does an excellent job agreed.

Not only do they have seriously bad service there, but their prices for service are absolutely insane. I got quoted just under $250 plus tax for an oil change and coolant flush

Sad to hear. As I understand it Rob Couto is the GM there. He used to be GM of SOB when it was good. Hopefully they can sort out the issues. I was hoping to get my next bike there...
    '09 Suzuki Bandit 1250 SEA

Quote Originally Posted by SunRider View Post
    Sad to hear. As I understand it Rob Couto is the GM there. He used to be GM of SOB when it was good. Hopefully they can sort out the issues. I was hoping to get my next bike there...
    A GM who is not present is of no use at all...

Get your next bike there...? RUN !!!!!!!

GHarvey: see you increased the hours for the farts department. This however is not the issue...
    when will you guys get it?
    Last edited by polaris; 07-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    A GM who is not present is of no use at all...

Get your next bike there...? RUN !!!!!!!

GHarvey: see you increased the hours for the farts department. This however is not the issue...
    when will you guys get it?
    Well seeing how this guy just joined with three posts, we had better listen to him.

My experience was ok. I went in to get an oil filter. The parts dude didn't have any, but while he was helping me the phone started ringing. My 8 year old son said to me," shouldn't someone answer the phone?". I said to him, "well he's helping me because I took the time out of my day to come down here, instead of sitting at home and just calling in." The parts dude looked at him and said, "Your dad's got it right. People that come here take precedence over someone calling in."

Now I know some will say that he's got it backwards, because since I'm already there, I'm not likely to leave. However, I think the only thing he did wrong was to ignore the phone. Personally I really think he should have answered it and told the guy to wait because he was with a customer. The only problem with that is how about the guy behind that also took time out of his day to come down.

I'm not saying the parts guy is in the wrong or right, because the lack of people to answer the phone would really be a management issue and that I am sure will be resolved in the future. I'll probably be back, but until the gear and such is better than Royal, I will still drive to Guelph for that kind of thing.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    Well seeing how this guy just joined with three posts, we had better listen to him.

My experience was ok. I went in to get an oil filter. The parts dude didn't have any, but while he was helping me the phone started ringing. My 8 year old son said to me," shouldn't someone answer the phone?". I said to him, "well he's helping me because I took the time out of my day to come down here, instead of sitting at home and just calling in." The parts dude looked at him and said, "Your dad's got it right. People that come here take precedence over someone calling in."

Now I know some will say that he's got it backwards, because since I'm already there, I'm not likely to leave. However, I think the only thing he did wrong was to ignore the phone. Personally I really think he should have answered it and told the guy to wait because he was with a customer. The only problem with that is how about the guy behind that also took time out of his day to come down.

I'm not saying the parts guy is in the wrong or right, because the lack of people to answer the phone would really be a management issue and that I am sure will be resolved in the future. I'll probably be back, but until the gear and such is better than Royal, I will still drive to Guelph for that kind of thing.

Now this will make you an EXPERT, right?
    because you have 500 posts... WOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

you go on to say that they don't answer the phone...
    then you realize that they don't even have an oil filter in stock...

So Mr. EXPERT, what did you do? did you order your oil filter and come back periodically to check if it came in? or did you try to call?

Would be great to hear your EXPERT opinion on this.

They don't answer the phone and they don't have any stock.
    I ordered the right battery for my bike online and it is half the price for the exact same thing.
    What do you say to that Mr. Expert?
    Last edited by polaris; 07-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Now this will make you an EXPERT, right?
    because you have 500 posts... WOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

you go on to say that they don't answer the phone...
    then you realize that they don't even have an oil filter in stock...

So Mr. EXPERT, what did you do? did you order your oil filter and come back periodically to check if it came in? or did you try to call?

Would be great to hear your EXPERT opinion on this.

They don't answer the phone and they don't have any stock.
    I ordered the right battery for my bike online and it is half the price for the exact same thing.
    What do you say to that Mr. Expert?
    You just keep right on buying everything online. When all of the brick and mortar shops are gone, then you can buy your bike online too.

I, for one, welcome a new multi-line dealer in the west end. They may not have support for my bike but, knowing some of the people who work there from previous experience at other shops, this is going to turn out to be a class "A" business.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde