Brampton Powersports - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brampton Powersports

Re: Brampton Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Hear, hear,... that's exactly what I am talking about!

Ha Ha, very funny
    Neither of the two shops mentioned, in the post that you're responding to, is immune to the sort of thing being discussed here. I've known Dave G. for 20 years and have generally given him first crack at supplying me with a product, prior to going to another dealer or the internet. Lately I've found that anything I want needs to be ordered. I couldn't even get a set of KTM bar end weights off his shelf. That's not a comment on Dave, nor his staff, but rather on the state of the industry. Stock is dead money.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Neither of the two shops mentioned, in the post that you're responding to, is immune to the sort of thing being discussed here. I've known Dave G. for 20 years and have generally given him first crack at supplying me with a product, prior to going to another dealer or the internet. Lately I've found that anything I want needs to be ordered. I couldn't even get a set of KTM bar end weights off his shelf. That's not a comment on Dave, nor his staff, but rather on the state of the industry. Stock is dead money.
    You have a point here...

However Brampton power sports has some serious problems, and it doesn't look like they are neither acknowledging nor addressing their issues.
    It is not like they started all from scratch; they combined the Suzuki and Honda motorcycle departments from the previous company, that's all.
    Believe me I would love to see them succeed, so far however, all what I got from them is the absolute lousiest service imaginable.
    I was a customer at their Suzuki dealership before and things were much much better there.

You have a point here...

However Brampton power sports has some serious problems, and it doesn't look like they are neither acknowledging nor addressing their issues.
    It is not like they started all from scratch; they combined the Suzuki and Honda motorcycle departments from the previous company, that's all.
    Believe me I would love to see them succeed, so far however, all what I got from them is the absolute lousiest service imaginable.
    I was a customer at their Suzuki dealership before and things were much much better there.
    One of the biggest issues, that they're dealing with, may very well be because of something that you mentioned; that they just combined several dealerships. They may well still be digging out from under an avalanche of product, that was just skid-loaded over to them. I'd hate to be in the position of trying to sort out what is what, after something like that. They may even have those filters, somewhere, buried under a pile of tires.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    One of the biggest issues, that they're dealing with, may very well be because of something that you mentioned; that they just combined several dealerships. They may well still be digging out from under an avalanche of product, that was just skid-loaded over to them. I'd hate to be in the position of trying to sort out what is what, after something like that. They may even have those filters, somewhere, buried under a pile of tires.
    And I hate to dissagree with you again...

next time you visit them, check out the back, it's empty, nothing, nada...

They don't deserve that you defend them all the time.

Let them get up from their *****, stop making excuses and fix the problems.

If things are the same, in another couple of months, then I'll be very disappointed.

What are you even talking about when your referring to "the back" I guess you havent been into the showroom in along time because the apparel and accessories section is set up at "the back" of the store and its FAR from "empty". Second, I took a walk through the service section in "the back" and even walked around the warehouse (looking for watercraft). There were about three or four service techs when I went back and they were all working on an anchored bike each. I also noticed rows of bikes that were lined up for future service, at least 20 I saw kicking around, and might I add there were some nice looking CBRs and other customer bikes that made me stop and admire them. I continued on my way into "the back" of the warehouse and was baffled by how many bikes they had in stock, they have rows of bikes in boxes stacked on top of each other. It was the first time I had walked back there but couldn't believe how many bikes there were. They have more bikes than the showroom can hold. So can you please clarify what "the back" means to you.

This video links to the Apparel and Accessories video on Brampton PowerSports YouTube page showing the back of the store.
    Last edited by GHarvey; 08-12-2011 at 01:43 PM.

I stopped by last week to get an oil filter and crush washer for my SV. No problem. Parts guy pulled them off the shelf behind the counter, and I left a happy customer.

It makes sense to stock consumables. It does not make sense to stock parts that hardly anyone buys because, as already mentioned, it's dead money. I also called to speak with someone in sales about a DL650, got put through to a sales guy, and after a bit of confusion regarding the pricing, things went well.

They may have been stumbling in the beginning, but they seem to be getting their house in order. I'm happy there's a dealer on the West end, and I hope they succeed and stick around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GHarvey View Post
    What are you even talking about when your referring to "the back" I guess you havent been into the showroom in along time because the apparel and accessories section is set up at "the back" of the store and its FAR from "empty". Second, I took a walk through the service section in "the back" and even walked around the warehouse (looking for watercraft). There were about three or four service techs when I went back and they were all working on an anchored bike each. I also noticed rows of bikes that were lined up for future service, at least 20 I saw kicking around, and might I add there were some nice looking CBRs and other customer bikes that made me stop and admire them. I continued on my way into "the back" of the warehouse and was baffled by how many bikes they had in stock, they have rows of bikes in boxes stacked on top of each other. It was the first time I had walked back there but couldn't believe how many bikes there were. They have more bikes than the showroom can hold. So can you please clarify what "the back" means to you.

This video links to the Apparel and Accessories video on Brampton PowerSports YouTube page showing the back of the store.
    the back is the back of the house, there you store your inventory for the most common parts, and there is nothing!
    Why don't you make a video from your inventory parts room?
    Now that would be grand, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by polaris; 08-12-2011 at 07:50 PM.

the back is the back of the house, there you store your inventory for the most common parts, and there is nothing!
    Why don't you make a video from your inventory parts room?
    Now that would be grand, wouldn't it?
    +1

Brampton Powersports carries next to nothing at their store. I'm sorry, but a display of bandanas, a few helmets, a few jackets and two kinds of boots is not well stocked by any means. Go have a look at what GPBikes carries. THAT is well stocked, and worth the drive out to Whitby for.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    +1

Brampton Powersports carries next to nothing at their store. I'm sorry, but a display of bandanas, a few helmets, a few jackets and two kinds of boots is not well stocked by any means. Go have a look at what GPBikes carries. THAT is well stocked, and worth the drive out to Whitby for.
    So quit your bitchin and drive out to Whitby. The rest of us will wait patiently for Brampton Powersports to build itself up. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    So quit your bitchin and drive out to Whitby. The rest of us will wait patiently for Brampton Powersports to build itself up. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    what makes you believe that? have you been there?

People (like you) who defend the undefendable are part of the problem, if not they are the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    The people at Envy Rides used to love that saying. We all know how they ended up
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Well, I sent to the Yamaha Demo ride today and as expected the turnout was nowhere near the turnout for the Suzuki. For a company who require M license for their super sport bikes, it makes no sense to not have the R1 and and some of the bigger bikes at theire demo day. Most people with an M license alread are riding something in around a super sport level bike and are looking to upgrade.

I did have a walk through the store and things seem to be much better than my first few experiences there.
    This could be as a result of the feedback from this and other threads or it could have been just in preparation for the Demo day.

They still dont have a crazy selection of apparels but then again how much money would any company realisticly want to spend on dead stock.
    What I do expect them to have in stock are simple everyday things like filters and oil which is something they even use in their service department even more so when the bike is from 2008 and popular like a GSXR.

I for one will still give them first shot at my business as it does not cost me anything to check there first due to the proximity to my house. In time we will see if the service level of the staff continues to improve and if their prices become more competitive with other stores.

Good luck and I hope to see continued improvements in this shop.

How come all 14 of your posts on this board are in this thread? Looks like you have an agenda.

Good luck

what makes you believe that? have you been there?

People (like you) who defend the undefendable are part of the problem, if not they are the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    How come all 14 of your posts on this board are in this thread? Looks like you have an agenda.

Good luck
    +1. Was thinking the same thing. Maybe polaris is a former employee that didn't get brought over to the new shop? Sign-up timing seems about right.

I rest my case...

Now, just look at your message, and it should be very easy (even for mentally challenged folks like you) to see who the Idiot is.
    You're right, I'm wrong.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

No problem...

You are very welcome...
    you got owned and the funny thing is you think you're the smart one....hahahaha

Well, I wasn't interested in an R1 (Sorry Tyson). So getting there 15 minutes before registration, and being 15th in line meant I got on the FZ6R in reasonable time. I got to compare it to the suzuki GSX-650F from the previous demo, and found only one minor complaint, but overall a nice sport tourer.

Got back from that ride, signed up for the R6, had some lunch, and then found out how much different a sport bike is. Seems like it would be tons of fun power wise, but you really do have to make love to the tank and support yourself so your not putting weight on your wrists. The position and angle of the handle bars just make it painful fast with any pressure.

Got back from that, and noticed no one was taking the VSTAR's for a ride, so I signed up and jumped right back onto the 950. Rather awkward at first, but then it was like riding a vibrating massage chair (the good kinds), and had some decent pull once you dropped into 2nd. I'll admit I had a grin on my face half the time. I just like leaning over in tight turns too much for a cruiser.

My own bike felt very foreign and felt like a heavy steel sled afterwards. Good fun day though. Small world too, ran into the girl who got her cbr-250 total'd. Sadly she did not have her M to ride the R6.

End thread/
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!