21 y/o with clean record M2: $8600/year insurance on R6 with JEVCO?! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 21 y/o with clean record M2: $8600/year insurance on R6 with JEVCO?!

Quote Originally Posted by DMR88 View Post
    I'm 22 with a clean record with a 2010 GSXR600 I'm paying $250/month liability/theft/fire
    Can I come look at your money tree? I thought they didn't exist!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Re: 21 y/o with clean record M2: $8600/year insurance on R6 with JEVCO?!

When I had first received my M2 I was calling around for quotes for a 2008 Kawasaki ninja zx6r and the absolute lowest quote I received was from Statefarm for $3,500.00. I’m a 23 year old female with a G licence and no speeding tickets (one cellphone ticket, which statefarm said they would “overlook” anyway) I personally, cannot afford nor justify paying $291.67/month, hence why I’m with my ninja 250. I’ve have to wait until I get my M and until I’m 25 then I will consider a 600.

Can people who are giving quotes for less than 2-3K/year give details regarding who the policy is with and the year of their bike?

I'm in the same age group as these guys here, and according to the flowchart Viffer has for us, SF should be the cheapest and they are quoting me at 4k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    how come when I call statefarm they tell me they only insure people with 6 years of licensed experience but when I read the forums I see people getting quotes and policies with 5 years of experience?
    Their way of saying **** off? No idea, my agent tells me 5 years.

I pay 700ish fully comp for a year for my 750....but then again...I'm not under 25 nor do I ride a supersport. You do not have to "pay to play"....however, you do have to pay if you're a risk. Lower the risk to the insurance companies (lower the cc's or get older) and you'll be fine.