Milton Thursdays Ride - Esso @ 640 Martin St 18:00

Thread: Milton Thursdays Ride - Esso @ 640 Martin St 18:00

Milton Thursdays Ride - Esso @ 640 Martin St 18:00

Last edited by The Last Boyscout; 04-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Re: Milton Thursdays Ride - Esso @ 640 Martin St 18:00

With the time format posted, do the riders need to belong to the military too?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
    Weekly ride for Milton and area sport-ish riders - 18:00-20:00.

Meeting place: Esso at 640 Martin, just south of 401
    (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.026114&z=16)

Meet at 17:30
    Leave 18:00 sharp
    Back at the same place by 20:00-ish

No racing, stunting, or posing - just a nice, spirited, SAFE ride. If you start hurting after an hour on the bike, this ride is not for you. Ultimatelly, this ride should cover up to the borders of the map below, so there will be few (if any) Timmies, Starbuckses and such along the way. We will not race, but will not smell the roses, either. Some hwy may be included in the future, depending on the established group pace. Let's meet and see what we have. Here is the map: highlighted circle is what would be the general riding area.
    Attachment 24253
    The idea is to meet at 17:30, have a chat, gas up, do the restroom, and leave at 18:00 sharp. Be back by 20:00-ish. Social engagements, food, drinks, etc may take place at this point, according your personal preference, but are not the "official" part of the ride.

First ride: Thursday, April 21, 2011 - weather permitting.
    This will be an initial meet up and a short(er) test ride, to see what we can come up with. After that, we'll be updating here on Wednesdays.

Post here if interested or have general questions. For any particulars, contacts and details use PM.

BTW, I'm a 52yo male - going on 25 - on a sport-ish ride (Honda VTR1000F). Don't care about your age, gender and/or your ride, as long as you are mature when riding.
    I will definitely try and make it to some of your rides...definitely not this Thursday.

Went out briefly today and it was cold! I'm a whimp when it comes to the chili weather...

By the way try and make the meet on Saturday, April 30th @ Derry and Bronte (by the hospital) and not Derry and 25.

We're planning to meet at 10am.

Sounds awesome. A Mississauga ride regularly rides on Thursdays too - also sometimes by a vtr!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    With the time format posted, do the riders need to belong to the military too?
    Lol, as far from military as it gets - with utmost respect. Don't know why I used that format. Never use it regularly. I guess, unconsciously, I wanted to give it some "structure", not going for a "casual: ride...

Quote Originally Posted by darazcal View Post
    I will definitely try and make it to some of your rides...definitely not this Thursday.

Went out briefly today and it was cold! I'm a whimp when it comes to the chili weather...

By the way try and make the meet on Saturday, April 30th @ Derry and Bronte (by the hospital) and not Derry and 25.

We're planning to meet at 10am.
    Hey darazcal, you are most welcome. I will possibly join some of your weekend rides, but right now weekends don't work for me. I don't like cold too, but this winter has been too long and I am becoming impatient. Ideally, I'm looking for 12'C+, but right now I would settle for 8-10'C, if the road is dry.
    Last edited by dannyz; 04-18-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    Sounds awesome. A Mississauga ride regularly rides on Thursdays too - also sometimes by a vtr!
    Hey vrus, I'm aware of the Mississauga Thursday ride. I think when they say "spirited" it's not the same "spirited" as this ride should be.
    Last edited by dannyz; 04-18-2011 at 09:05 PM.

sounds like i'll be meeting you guys sometime soon !

i may be in
    Last edited by Recce; 04-19-2011 at 05:48 PM.

As promised, Wednesday update:
    Weather is not cooperating, but the ride tomorrow -APRIL 21 6:00pm - is on. It's supposed to be 7'C, with 10%pp and 25km wind - huh. Will see how that goes.

BTW, would 7:00pm work better for you folks that commute to work further away? Feedback welcome.

Danny

tomorrow's supposed to be a sweet day for a ride!!

is this happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    is this happening ?
    This thread did not generate any interest, so I merged it to the main "Milton Riders" thread here: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-Milton-Riders