Big Mouth!!!!!!!!

Thread: Big Mouth!!!!!!!!

Big Mouth!!!!!!!!

So i have been reading up on the Cabot trail ride and in a conversation at Dinner, i casually asked San if she will ride the trail with me this year. Thats a brilliant idea Don!! Mum jumped in...May i tag along as well? Ermmmm..Sure..Sure i stuttered, It will be great.
    The room lit up with excitement as everybody were talking about possibilities and sure enough, Yes you guessed it. Mum jumps in with "Oh lets let Don organize that. Thats what Lawyers do " I swallowed hard at my vegie with that racket from Bethoven's 5th symphony going off in my head. That moment of panic when you think "Dear Lord, What have i taken on? So i need help in making all these info help me please!!

Two weeks available. Need to do the Cabot Trail via Lake Placid and ending up in Newfoundland.Not sure where to use as camp to explore the island so open to ideas. I was thinking of a cottage as there will be 5 family members = 4 Adults and a 2 yr old. They will be travelling by car and i on the bike with San. We were also thinking of camping the way through getting there. Any ideas for campsites? Food, Must see?

We intend to start this last week of July.

Please help make me look good..Many thanks!!!!!

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Big Mouth!!!!!!!!

43 Hours just to get to St John's via Lake Placid according to Google. I've been told it takes 2-3 weeks just to properly do Newfoundland.
    When we went we went to Quebec City, saw a riot there, then up through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia then to PEI, saw the bridge being built and the Bluenose in Lunnenburg NS. We needed to stay for two days on the Cabot Trail as the first day was really foggy, we stayed at the Eagle's Nest I believe. Went to Brier Island and did some whale watching. Saw the tides in the Bay of Fundy. Saw a Tattoo in Halifax NS.

I take it you are in Burlington On and not Burlington Vt?

Last edited by lucky2; 02-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.

My confidence grows by the day. Thanks a lot guys. Looking much more better already.

two weeks is a quite a push especially if you want to include NFLD - takes 2 days of your time just on the boat crossing and a good two day ride to St. Johns. Need at least one party night on George St.

Yes did think of available time. Will have to make some sacrifices. Be a shame not to be able to do NFLD having come thus far.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Your big problem will be deciding what to exclude with only two weeks.

Thanks Baggsy. Thinking we will very well to have an easy 2 weeks in Nova Scotia. Up to the trails from Burlington will take 3 days at a push. Need some time to take in location etc.