$100 dollar difference for the SIDI Street Burner Boot

Thread: $100 dollar difference for the SIDI Street Burner Boot

$100 dollar difference for the SIDI Street Burner Boot

Why is it that Canadians have to pay $100 more for the SIDI street Burner Boots.
    They are priced at $350 in Canada and $250 in the US. It can't be currency, we're over a buck.

Re: $100 dollar difference for the SIDI Street Burner Boot

Quote Originally Posted by sirio View Post
    Why is it that Canadians have to pay $100 more for the SIDI street Burner Boots.
    They are priced at $350 in Canada and $250 in the US. It can't be currency, we're over a buck.
    Then buy online from usa

Because the Canadian market will sell 50 sets of these per season.

The American market will sell 5000

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

I guess so at the present price gap.

I guess so at the present price gap.
    that has nothing to do with it.

Its vendor buying power.

the US has many HUGE online/retail vendors that will buy 1000 pair, there are large shops that will buy 100+ pair.

when a single vendor buys volume up front than an entire country combined, they'll get better pricing based on the volume.

They have 10X our population, and more than 10X as many motorcyclists.

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

Because Canadian retailers think we are too lazy and stupid to buy from USA.
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

What r u talking about? They are $100 in Canada - http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ274805523, come only in one size though

Its vendor buying power.

the US has many HUGE online/retail vendors that will buy 1000 pair, there are large shops that will buy 100+ pair.

when a single vendor buys volume up front than an entire country combined, they'll get better pricing based on the volume.

Wait a minute. Do retailers in Canada get a deal that's worse than what US shoppers get? If Canadian retailers bought their products from US retailers, at retail price without any volume discount, they would have to have a markup of 40% to reach 350 from 250. I call bull.

Also while on the subject of bitching here is mine. I went to four stores, from Ajax to Hamilton to find myself at least one of the three Alpinestars Air-Flo models,Teknic Aquavent, or Joe Rocket alter ego in tall size. None of them had any in stock. They offered to order it if I paid for it before trying it on. WTF, why would I pay $100 extra if I can't even try it on. Thanks, but no thanks, il stick with ordering from the US where at least I can chat with a knowledgeable sales agent.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Wait a minute. Do retailers in Canada get a deal that's worse than what US shoppers get? If Canadian retailers bought their products from US retailers, at retail price without any volume discount, they would have to have a markup of 40% to reach 350 from 250. I call bull.

The problem is, they're not allowed to do that, the manufacturers forbid it.

Its no different than buying a new bike in the US, you have to jump through hoops to make it happen and many times, the dealer will just outright refuse.

The problem is, they're not allowed to do that, the manufacturers forbid it.

Its no different than buying a new bike in the US, you have to jump through hoops to make it happen and many times, the dealer will just outright refuse.
    I guess we'll have to do more price comparisons(not just locally) when shopping for gear, alpinestars for example have equalized their prices between US and Canada, look at the SMX 2, no point buying it from the US.

Its vendor buying power.

I guess we'll have to do more price comparisons(not just locally) when shopping for gear, alpinestars for example have equalized their prices between US and Canada, look at the SMX 2, no point buying it from the US.
    Not just Astars, but it appears Dainese too. A local Dainese dealer sells stuff at US prices (sometimes even cheaper than US prices), and no doubt he is still making a good profit.

I still think us Canadians overall get the shaft. Whether Sidi/Astars/Dainese ships 10,000 boots/gloves/jackets to US, or 1,000 to Canada, it still costs them the same to manufacturer, so their profit would be the same. We all know that this stuff is grossly grossly overpriced anyways. Ok, perhaps slight differences in shipping prices, customs, etc. But $100 dollar difference? whatever.
    Last edited by SunnY S; 04-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Yeah, and I bet half of those 5000 are bought by Canadians.