Borrow Gear?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borrow Gear?

Borrow Gear?

Hi

I have a course with learning curves this weekend for my M2, wondering if anyone else is going to this out in the beaches?

Also wondering if anyone has a pair of boots I might borrow or rent for the weekend, dont want to be in a rush to just grab anything right now, my foot size is 8.5-9 womens, otherwise I would need a guys boots that has very small feet. Also wondering if anyone has any rain gear?

Thanks

Jenn

Re: Borrow Gear?

Oh dear, I don't envy you doing your course in the rain. Good luck!
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

I dont envy me either , I am already nervous enough but hoping to make the best of it

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

I'll check the gear closet tonight.

Not bad at all in the rain. It was actually a welcome experience to get some riding in the rain on the second day of RTI. Although, I was soaked, which sucked. Would look into a dollar shop poncho at worst cause u don't want to be wet and cold

My spare gear would be big for you

I think doing the course in the rain is a good thing. Yes its going to be wet, but you will be much more comfortable the first time you get stuck out in a storm.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

I don't know what size you are but I'm pretty sure I have a brand new woman's riding rain pants. Not mine lol. If they are not new then maybe worn once. I'll double check if I still have them. If I do and they are your size you can have them for the price of...... hmmmmmm free!! lol.

Did my course in the rain. Turned out fine. Youll find yourself sitting a fair bit with a hot engine between your legs keeps you warm... insert joke. Just make sure you have some rain gear to stay dry and have fine. I also don't worry about riding in the rain now.
    Look in the tunk, I think he means trunk.

I have some men's size 7 low cut boots and some lined pants & mesh jacket. Pants are men's XS and jacket is women's medium. Where is the course being held on Sat and when does it start?

i did my m2 course in the rain. heavy rain. i didn't have any rain gear, so i just wore a waterproof windbreaker on top of my gear and brought spare jeans.

have fun though. riding in the rain (also riding for the first time for me ) was super fun.

My course starts Sat at the Beaches 1141 Eastern Avenue 8:30 am, I did find some stuff that should work, however if pants are up for grabs as a borrow or free let me know, I would prefer to have pants vs jeans if possible!

Thanks

Jenn

Jenn,

As it is going to be cool and windy as well as rainy, can I suggest you find some kind of waterproof glove, that you bring shopping bags to put in your boots in case they soak through (and spare socks) wear a neck muffler of some kind, and also see if you can find some handwarmers still for sale someplace. I sound like an old Grandma maybe but the difference between enjoying your course tomorrow or not may be the just the addition of a little heat, and having taken a few precautions.

All the fellas above that took their course in the rain didn't do it in three or four degrees, I'll wager. My wife did her RTI in conditions not unlike tomorrow's expected conditions and the participants (and the bikes) were dropping left and right. You won't feel bad about being more prepared than it turns out you need to be, but you'll kick yourself if you're underprepared.

All that having been said, properly prepared you'll have a blast. Once again good luck.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

Hey Jenn,

So I found the rain pants. I thought they were women's pants but they are actually men's pants lol. I opened them up and they don't look that big at all. They are actually Coleman's rain pants that pack nice into a bag that are built into the front pocket of the pants.This is a nice feature cause you could store them in your bike compartment. The bottoms of the pant leg zips open so you would be able to throw them over any bike boots. Also you would want to wear something under them cause they are non-insulated, they are just wind/water proof. If you still want them they are free of charge.

Let me know if you want them and we can arrange for me to give you them.
    Last edited by NOcageRus; 04-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Banned

Hay Jenn,

Best of luck. I'm sure you will do just fine. Be sure to let us know how it all turns out, and i'd be glad to buy you a coffee next thurs at Timmies...

D

Thanks for all the advice, I have work boots but I will bring bags (forgot about that), the instructors told me to bring rubber gloves to put under bike gloves in case water goes through, I am layering the crud out of myself, as I tend to get cold quickly, I have jeans and will figure out some type of rain wear to wear overtop and bring lots of extra clothes...I will be sure to post how I do (I better pass LOL)....

I will take the pants I think they might work really well for me!! Thank you again!

Is thurs night at Tims a normal meet up??? Or are you leghumping hahah?

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Hay Jenn,

Best of luck. I'm sure you will do just fine. Be sure to let us know how it all turns out, and i'd be glad to buy you a coffee next thurs at Timmies...

D

have fun!

for me, i need helmet for the weekend that i'll be taking the course (at RTI) haha (most crucial item which i'm missing! haha)

where did you get your helmet?

Banned

LOL. BOTH?!?!?!

thursdays at the Lakeshore/Leslie timmies is a weekly thing. Yea.

d

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiGal View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, I have work boots but I will bring bags (forgot about that), the instructors told me to bring rubber gloves to put under bike gloves in case water goes through, I am layering the crud out of myself, as I tend to get cold quickly, I have jeans and will figure out some type of rain wear to wear overtop and bring lots of extra clothes...I will be sure to post how I do (I better pass LOL)....

I will take the pants I think they might work really well for me!! Thank you again!

Is thurs night at Tims a normal meet up??? Or are you leghumping hahah?

Jenn

garbage bags make good rain vests for the speeds you will be riding
    "I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." FZ

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

KELOWNA 09 'The big wet one..'

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiGal View Post
    My course starts Sat at the Beaches 1141 Eastern Avenue 8:30 am, I did find some stuff that should work, however if pants are up for grabs as a borrow or free let me know, I would prefer to have pants vs jeans if possible!

Thanks

Jenn
    I'll grab the stuff and get over there before 8. You can keep it as it's too small for the kids anymore.

When I did my course it rain for a half the Sunday.. I still had an awesome time enjoy the course!
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold