Rosey Toes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosey Toes

Thumbs up Rosey Toes

Dropped off my Triumph on Saturday with a dead starter. Looked up parts on Bike Bandit etc. Was expecting 500-600 in parts + unknown labour.

Ted called yesterday, bike was fixed less than $350. He rebuilt the starter and told me I had a beautiful bike.

After a few safeties there and watching him talk to new riders and this fantastic experience I would recommend Ted over and over again.

Re: Rosey Toes

Yeah, he's definitely old-school and looks for ways to save you money.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

He's been around for a long time. I went to him on three occasions for three different things more than ten years ago. He's still around at the same location that says something I guess.

This place was amazing. I read alot about him so for my first visit to a motorcycle mechanic I chose Rosey toes.

It was overall an amazing experience and I havent laughed that hard in a while

Its not like other mechanics who tell you to wait in the waiting room and give your bike back after theyr done. going to Rosey Toes was almost like a DIY tutorial. He taught me how to do the things he was doing, and always tried to save me money

I love this place, and see myself coming back for years and years to come!

great place ,was there yesterday getting my bike ready 4 the season ,fair price and a fun time .not to many places like rosey toes out there any more !

Was there this past Thursday, walked in with a wheel and tire to mount. A guy there (not Ted) stopped what he was doing, took them from me, and started unmounting the old tire.

By the time I returned from my car with the other wheel and tire, Ted was there checking all the bearings.

After a quick chat about tire pressures and wheel balancing....15 minutes and $30 I got both my tires mounted and balanced.

Gotta love Rosey Toes.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Looking forward to meeting Ted .I have heard great things about his shop .I`m need a set of Avons installed .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Was there this past saturday with a buddy to get his tires changed out. Ted was busy on another bike but the guy who did the tires was super friendly and efficient. Buddy was impressed and said " dont see many shops like that any more"

I make sure to tip the folks at rosey toes, excellent service deserves coffee money.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

Got my tires changed at Rosey Toes last August. I read a lot of good things on this site about his shop, so I thought I give him a try.
    On my front rim there is 2 nice scratches and on the rear rim there is 2 matching scratches and a extra one to boot.
    Horrible expereince. I wont go back to get my tires changed there ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy09 View Post
    Got my tires changed at Rosey Toes last August. I read a lot of good things on this site about his shop, so I thought I give him a try.
    On my front rim there is 2 nice scratches and on the rear rim there is 2 matching scratches and a extra one to boot.
    Horrible expereince. I wont go back to get my tires changed there ever again.
    I've always read, and been told, not to go there if you have rims in excellent/immaculate condition.

I didn't even wash my rims before I took them to Ted's and they came back dirtier. I don't mind for the speed and price of the service.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

I go to rosey toes at least once a year, mostly for tires changes and safety certification. Excellent speedy service at reasonable cost!

Rosey Toes rocks!!!

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Honestly, if I could find a shop that you could count on to not scratch the wheels, I'd be a customer for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    Rosey Toes rocks!!!
    You bring your bike there all the way from Hamilton? You must really like Ted's service, or have a crush on him.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

he's a nice guy.
    if you're looking for parts for old bikes,he's happy to find it for you at a cheapest price.
    1983 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1984 CB750SC Nighthawk
    1985 GoldWing

i have a crush on nyx13

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    i have a crush on nyx13
    Who doesn't?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

she is one hot fast rider and a great looker

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know of a good car mechanic like Rosey Toes?