Eglington rider chased by PO PO - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eglington rider chased by PO PO

Re: Eglington rider chased by PO PO

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    I can't believe people still respond to turbosadist. The guy is a troll and in this thread exposed himself as a violent sadist.
    +1.

Simply add him to your ignore list, and you're good!

..now then, lets get back on topic

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I wouldn't stop for anything short of a fully lit cruiser either. Too many news stories about crazies pretending to be cops with trunks full of weapons or car/bike jacking people. Hell, someone was carjacked for their 944 (same car I have) by someone pretending to be a cop about 15 minutes from my place the other week. Not that I would dangerously run either, just not stop. If I were in my car I'd call the cops to verify it was actually one of them.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Such a righteous world we live in.

Doesn't matter what level of danger someone is subjecting to themselves and others around them....it's not fair if cops endanger them in trying to make them stop.

This is the level of intelligence today?

Yes, I know it's a harsh posting, but seriously...this is what we find acceptable now?
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

Last edited by lucky2; 02-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    Oh, and aren't you just...

Doesn't matter what level of danger someone is subjecting to themselves and others around them....it's not fair if cops endanger them in trying to make them stop.
    So the right answer is to escalate the situation dramatically, likely resulting in the death of at least one person?

That's what I want to know.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Yes, I know it's a harsh posting, but seriously...this is what we find acceptable now?
    Answer me this. When a cop does something illegal... how many times have you heard of him/her getting the **** kicked out of them, or tasered or or or anything that cops regularly do to other people.

Now when a dude is drunk at school you need 6 cops to knee the **** out of him while he is on the ground not resisting, or 3 or 4 cops to taser a guy to death in an airport. Give me a ****in break. When I start hearing about cops getting the same treatment that the average person does please let me know. And I am not talking about suspension WITH PAY.

So lets start shooting at everybody who breaks any law...correct?? Lets respond to stupidity with an even bigger dose of stupidity. And you want to discuss others level of intelligence?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Oh, and aren't you just...

So the right answer is to escalate the situation dramatically, likely resulting in the death of at least one person?

That's what I want to know.
    The right answer is to not advocate these things. And no, I dont' agree with police chases either, and I don't agree with endangering society in general....but given the direction of the thread, and how defensive people are getting for the rider, I just am providing a bit of food for thought, in that we're finding support for the lawbreaker vs should he/she be caught and punished.

So lets start shooting at everybody who breaks any law...correct?? Lets respond to stupidity with an even bigger dose of stupidity. And you want to discuss others level of intelligence?
    no no...clarity above. I'm pointing out the vantage points ppl are taking here...

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Answer me this. When a cop does something illegal... how many times have you heard of him/her getting the **** kicked out of them, or tasered or or or anything that cops regularly do to other people.
    Now when a dude is drunk at school you need 6 cops to knee the **** out of him while he is on the ground not resisting, or 3 or 4 cops to taser a guy to death in an airport. Give me a ****in break. When I start hearing about cops getting the same treatment that the average person does please let me know. And I am not talking about suspension WITH PAY.
    Not supportive of ******* cops either. I AM supportive of police in general. Half the **** they put up with is uncalled for by joe public and are often times antagonistic where none is required. But ppl feel to be rebels and give cops a hard time cuz they know they can simply raise a stink later and have the cop's badge on a plate given the right circumstances.

I am not excusing cops for inappropriate actions.

Point of my thread is that ppl are failing to see the fact that something serious is being enacted that CAN and likely WILL hurt someone in a very critical way.
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

The right answer is to not advocate these things. And no, I dont' agree with police chases either, and I don't agree with endangering society in general....but given the direction of the thread, and how defensive people are getting for the rider, I just am providing a bit of food for thought, in that we're finding support for the lawbreaker vs should he/she be caught and punished.

no no...clarity above. I'm pointing out the vantage points ppl are taking here...

Not supportive of ******* cops either. I AM supportive of police in general. Half the **** they put up with is uncalled for by joe public and are often times antagonistic where none is required. But ppl feel to be rebels and give cops a hard time cuz they know they can simply raise a stink later and have the cop's badge on a plate given the right circumstances.

I am not excusing cops for inappropriate actions.

Point of my thread is that ppl are failing to see the fact that something serious is being enacted that CAN and likely WILL hurt someone in a very critical way.
    Maybe you should read the thread again then, because the outrage (which you found unintelligent) was directed at one sadistic poster who advocated attempted murder in stopping a speeding motorcycle.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Maybe you should read the thread again then, because the outrage (which you found unintelligent) was directed at one sadistic poster who advocated attempted murder in stopping a speeding motorcycle.
    I have, and perhaps i"ve jumped the gun a tad...however, my points still stand true....I'm sure you've read many posts here where nonsense has been advocated...
    james
    07 Harley Sportster

This is why I hate cops, they don't just think like turbodish and seat on their moms basement typing away, they actually act on it
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-13-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    This is why I hate cops, they don't just think like turbodish ans seat on their moms basement typing away, they actually act on it
    LMAO. Thanks Paolo. You made me crack up at work and now everyone is looking at me.

Quote Originally Posted by niagara_ridder View Post
    That is what a tinted visor is for isn't it?
    We use a different version of these overseas to get the "attention" of people, especially when we are in vehicles going down the road, and someone gets too close to us. After signaling to back off, this is our next line in defense. And they work really well. I accidentally hit the on trigger with it pointed at my face, even with my tinted glasses on it got me lol. Not a good thing while fumbling around in the back of the vehicle trying to get it out and pointed at someone lol.

As for this argument going on... Seriously, the rider is going to break away and then slow back down to a more managable speed, or right down to legal speeds and play the "who, me?!" game if he is convinced he can't be identified.
    I've got nothing against a cop pulling out behind a bike and trying to stop them, and setting up VISIBLE road blocks. Anything else is just intent to harm, including spike strips. A set of strips laid down on a corner with a bike doing 120 (very easy to do on most corners on the country roads) he will be going down instantly and likely in to a tree, guard rail, and up around here rocks. That just shows an intent to harm. Do it in a populated area, then you suddenly have a 500lb bike absolutely 100% out of control, and no super cop can judge where it will go... But hey, you got your man right?
    I have some pretty disturbing videos of normally calm, intelligent, collective cops doing some really stupid mistakes under the pressure of adrenaline. We're all human, it happens to everyone.
    And, cops are only allowed to pursue up to a certain speed until they have to slow the pace down. Why? SAFETY for the rider, the public and the super hero cops that think a day on the skid pad qualifies them as a professional high speed driver... And Turbo, don't say there isn't a limit on the speed of a chase because I've asked enough cops in different places about it and have heard the same answer over and over. Not saying the cops give up, they just calm it down.

I'm not a runner (well, not since I was on dirt bikes and sleds as a teen) and will never run, and don't think it's ok to do it. Even though, most of us here probably fantasize about it and wonder if we could make an escape, it's just a day dream.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    We use a different version of these overseas to get the "attention" of people, especially when we are in vehicles going down the road, and someone gets too close to us. After signaling to back off, this is our next line in defense. .
    I say if they continue to get close after teh firts warning signal, trow a granade at them, using Turbo's logic, they didn't follow direction, they are criminals so they deserve whatever you trow at them, so why use a wimp little lazer when you can use a granade??
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    I say if they continue to get close after teh firts warning signal, trow a granade at them, using Turbo's logic, they didn't follow direction, they are criminals so they deserve whatever you trow at them, so why use a wimp little lazer when you can use a granade??
    Yep, sounds good to me too since the moment you "cross the line" you're a criminal and deserve to pay the price!
    (sarcasm here for those people that don't get it... you know, haha type of stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    That depends on your speed, doesn't it? Set the belt down around a tight bend where the bike would have to slow anyways. Now the speed is way down. What about the cops setting up a roadblock around a tight bend? Would that also be wrong because the rider might not have enough time to see, react, and stop before slamming into the roadblock cruisers?

The runner is a criminal. The safety of everyone comes above that of the criminal. Screw the runner, they made their choice, let them live with the outcome. If you don't like the potential bad outcomes, do not run when the red lights come on. If you run anyways, you've tacitly made your choice to accept any bad outcome, haven't you?
    I like how you dodged the part about the bike potentially becoming a projectile and hitting/harming an innocent bystander. Usual rhetoric. Carry on.
    Last edited by FullMotoJacket; 04-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

People give up, we are all wrong and Turbo is always right! Same way he is always right about every other topic.

I guess according to Turbo, actions by the police like this one are justified, after all the guy was doing a wheelie on public roads. Warning Graffic content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUneG...has_verified=1

on a funny note

http://www.freefunnyvideo.org/video-...upid-Cops.html
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-13-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Last edited by lucky2; 02-24-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixel View Post
    Too messy. I say they build a special vehicle designed from a garbage truck. Quick release ramp and everything. If you're a masochist, you just compact after they're in. If you really want to piss off the runner, let him run it in, help him out and then crush his bike.

If you refuse to stop it's no longer a speeding ticket and I'm sure in most cases of running there's a lot of weaving and erratic driving. What was a speeding ticket has now become evading, wreckless and whatever else they can pull out of the HTA and CC.
    Good call, we could call it the DMCET (Deadly Murder Cycle Eliminator Truck)

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    We use a different version of these overseas to get the "attention" of people, especially when we are in vehicles going down the road, and someone gets too close to us. After signaling to back off, this is our next line in defense. And they work really well. I accidentally hit the on trigger with it pointed at my face, even with my tinted glasses on it got me lol. Not a good thing while fumbling around in the back of the vehicle trying to get it out and pointed at someone lol.

As for this argument going on... Seriously, the rider is going to break away and then slow back down to a more managable speed, or right down to legal speeds and play the "who, me?!" game if he is convinced he can't be identified.
    I've got nothing against a cop pulling out behind a bike and trying to stop them, and setting up VISIBLE road blocks. Anything else is just intent to harm, including spike strips. A set of strips laid down on a corner with a bike doing 120 (very easy to do on most corners on the country roads) he will be going down instantly and likely in to a tree, guard rail, and up around here rocks. That just shows an intent to harm. Do it in a populated area, then you suddenly have a 500lb bike absolutely 100% out of control, and no super cop can judge where it will go... But hey, you got your man right?
    I have some pretty disturbing videos of normally calm, intelligent, collective cops doing some really stupid mistakes under the pressure of adrenaline. We're all human, it happens to everyone.
    And, cops are only allowed to pursue up to a certain speed until they have to slow the pace down. Why? SAFETY for the rider, the public and the super hero cops that think a day on the skid pad qualifies them as a professional high speed driver... And Turbo, don't say there isn't a limit on the speed of a chase because I've asked enough cops in different places about it and have heard the same answer over and over. Not saying the cops give up, they just calm it down.

I'm not a runner (well, not since I was on dirt bikes and sleds as a teen) and will never run, and don't think it's ok to do it. Even though, most of us here probably fantasize about it and wonder if we could make an escape, it's just a day dream.
    Spike belts do not instantly flatten a tire. They make the tire leak air through the straw like nail that the tire broke off the belt when he rode over it. The rider should know he just ran over the belt, and make his decision then if he wants to continue on his now leaking tire, or just stop and accept that he got caught.