Eglington rider chased by PO PO - Page 2

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eglington rider chased by PO PO

Re: Eglington rider chased by PO PO

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Grow up. This has nothing to do with any of that.

If a rider chooses to endanger themself and others by running, why should anyone care if that endangerment extends to that rider going down after hitting a spike belt laid out to stop them before they do cause harm to others? You make your choices, you reap your reward.
    lol .. they wouldn't drop a spike belt for a CAR unless it was some dangerous fugitive on the loose, not some random case of fleeing and evading.

dropping a spikebelt infront of a motorcycle.. about as legitamate as opening fire on the guy as he drives buy your speed trap, cowboy.
    Last edited by sircastic; 04-14-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Grow up. This has nothing to do with any of that.

If a rider chooses to endanger themself and others by running, why should anyone care if that endangerment extends to that rider going down after hitting a spike belt laid out to stop them before they do cause harm to others? You make your choices, you reap your reward.
    We all make mistakes. You seem to think running should be a death penalty. Most reasonable people would disagree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    We all make mistakes. You seem to think running should be a death penalty. Most reasonable people would disagree.
    Most reasonable people would agree that running on a bike should not get you a free pass just because you might get hurt by any attempt to stop you. Unlike a cop opening fire on you, a spike belt in the city is not a death penalty. You may well get road rash, but you take your chances when you make your choice to run. Screw the runner.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    Maybe the rider was scared as it was a stealth car..... just sayin!
    Quote Originally Posted by optionfa View Post
    After reading that brampton near bikejacking thread there's no way im stopping for any crown vics or impalas, sorry bro but I had to book it.
    Not a good enough reason if his story is true. Bold mine...

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    Yesterday evening going westbound,East of Hurontario.6:15pm
    I was in my cage.
    Rider went flying past me with about 10-15 seconds later Stealth PO PO.
    The rider was,if possible,splitting and accelerating and slowing down to safely pass vehicles.
    Must admit the rider was very controlled,obviousily experienced.

Unfair advantage was the PO PO speeding towards oncoming traffic,lights on.
    I wonder the if the PO PO called it off as they where also driving with further danger to the public.

Footnote, I am not approving or disapproving this kind of behaviour.

Most reasonable people would agree that running on a bike should not get you a free pass just because you might get hurt by any attempt to stop you. Unlike a cop opening fire on you, a spike belt in the city is not a death penalty. You may well get road rash, but you take your chances when you make your choice to run. Screw the runner.
    It doesnt take much speed for a crash on a bike to result in death... vertebra in your neck is not that strong. But your right they should have tried to kill him. Actually they should have ran him down with a swat truck!

The police have to use appropriate and reasonable force. Potentially killing an individual or seriously permanent injury is not acceptable force to issue a speeding ticket. If the guy robbed a bank I may have a different opinion. Further what if they did use a spike strip and the bike slids onto the side walk and hits a pedestrian, or causes another car accident and someone is killed. Is this an action a reasonable and prudent person (which cops are supposed to be). There is a reason that police chases are allowed or disallowed by people not involved in the chase. As soon as the cop chases he looses his objectivity and ability to make rational choices. You cannot indanger the public in a chase.
    Look in the tunk, I think he means trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    It doesnt take much speed for a crash on a bike to result in death... vertebra in your neck is not that strong. But your right they should have tried to kill him. Actually they should have ran him down with a swat truck!
    Too messy. I say they build a special vehicle designed from a garbage truck. Quick release ramp and everything. If you're a masochist, you just compact after they're in. If you really want to piss off the runner, let him run it in, help him out and then crush his bike.

Quote Originally Posted by niagara_ridder View Post
    The police have to use appropriate and reasonable force. Potentially killing an individual or seriously permanent injury is not acceptable force to issue a speeding ticket. If the guy robbed a bank I may have a different opinion. Further what if they did use a spike strip and the bike slids onto the side walk and hits a pedestrian, or causes another car accident and someone is killed. Is this an action a reasonable and prudent person (which cops are supposed to be). There is a reason that police chases are allowed or disallowed by people not involved in the chase. As soon as the cop chases he looses his objectivity and ability to make rational choices. You cannot indanger the public in a chase.
    If you refuse to stop it's no longer a speeding ticket and I'm sure in most cases of running there's a lot of weaving and erratic driving. What was a speeding ticket has now become evading, wreckless and whatever else they can pull out of the HTA and CC.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niagara_ridder View Post
    Nothing says that the cops can't pick their spot in which to take the rider down. Not so long ago the OPP used a cruiser to knock a rider down as he slowed to make a turn at the top of a 407 off-ramp. His crime was refusing to stop after being caught speeding. Bike down, rider relatively unhurt. A spike belt in the right place will also drop a bike with minimal risk of serious injury.

Just as the police need to consider the risk to the public of the chase, they also need to consider the risk to the public of allowing a runner to continue running. There is also the deterrence factor to consider. The standard CANNOT become that bikes get a free pass because of potential risk of injury to a rider in stopping that bike. The instant that becomes accepted fact, there will never be any incentive for any rider to stop ever. Sadly, that seems to already be the case for some of the ******** here.

The cops have to make every effort to stop runners even if they are on bikes and even if it means the rider may get hurt. The rider is the criminal the moment he takes off. Deal with that rider as a criminal and get the criminal off the street.

let's see....
    spike belt used on car=tires blown and car still able to stop and stay upright or at least controllable and slowed. Low chance of injury to anyone around or in.

spike belt used on bike=tires blown and bike becoming an out of control projectile, high chance of injury or loss of life to rider and bystanders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    spike belt used on bike=tires blown and bike becoming an out of control projectile, high chance of injury or loss of life to rider and bystanders.
    That depends on your speed, doesn't it? Set the belt down around a tight bend where the bike would have to slow anyways. Now the speed is way down. What about the cops setting up a roadblock around a tight bend? Would that also be wrong because the rider might not have enough time to see, react, and stop before slamming into the roadblock cruisers?

The runner is a criminal. The safety of everyone comes above that of the criminal. Screw the runner, they made their choice, let them live with the outcome. If you don't like the potential bad outcomes, do not run when the red lights come on. If you run anyways, you've tacitly made your choice to accept any bad outcome, haven't you?

Nothing says that the cops can't pick their spot in which to take the rider down. Not so long ago the OPP used a cruiser to knock a rider down as he slowed to make a turn at the top of a 407 off-ramp. His crime was refusing to stop after being caught speeding. Bike down, rider relatively unhurt. A spike belt in the right place will also drop a bike with minimal risk of serious injury.

Just as the police need to consider the risk to the public of the chase, they also need to consider the risk to the public of allowing a runner to continue running. There is also the deterrence factor to consider. The standard CANNOT become that bikes get a free pass because of potential risk of injury to a rider in stopping that bike. The instant that becomes accepted fact, there will never be any incentive for any rider to stop ever. Sadly, that seems to already be the case for some of the ******** here.

The cops have to make every effort to stop runners even if they are on bikes and even if it means the rider may get hurt. The rider is the criminal the moment he takes off. Deal with that rider as a criminal and get the criminal off the street.
    Turbo I understand you desire to get people off the road who don't represent the vast majority of riders, but there are some cases where police intervention does more harm than good. If you can find a cop who can consistantly take down a bike doing excessive speed control where the bike and rider land and take into account the surrounding public put a 's' on that person chest because that is alot of variables to take into account at high speed while your adrenaline is pumping.

The OP poster said that the bike was going in and out of traffic. I don't think there would be a safe way to take the rider or bike down without causing property damage or injury. The OP also stated the crusier was in the oncoming lane. I would question whether that was the safest choice to the public.

There are circumstances where pursuing is the write course of action, however I cannot agree that taking a rider down is a controlable act and that the unforseen consequnces to deter that practice.

IT was BB night.....40 of us made it on time.....regardless of the Po Po...
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

No free passes. If someone chooses to run, let them bear ALL of the potential consequences of their choice, including any injury they may suffer when police do what is needed to stop them before that fool rider injures or kills another.
    Hey Fantino maybe they should just shoot at him. (try to hit him in the legs and arms if possible.)

There's nothing there that a well-positioned spike belt can't quickly take care of.
    I'm not an advocate for running (do the crime, do the time), but what you're suggesting has a very high probability of severe injury or death ... for the sake of giving the guy a speeding ticket. A bit extreme, even for you.

Run forrest ruunnnnnn
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Last edited by lucky2; 02-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Ghost Rider is shooting his next movie

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    Maybe the rider was scared as it was a stealth car..... just sayin!
    If I find some unmarked car trying to run me down, I'm gonna hit it.

Set the belt down around a tight bend where the bike would have to slow anyways. Now the speed is way down.
    Not all motorcyclists slow down around corners
    Resident Loudmouth

Hey turbo have they issued you guys Stun Rays yet? Maybe you could just blind the next speeder, that's way safer than a spike strip.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011...to-submission/

There's nothing there that a well-positioned spike belt can't quickly take care of.
    this post makes me think turbo is the kind of guy that would shove a stick in your front wheel of your bicycle as a child because he didn't have one or because your's had hockey cards and his didn't.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    Hey turbo have they issued you guys Stun Rays yet? Maybe you could just blind the next speeder, that's way safer than a spike strip.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011...to-submission/
    That is what a tinted visor is for isn't it?