Shoei X-12 ( graphics ) for $850, GOOD PRICE!?!?!?!?!

Thread: Shoei X-12 ( graphics ) for $850, GOOD PRICE!?!?!?!?!

Question Shoei X-12 ( graphics ) for $850, GOOD PRICE!?!?!?!?!

So given that it's 20% off and l missed the chance to buy off season im getting a new helmet after upgrading from an Icon helmet. With full discount from GP bikes factored in, is it worth it?

Baysideperformance.ca has roughly the same price but i can have my helmet, chain lock , and motorcycle cover at a decent discount this weekend.

Loving the shoei B-Boz. I have till Saturday to find out

Re: Shoei X-12 ( graphics ) for $850, GOOD PRICE!?!?!?!?!

Not to bad STG has it listed for $750.
    http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...-Twelve+Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    Not to bad STG has it listed for $750.
    http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...-Twelve+Helmet
    Shipped to your door price: $894.27 USD incl. taxes, shipping and $5 brokerage
    Shipped to US Address + you pick it up: $859.27 USD incl. taxes and $5 US Address holding fee
    Buying locally: $960.50 CAD incl. taxes

The difference between buying locally and shipping to US Address is $101.23, assuming 1:1 CAD:USD ratio. That means, that your time and gas spent driving to Buffalo and back should be worth less than that amount for it to be worthwhile. For most people, it isn't. Personally, I would do it just because I go across the border so often for other things, so it's not out of my way.

Having it shipped to your door would save you about $60, which is fine if you're ok with waiting about 1-2 weeks for it, maybe more. Honestly, you've gone to GP, they've helped you out, they're a great store, and they're not exactly ripping you off here. For the sake of having the helmet in your hand the day you walk out, and for the ease of service should any issues arise, I'd just buy from them if I was in your situation. And I usually buy most of my gear from the US, so that says something.

Also, other than graphics, any reason you're set on this helmet? Unless you're riding track, the Shoei Qwest and RF-1100 are cheaper and better options for the street. For the track, X-12 hands down.

I bought mine from GP Bikes only because they matched the price that Rider's Choice was advertising. I got a solid black X 12 for $675+HST...
    Which graphic were you thinking of getting?
    Mina

http://www.gpbikes.com/eshopprod_cat..._GRAPHIC_F.htm

Thats the heltmet l want. My last one sucked after l got used to it. I cheaped out and regretted it. THis one l want to all out but to tell the truth l would like a comparison from someone who had both helmets. I wouldnt be shy of getting a RF-1000, but that graphic has me set right now, and im hoping the ventilation, sound reduction, and fit is worth the money . I usually keep my helmets for 2-3 years so at $320/yr doesnt seem so expensive for proper head protection.

Quote Originally Posted by dragenn View Post
    http://www.gpbikes.com/eshopprod_cat..._GRAPHIC_F.htm

Thats the heltmet l want. My last one sucked after l got used to it. I cheaped out and regretted it. THis one l want to all out but to tell the truth l would like a comparison from someone who had both helmets. I wouldnt be shy of getting a RF-1000, but that graphic has me set right now, and im hoping the ventilation, sound reduction, and fit is worth the money . I usually keep my helmets for 2-3 years so at $320/yr doesnt seem so expensive for proper head protection.
    Ehhhhh....? More money doesn't equal a better helmet.

Watch these video reviews on the Shoei helmets, if you're deadset on Shoei. There are other brands available. I have a Shoei RF-1100, and I love it. But everyone has their own opinions on what's best and what's not. I also own a Bell Vortex helmet, which I find decent as well, but it's no Shoei. Anyway, make your own opinion. Buy the X-12 if you want, but do so for the right reasons. Don't buy it because you think it'll fit you better or be safer, because that's not exactly true. Be informed.

Do you know for sure that the X-12 is a perfect fit for you? That's a lot of money if it isn't. I went from a Shoei to an Icon because the fit wasn't right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    Shipped to your door price: $894.27 USD incl. taxes, shipping and $5 brokerage
    $859.27 USD incl. taxes
    As an out of state shopper, would you be charged sales tax by STG.com? NE.com in Texas doesn't charge tax to out of state orders.

$727 here...

http://www.revzilla.com/shoei-x-12-helmets

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    Ehhhhh....? More money doesn't equal a better helmet.

Watch these video reviews on the Shoei helmets, if you're deadset on Shoei. There are other brands available. I have a Shoei RF-1100, and I love it. But everyone has their own opinions on what's best and what's not. I also own a Bell Vortex helmet, which I find decent as well, but it's no Shoei. Anyway, make your own opinion. Buy the X-12 if you want, but do so for the right reasons. Don't buy it because you think it'll fit you better or be safer, because that's not exactly true. Be informed.

So true. I know l can fall into hype sometimes. Im going to follow up with some more research and figure out which one l should get. Thanks guys, maybe l can save some cash so l have a bit more cash to strap on more foolishness to my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mlc View Post
    As an out of state shopper, would you be charged sales tax by STG.com? NE.com in Texas doesn't charge tax to out of state orders.

$727 here...

http://www.revzilla.com/shoei-x-12-helmets
    Canadian/Ontario taxes. You still have to pay those. And I declare everything that I bring back across the border. Most of the time, I the officer just lets me go through without paying. Even still, I factor it into my budget.