1st track bike so i need some help - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st track bike so i need some help

Re: 1st track bike so i need some help

At tracks like Shannonville and Cayuga, with temperatures under 25deg, even PRO laptimes see tires cooling over the duration of a lapping session(or race).

ie, When using tire warmers, the tires coming in at a lower temp than they went out at.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    The amount of mis-information in these threads is amazing.
    amazing...isn't it!! when i first read this I was going to call you out to have some fun!!!...........i see no one has suggested a 1/16 turn throttle!!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Shut up, everyone is an expert.
    .......... Hey, the "shut up" thing aint very nice, now is it ............ but I do agree about the EXPERT thing, I've considered myself an expert for some time now........ and that is an experts opinion, soooooo. Riding a 1000 is very cool and a ton of fun just be real carefull with the "right rist" action, your a quick "giverrrr" to understanding what the term "high side to the moon" means........ BG

Banned

Too many questions in the opening post, maybe a couple of "experts" qualified to answer them all... Can I suggest narrowing your focus on a few key questions, you may get some qualified answers.

Quote Originally Posted by badmood View Post
    what are you, a fanboy?
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Quote Originally Posted by badmood View Post
    what are you, a fanboy?

Probably a Chinese knock-off.

Probably a Chinese knock-off.
    knock-off would be correct in this case
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

It's gonna be a ****** product, the original was flawed at best.

what are you, a fanboy?
    a chinese knockoff of something made in china already. Nice.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Shut up, everyone is an expert.
    ^^^ Like

i'll never understand why people think riding a fast bike slowly is going to be more fun then riding a slow bike fast. SOOO much easier to set your corner speed when you're not going a billion miles an hour, and always amused by the guys on 600/1000s who are rolled off the gas half way down the straight and just cruising into the corners.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    ^^^ Like

i'll never understand why people think riding a fast bike slowly is going to be more fun then riding a slow bike fast. SOOO much easier to set your corner speed when you're not going a billion miles an hour, and always amused by the guys on 600/1000s who are rolled off the gas half way down the straight and just cruising into the corners.
    Maybe that's all they want to do.

If that's the case, a superbike is more fun than anything, at trackday pace, you can ride around at 80% and do the same laptimes as your buddy on his 600 riding at 90%, you went just as fast and and you're not as tired at the end of the day.

Look at the money people spend to make 600's faster, you can build a $25k 600 and get 135-140 hp out of it.

Then it becomes a time bomb when its stressed that much, and the power is so peaky, its harder to ride.

buy 1 year old superbike for $12-15k(no some clown's streetbike) and giggle your face off every time you get on it, push a bit harder and scare yourself every lap.

I've ridden every current 600 and and 1000 available(outside the aprilia RSV4) in race trim and the superbikes are just more fun.

If you want to work on cornerspeed, they handle just as well as a 600, slow down early and accelerate through the turn(works with ANY bike, but especially well on a 1000)

Bonzai corner entries teach you nothing and are NOT conducive to fast lap times, cruising into corners is actually a good way to learn corner speed as the bike handles better under acceleration than it does on the brakes.

Maybe that's all they want to do.

If that's the case, a superbike is more fun than anything, at trackday pace, you can ride around at 80% and do the same laptimes as your buddy on his 600 riding at 90%, you went just as fast and and you're not as tired at the end of the day.

Look at the money people spend to make 600's faster, you can build a $25k 600 and get 135-140 hp out of it.

Then it becomes a time bomb when its stressed that much, and the power is so peaky, its harder to ride.

buy 1 year old superbike for $12-15k(no some clown's streetbike) and giggle your face off every time you get on it, push a bit harder and scare yourself every lap.

I've ridden every current 600 and and 1000 available(outside the aprilia RSV4) in race trim and the superbikes are just more fun.

If you want to work on cornerspeed, they handle just as well as a 600, slow down early and accelerate through the turn(works with ANY bike, but especially well on a 1000)

Bonzai corner entries teach you nothing and are NOT conducive to fast lap times, cruising into corners is actually a good way to learn corner speed as the bike handles better under acceleration than it does on the brakes.
    Can you teach me? I have no money, but I can provide services.....

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    Can you teach me? I have no money, but I can provide services.....
    Bikini/lingerie pics or its a NO!

repeated post
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Too many questions in the opening post, maybe a couple of "experts" qualified to answer them all... Can I suggest narrowing your focus on a few key questions, you may get some qualified answers.
    and bullet points... I like bullet points
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

The point i was making is that its a lot easier to *set* your corner speed on a slower bike, for example a 650. See so many people on big bikes who way over brake corners because its a lot harder to judge when to get off the brakes when you're coming down from 250km/h.

Lots of other examples why it's a lot harder for newer track riders to get comfortable with faster corner speeds when they're just trying to moderate throttle input. Going around the track being slow as hell and hammering on the gas in the straight bits sounds pretty boring to me, but i guess different strokes for different folks.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

lol u guys are to funny lolol
    ah well i guess it will be a live and learn experience for me
    and ye i will be taking it slow till i feel confortable with it i know this is a monster of a bike and i am not insane. i plan to keep this bike for the rest of my life that why i got a 1000, i dont think i will ever need something more, but i do want to make it as good as i can in the tire and brakes section. notice i am not asking how i can make it go faster, i know what this bike can do.
    oh someone asked if i have ever owned anything other than a 250, no i havent this is the second bike i have bought. but everyone who has seen me on the 250 has said i need a biger bike, i definetly think i skipped a few steps with the 1000 but the thing is that i know i did. i know i most likey will never ride the bike to its full potential but have done 3 years on the street with the 250 and 3 years of track with it and there is nothing more the 250 can offer me. oh but when i do track days i will strill bring the 250 also i like having to shift 20 times in 1 lap lol and go full throttle and i like having the back wheel lock up and skip a lil just as i am about to lean

lol but u guys got completly got off topic but its ok cause its so funny lol
    i gona go check my pm now i think thats where the real info is
    Last edited by sxr; 04-11-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    I been doing so much with so little for so long, that I am now qualified to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    The point i was making is that its a lot easier to *set* your corner speed on a slower bike, for example a 650. See so many people on big bikes who way over brake corners because its a lot harder to judge when to get off the brakes when you're coming down from 250km/h.

Lots of other examples why it's a lot harder for newer track riders to get comfortable with faster corner speeds when they're just trying to moderate throttle input. Going around the track being slow as hell and hammering on the gas in the straight bits sounds pretty boring to me, but i guess different strokes for different folks.
    People do the exact same thing on slower bikes, you just don't notice it because that 650 has trouble getting out of its own way.

Maybe they don't want to ride around on a bike with 1980's suspension technology, you can learn a lot more about corner speed with a bike that actually has suspension(there are lots of reasons for and against BOTH arguments)

You can "SET" your corner speed just as easily on a superbike as you can on any other bike, the fact that one will accelerate to 250+kmh means nothing as you don't HAVE to go that fast.

Have you ridden many(or any) superbikes?

the bike is not the issue at all, it never is.