Muskoka rides

Thread: Muskoka rides

Muskoka rides

Hello everyone,

Moved up and been living in Muskoka for a while now, I know lots of good roads in the area. I was thinking of planning weekly rides in Muskoka (Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurts, and Orillia) (some of the best roads in Ontario). I was thinking of having the rides every week on Saturday or Sunday. It is still a little early here but just throwing it out there to see what the interest level is.

Let me know your thoughts and keep checking back for updates.

Re: Muskoka rides

Love Muskoka but find the roads are busy on the Weekend. I Usually try to go on a weekday when possible, but you may know more roads that are not as busy as I found them last summer. Orillia or Washago are good meeting spots and only 2 hrs from Toronto.

I do big Muskoka ride once a month have been for a couple years now always a good showing and ride. We should compare notes might learn some new roads and show you a few.

Quote Originally Posted by mazman View Post
    Hello everyone,

Moved up and been living in Muskoka for a while now, I know lots of good roads in the area. I was thinking of planning weekly rides in Muskoka (Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurts, and Orillia) (some of the best roads in Ontario). I was thinking of having the rides every week on Saturday or Sunday. It is still a little early here but just throwing it out there to see what the interest level is.

Let me know your thoughts and keep checking back for updates.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

I ride up southwood road from orillia as much as I can. Always a good time other than when cagers don't stay on their side of the road! I also ride trail around mactier whenever possible. I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible in muskoka this summer, so I'll send a pm or post here when I'm planning on riding up.

planning a muskoka ride this Sunday PM me if intrested and will send you the details.

Quote Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
    I ride up southwood road from orillia as much as I can. Always a good time other than when cagers don't stay on their side of the road! I also ride trail around mactier whenever possible. I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible in muskoka this summer, so I'll send a pm or post here when I'm planning on riding up.
    Have you been to southwood recently? How are the conditions of it? Last I heard it's still a beach.

Meeting this sunday june 5th at tims on 11005 yonge st. In Richmond Hill that's just north of elgin mills at 10am. Sharp. Pm me if your showing up so we know if we are missing anyone. Open to all level fast guys in the front slow at the back and so on the only rule is we start the ride as a group and we finish as a group.

Ps I was on southwood yesterday they had dug up the first 5 km of the road to re pave but closer to bala is fine besides the usual sandy spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigz View Post
    Have you been to southwood recently? How are the conditions of it? Last I heard it's still a beach.
    I havn't checked in a couple weeks, but last I saw it was still pretty bad. I'm hopefully going to check it out next week sometime. If I do, I'll post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by mazman View Post
    Meeting this sunday june 5th at tims on 11005 yonge st. In Richmond Hill that's just north of elgin mills at 10am. Sharp. Pm me if your showing up so we know if we are missing anyone. Open to all level fast guys in the front slow at the back and so on the only rule is we start the ride as a group and we finish as a group.

Ps I was on southwood yesterday they had dug up the first 5 km of the road to re pave but closer to bala is fine besides the usual sandy spot.
    Dug up you say? Sounds like KLR territory! Now I really have to check it out!

Southwood on a klr would be nothing but good times right now. I was tempted to but a dual dirt bike just to tear up southwood

Summer schedule is always very flexible for me, would prefer weekday rides so if anyone has a "sick" day lmk
    It's ok to excuse some ignorance, as we all haven't experienced the same things in life...
    And some people are really "so good" that, maybe you can excuse a bit a arrogance.
    But, one thing that you can never excuse, is arrogant ignorance.....

Going for a muskoka ride this saturday july 24.

Meeting at tims on yonge st just north of elgin mills at 8am. Should be back around 5pm.