decent/good/best/etc biker shoes/boots for commuters? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decent/good/best/etc biker shoes/boots for commuters?

Re: decent/good/best/etc biker shoes/boots for commuters?

Quote Originally Posted by wearelopey View Post
    I stand corrected; guilty as charged uninformed on the subject, my apologies. All it took was me looking up a youtube video. They are a lot more sturdy than I thought from seeing the above picture. I'll do my research next time.
    I actually respect your response. You don't get that a lot....I know your initial response was out of concerns for safety, which I can accept....but my respect goes out to you for even replying. Cheers!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wearelopey View Post
    I stand corrected; guilty as charged uninformed on the subject, my apologies. All it took was me looking up a youtube video. They are a lot more sturdy than I thought from seeing the above picture. I'll do my research next time.
    Dude. You were right in the first place!!! LOL. Skate shoes hleping you in even a LOW SPEED crash is laughable. Freakers is lucky as ****, and you better hope you are too if you listen to this drivel.

Skate shoes protect nothing. Never did. EVER. If it looks/feels/smells like BS you dont have to TASTE it to make sure it's not BS.

You're gettin' a little off topic now...

dankyyz, off topic? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by lastemperor7 View Post
    Shift Kickers baby!! I LOVE mine! Wore them all day two days straight for my M1 Exit training course, and they were super damn comfy. And they look like awesome casual high top runners that blend in with society as well. Very comfy to WALK in, as well as ride.

I Second these shoes! I have 'em and they're great. Wear 'em everyday!
    Consider getting a protective cover over your left toe because it'll get fairly worn from shifting, but I've been riding everyday for the past year. It's simple wear and tear. I'm trying to find maybe a metal band I can screw/glue on. Nonetheless, AMAZING shoe!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

Quote Originally Posted by Dayao12 View Post
    I Second these shoes! I have 'em and they're great. Wear 'em everyday!
    Consider getting a protective cover over your left toe because it'll get fairly worn from shifting, but I've been riding everyday for the past year. It's simple wear and tear. I'm trying to find maybe a metal band I can screw/glue on. Nonetheless, AMAZING shoe!
    Do you have protective covers? Where can I get them? It's great the shoe is built with a covered toe inside specifically for shifting, but they look so good that I don't want the exterior to get worn out! Let me know if your solution works.
    Agreed....AMAZING shoe!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    LOL. But HOW...? In what way am i off topic? someone said you get protection from a pair of skate shoes and i dissent?

Whokay.

Let's debate whether or not you were off topic, in this thread, right now lol.

thanks all for the posts!
    and lastemperor7 for the pics. they look really nice. i'd get one now if i could.
    i'll have to save up for the gears and motorcycle first though! i'll keep y'all in touch!
    until then....(i have to buy a bicycle too)... ugh.... ><

Quote Originally Posted by timtek View Post
    thanks all for the posts!
    and lastemperor7 for the pics. they look really nice. i'd get one now if i could.
    i'll have to save up for the gears and motorcycle first though! i'll keep y'all in touch!
    until then....(i have to buy a bicycle too)... ugh.... ><
    I feel so used.

haha timtek, keep an eye out on canadasmotorcycle.ca and check there every once in a while. Shift is supposed to be shutting down their street clothing line, which these shoes would fall under, so it may go on closeout sometime this spring or summer and they'll probably be really cheap.

Until then....good luck!!

And let's not debate...i'm sure deep, deep down dankyyz knows he was off-topic, but must defend his honour to the death lol!!!!

I know that they aren't Daytonas or track worthy boots, but from that picture I couldn't tell the difference between skate shoes and those shift kickers. As in I thought they were simply a thin piece of leather with a rubber sole and bad seams.

When looking on youtube, I found they are more robust than a simple skate shoe, which I assume adds to protection.

I feel its better to diffuse the situation when people get angry on this forum rather than go on the offensive and attack them back. Like it was said before, there are 2 schools of thought with motorcycle gear, those you prefer comfort over all, and those who think safety is top priority.

Shift kickers are for the comfort oriented, but they are still at least marginally better than simply wearing a pair of skate shoes. I think at least.
    Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner

Instructor @ Learning Curves

I'm the type that would go for the "safety first" team... but comfort is my major concern as well.
    i see A LOT of riders that wear just regular shoes (like converse, or other laceless shoes) and i always wonder, if they think they'll ever crash etc...cuz when they go down, they go down hard.

i dont wanna go down hard...
    i'm a driver. so i know the valuable protections that i have in my car versus the protections i will have on a bike (or even bicycle). bicycle, it's low speed and yea but even with that i never go out without my helmet, sunglass, and gloves.

ATGATT for me.
    but i'd still like a pair of those cuz it still looks fashion-cool hahaha

Banned

Just google "foot after motorcycle crash" and scan some of the images. THEN decide if you wanna be wearing skateboarding shoes if it happens. Pretty simple really.

Was that on topic?

No.

lol

I'm asking this question because I genuinely do not know the answer. Would it be fair to say that there are sports bike footwear and cruiser bike footwear? I purchased a pair of boots to use when riding my CBR125. They look nothing like the boots pictured here and I don't like wearing them to ride; almost can't "feel" when shifting.

I'll definitely need to purchase a new pair of riding boots.

Thanks.
    Last edited by skitta; 04-25-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

Anyone tried the icon superduty 4? Im thinking of getting them, they say they r safe and extremely comfortable and they look good, im thinking the wheat color like a pair of tims

Banned

Gawjus!

I don't have em but want em!
    http://www.vitessemoto.com/boots/glove.php

Last edited by alaywa; 04-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alaywa View Post
    Gawjus!

I don't have em but want em!
    http://www.vitessemoto.com/boots/glove.php

Very nice find! These boots look sweet! Must be expensive though. Right now I am wearing the Nexo racing boot. Not that comfortable.