27 27.00%
  • Bar Hog

11 11.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which one would you choose?

Re: Which one would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    I voted hog because, well, your a big dude. Being on a crotch rocket, the riding position isnt the best, at almost 3 bills I cant see you being happy for more than say 2hrs max. Doing anything and not being comfortable is a very fast way to stop enjoying that thing. That being said, what are your plans? Are you going to be commuting? Just a weekend rider? Long trips to Algonquin Park? Or just to timmies and back for some posing? I know your cap was $4500 max but you can get a brand new bike from the dealers for around a hundred a month depending on what you want to do.

The HD 883 is a pretty sweet bike vrand new for under 10k and might suit you.
    The BMW G650GS or F650GS would also be awesome bikes for a guy your size, leased is 90 something bucks a month and a solid bike!

Those would be my 3 suggestions just cause of your size, that being said if an SS is in your mind get the SS and **** the rest
    I'm going to be a weekend warrior. I have been through several summer only cars and I would likely only put about 1000-3000kms on "whatever" all summer. It would be to timmies on a Friday night with friends and then a cruise. It would be on a Sunday for about two hours max as you mentioned, maybe doing errands on a Saturday I'm not into 6-8 hour rides, it would mostly be local. If I really got to like it, then on a Friday (casual day) I would ride it to work and back since parking would not cost anything. There is no way this would be any main transportation for me.

I like both choppers and sport bikes. If I really get into riding I would end up with one of each. The chopper would be done to match my car as a project. The sport bike now is just to see how I like it and not worry if I drop it or scratch it. I would consider a used 883 sportster no problem. I drive a BMW daily and not interested in BMW motorad.

It's a tough decison, but this discussion is helping me. I will just have to try a few out and see how I like them, but hearing about which models are reliable and have good features in advance is good, I won't think of everything when about to buy one.

I would chose the CBR 600.. I have an F4i..and I LOVE it!! great riding position and very comfy for long rides
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window!!

Quote Originally Posted by 600f4ilover View Post
    I would chose the CBR 600.. I have an F4i..and I LOVE it!! great riding position and very comfy for long rides
    Yup. My wife rides an 09 ZX-6R and I have ridden it plenty. At the end of the day, I prefer my CBR600F4i. I'm just as quick and am more comfortable. Not to mention, slightly cheaper insurance when compared to the ZX6R.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Went to the show today. Sat on over 25 bikes. Looks like it's leaning heavily to a Ninja 400R or the Johnny Pag Sypder. Bar Hog maybe too, but the Spyder was more forgiving.

Funny how the two lowest voted bikes end up what seems best. I sat on a few GSXR's and a ZX6....OMG.....no way.