Please help anyone with insurance info - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help anyone with insurance info

Re: Please help anyone with insurance info

has anyone or you plau tried riders plus? they want me to fill up 3 pages of paperwork just to get a quote:l

Quote Originally Posted by Tcb View Post
    has anyone or you plau tried riders plus? they want me to fill up 3 pages of paperwork just to get a quote:l
    From my understanding riders plus only insures 25+ years old

ok any other companies other than duffy 3500 for only liability is the same price as the ninja i want to buy.....lol

It looks like you dont have much of a choice. I want a ninja 250 as well and got a quote for a cbr125 but insurance is still the same. I was also told by the broker that if I wait a year (when my M1 license matures to a year) it will drop from 3500 to 1700. Because I am poor... I have made the decision to just wait that year as much as I want to ride unless something happens like I win the lottery or something

for full coverage because that quote is only for liability
    bro, get other things like theft, damage not at fault, get full coverage... youd be surprised how many idiots are out there.. Some dumb girl backed into my bike while it was parked...

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    bro, get other things like theft, damage not at fault, get full coverage... youd be surprised how many idiots are out there.. Some dumb girl backed into my bike while it was parked...
    But if isomeone hits me won't it count on there insurance so that is covered only thing I really need to add is theft....wonder if they can add stuff like that for cheap

But if isomeone hits me won't it count on there insurance so that is covered only thing I really need to add is theft....wonder if they can add stuff like that for cheap
    It is still covered under your policy. The coverage is Direct Compensation-Property Damage which is a mandatory coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Hey buddy. Im 16 as well i ride a '10 ninnja 250... i have bad news, i pay around 6 grand a year for my bike. Includes theft, any damage, all the good stuff. Im with TD bank, they are the only company that will insure people our age.. those Fuc*ers
    I think Facility would be less than $6000.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    If you have had your Mx license for more then one year, there will be a few options for you. If not, probably only Facility. If you get a hard time getting a quote on insurance send me a PM and I'll give you the ombudsman's info. He will assign a facility insurance company for you. The rate won't be pretty, and you'll have to pay for the full year up front, but you will be insured.

-Jamie M.
    You don't need the ombudsman to get hooked up with a Facility Association policy. I believe all brokers have the capability of quoting you with Facility.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

geez only td have REES can you pm me the contact info and who you spoke to impretty sure i called them and they said they couldnt...also who you spoke to would be greatly appretiated i dont need theft or all of that because i live in a pretty good neighbourhood and it will be kept inside the house do they have an option for only liability?
    Yes, you can get a policy with only mandatory coverages. Collision and Comprehensive are optional. Collision will be expensive for a 16yo, but since your likelihood of having your ride stolen is no different whether you are 16yo or 60yo, your Comprehensive premium will be the same as someone older. I would advise that you purchase Comprehensive coverage, just in case. Not only are bikes stolen, but they can also be "tapped" and knocked over in parking lots, vandalized, etc.

these insurance companies are such rip offs its ridiculous i know some people that ride withought insurance all year long and if they get stopped by the cops they pay a fine but it doesnt come close to the amount of being legally insured
    It's not the fines that these idiots should be worried about -- it's the lawsuits in the event of a collision.

ontario has to change this, i understand i am a 16 year old and there are some stupid kids that do sh*t to get other people killed and themselves but if your not over 20 or even 25 your insurance is f**king rididculous!
    Next time you see a stupid 16yo, thank them for creating a horrible claims experience (and hence premiums) for your age group. You pay a lot because the risk is VERY high that you will make a claim. Add immaturity, inexperience, and a penis and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I was also insured at 16 but since it was a while ago Im sure if you accounted for inflation it would be pretty close to $3000 in today's dollars
    And FYI, the rate of inflation for Accident Benefits FAR exceeds the regular rate of inflation.

DCPD is mandatory. If you are NOT at fault, your damage to the bike is covered under DCPD. If you ARE at fault, then you need Collision coverage to be covered. If you bike is stolen or vandalised, you are only covered if you have Comprehensive. I strongly suggest you purchase Comprehensive, since it is the same price regardless of your age (i.e. it is relatively cheap).

vifferFun thanks for all the info i will try to get comprehensive now because i have been doing a lot of research and apparently a 250 pound ride is easy to steal!who would have thought (joke) so i think i will be getting comprehensive i will call john duffy today and see how much i will post it here and hopefully you can tell me what you guys think?
    "riding isnt about whos fastest or whos got the nicest bike, its about having a great time forgetting about school, problems and being free"

vifferFun thanks for all the info i will try to get comprehensive now because i have been doing a lot of research and apparently a 250 pound ride is easy to steal!who would have thought (joke) so i think i will be getting comprehensive i will call john duffy today and see how much i will post it here and hopefully you can tell me what you guys think?
    The Ninja 250 is very easy to steal, but it isn't on the "hot list" of bikes to be stolen. Even still, I wouldn't risk it (and I had Comprehensive myself on my Ninja 250 when I was just starting out). Comprehensive will cost the young inexperienced rider the exact same as an old experienced rider, so the premium will seem very small in comparison to Collision, Liability, Accident Benefits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    The Ninja 250 is very easy to steal, but it isn't on the "hot list" of bikes to be stolen. Even still, I wouldn't risk it (and I had Comprehensive myself on my Ninja 250 when I was just starting out). Comprehensive will cost the young inexperienced rider the exact same as an old experienced rider, so the premium will seem very small in comparison to Collision, Liability, Accident Benefits, etc.
    What exactly is comprehensive what is the difference between full covereage comprehensive and liability? What exactly does comprehensive cover? Thanks tiago
    "riding isnt about whos fastest or whos got the nicest bike, its about having a great time forgetting about school, problems and being free"

What exactly is comprehensive what is the difference between full covereage comprehensive and liability? What exactly does comprehensive cover? Thanks tiago
    Full coverage implies the inclusion of Collision coverage( this is coverage for at fault, single vehicle and hit and runs)

Comprehensive coverage is for Fire, Theft, Vandalism and Glass
    There is also options to get Specificed Perils but this does not include Vandalism. Only Fire and theft

When someone says they have full coverage, they mean to say that they have the mandatory coverages as well as the optional coverages of Collision and Comprehensive. You can read an explanation of each coverage on an Auto/Bike policy here:

http://www.tdinsurance.com/auto/lear...ntre/stand.jsp

Plau which company gave you a quote for 1700, I have had my m2 for 2 years and I am 18 years with car insurance no tickets or anything do you think I could get the same quote?

" I was also told by the broker that if I wait a year (when my M1 license matures to a year) it will drop from 3500 to 1700."

Quote Originally Posted by umesh840 View Post
    Plau which company gave you a quote for 1700, I have had my m2 for 2 years and I am 18 years with car insurance no tickets or anything do you think I could get the same quote?

" I was also told by the broker that if I wait a year (when my M1 license matures to a year) it will drop from 3500 to 1700."
    I called John R Duffy for this quote and the reason why they say "when your license matures to a year it will drop from 3500 to 1700" is because they will move your insurance policy to Jevco