Please help anyone with insurance info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help anyone with insurance info

Exclamation Please help anyone with insurance info

hey guys,

i understand this will be a very hard task even if possible, i would like to get a ninja 250r most likely around 2009 i am 16 years old with my m2 riders safety course and everything does anyone have an insurance company for younger riders i have been looking but it seems nearly impossibe i am not looking for any negative comments just if you have any info got insured when you were 16 etc please let me know the company, number etc

thanks guys,
    Tbarcelos

Re: Please help anyone with insurance info

Quote Originally Posted by Tcb View Post
    i am 16 years old with my m2
    If you have had your Mx license for more then one year, there will be a few options for you. If not, probably only Facility. If you get a hard time getting a quote on insurance send me a PM and I'll give you the ombudsman's info. He will assign a facility insurance company for you. The rate won't be pretty, and you'll have to pay for the full year up front, but you will be insured.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

hey guys,

i understand this will be a very hard task even if possible, i would like to get a ninja 250r most likely around 2009 i am 16 years old with my m2 riders safety course and everything does anyone have an insurance company for younger riders i have been looking but it seems nearly impossibe i am not looking for any negative comments just if you have any info got insured when you were 16 etc please let me know the company, number etc

thanks guys,
    Tbarcelos
    Check out

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-the-best-rate

but your pretty much SOL not many insurance company will insure you...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    If you have had your Mx license for more then one year, there will be a few options for you. If not, probably only Facility. If you get a hard time getting a quote on insurance send me a PM and I'll give you the ombudsman's info. He will assign a facility insurance company for you. The rate won't be pretty, and you'll have to pay for the full year up front, but you will be insured.

-Jamie M.
    What are the chances of facility giving you a quote under $3500 for just liability?

Hey buddy. Im 16 as well i ride a '10 ninnja 250... i have bad news, i pay around 6 grand a year for my bike. Includes theft, any damage, all the good stuff. Im with TD bank, they are the only company that will insure people our age.. those Fuc*ers

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Hey buddy. Im 16 as well i ride a '10 ninnja 250... i have bad news, i pay around 6 grand a year for my bike. Includes theft, any damage, all the good stuff. Im with TD bank, they are the only company that will insure people our age.. those Fuc*ers
    You're nuts paying $6000 a year. You got robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Are you paying for it or your parents? I cant imagine a 16 year old making enough money to pay for a brand new bike and insurance that costs $6000/year...

geez only td have REES can you pm me the contact info and who you spoke to impretty sure i called them and they said they couldnt...also who you spoke to would be greatly appretiated i dont need theft or all of that because i live in a pretty good neighbourhood and it will be kept inside the house do they have an option for only liability?
    these insurance companies are such rip offs its ridiculous i know some people that ride withought insurance all year long and if they get stopped by the cops they pay a fine but it doesnt come close to the amount of being legally insured

ontario has to change this, i understand i am a 16 year old and there are some stupid kids that do sh*t to get other people killed and themselves but if your not over 20 or even 25 your insurance is f**king rididculous!

if you haven't bought the bike you might consider a cbr 125 or something similar...

6k's for insurance? jesus ****ing christ on a pogo stick that's insane.
    x

I would say a $5000 fine is pretty close to new insurance on a bike. This is also not taking into consideration if you get into an accident which ca push that total really high.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey McNeely View Post
    I would say a $5000 fine is pretty close to new insurance on a bike. This is also not taking into consideration if you get into an accident which ca push that total really high.
    I understand the price I am looking for a company to insure me a lot say they wont/cant

i paid for the bike, my mom pays for the insurance

At the risk of dating myself I find this post very sad. When I turned 16 and got my car and bike license, getting a bike was the way to go. Cheap to insure and cheap to operate. Not anymore. I'd love to see the stats that support the current insurance rates (I know a couple of you will chime in) but I have to believe that a young rider on the right bike (250cc or less) can't be that much of a risk.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Good luck finding insurance and good luck with your first steps on the road to riding! Be safe!

I finally got a quote today for 3500 on a 2009 kawasaki ninja 250 with only liability full coverage is an extra 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    At the risk of dating myself I find this post very sad. When I turned 16 and got my car and bike license, getting a bike was the way to go. Cheap to insure and cheap to operate. Not anymore. I'd love to see the stats that support the current insurance rates (I know a couple of you will chime in) but I have to believe that a young rider on the right bike (250cc or less) can't be that much of a risk.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Good luck finding insurance and good luck with your first steps on the road to riding! Be safe!
    It is very sad but oh well nothing I can do! Its not so much all the young riders as much as the irresponsible riders that do this to impress there friends or girls so they try racing and hit someone or something! I mean ya its pretty cool with the ladies but it is a big responsibility, it can be very dangerous if treated like a toy or un properly it can be the difference between life or death

Thanks for your support.! Happy Safe riding!

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post

I was also insured at 16 but since it was a while ago Im sure if you accounted for inflation it would be pretty close to $3000 in today's dollars

I finally got a quote today for 3500 on a 2009 kawasaki ninja 250 with only liability full coverage is an extra 1000
    Thats the quote I got with liability with 1 at fault insurance claim and 1 stop sign ticket at the age of 19 and getting M2 (hopefully) in 2 weeks. Maybe my age plays a part in this (if it does, I don't think it would make that much of a difference). The only other difference is that I had my G1 for 3 years.

Did you try calling John R Duffy?

that quote is john r duffy they are almost the only company that will insure me, it really sucks

that quote is john r duffy they are almost the only company that will insure me, it really sucks
    Haha same goes for me because of the fact that I have only had my G1 since Feb.

I do not think you can get any better than that but you can always try TD... Primmum...
    Those companies gave me similar quotes but a bit higher by about 100-200

for full coverage because that quote is only for liability