CBR F4 Gearshift Arm Disconnected

Thread: CBR F4 Gearshift Arm Disconnected

CBR F4 Gearshift Arm Disconnected

I only found one other post on this issue so am wondering if someone can help.

I tried to put my F4 in gear the other day and the gear shifter went all the way done and started hanging. I noticed that the bolt holding the gear shifter in place with the shift arm (i believe that's the correct term) had come loose and fallen off. I put the bolt back in and noticed that it didn't have a nut at the end (the bolt seemed too short to even fit a nut). The bike shifted gears fine with the bolt in. Needless to say, the gear shifter fell off again once I tested it a few times.

My questions:
    1. Is it just the bolt that could be the issue here?
    2. Do I have to get a Honda specific bolt or would any one do (from home depot etc.)? If a Honda specific one is required, any ideas where I can get a hold of one in the scarborough area?
    Thanks
    MJ

p.s. I've attached a pic showing the bolt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Re: CBR F4 Gearshift Arm Disconnected

Quote Originally Posted by 0speed0 View Post
    I only found one other post on this issue so am wondering if someone can help.

I tried to put my F4 in gear the other day and the gear shifter went all the way done and started hanging. I noticed that the bolt holding the gear shifter in place with the shift arm (i believe that's the correct term) had come loose and fallen off. I put the bolt back in and noticed that it didn't have a nut at the end (the bolt seemed too short to even fit a nut). The bike shifted gears fine with the bolt in. Needless to say, the gear shifter fell off again once I tested it a few times.

My questions:
    1. Is it just the bolt that could be the issue here?
    2. Do I have to get a Honda specific bolt or would any one do (from home depot etc.)? If a Honda specific one is required, any ideas where I can get a hold of one in the scarborough area?
    Thanks
    MJ

p.s. I've attached a pic showing the bolt
    Those are aftermaket rearsets so stock parts will not help you here. Usually those bolts have a loc nut on the other side....If your bolt is too short I have a good feeling the reason why its too short and the nut is missing is because you sheard the bolt off with the nut still on it...So your missing the nut and a few MM off the bolts original length....

Should be a M6 x about 20-25mm long with a loc nut on the other side.....

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

You were correct. It was an M6 bolt. Ended up going to Brafasco on Progress Avenue - very good folks.
    All fixed now. Thanks again!