Shift is closing out it's street line... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shift is closing out it's street line...

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Re: Shift is closing out it's street line...

Quote Originally Posted by patw View Post
    If Shift is just Fox's street wear, why did they make MX boots?
    To my knowledge, they weren't just limited to streetwear. They make plenty of MX & even go kart stuff. But it sort of comes off as a re-branding experiment. Not sure what the figures are, but I guess it just wasn't successful enough to sustain? If fox made street gear, it'd probably look SO dope

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    Is this it?

http://www.auroraactionsports.ca/shop.php?lineCode=SST&sexCode=M&catCode=&part=7012 8&page=1

Or this?

http://www.auroraactionsports.ca/sho...ize=003&page=1

edit: Oh jeez, there are so many links on that site to Avenger jackets, lol, but they all are showing small in black/white in stock.

I found more than one link for the jacket, and they are showing size small in both. Hope the colour you are looking for is in one of these two links, but if you can, go to the warehouse to check out the deals !

The warehouse is mostly full of motocross and casual clothing, but there are two or three racks of men's jackets, leather and textile. There are also boxes of jackets along the side of the wall next to the racks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel
    Hey, left a post about shift stuff in the respective thread. Good luck in your search .
    Thanks for trying to help, Orangepeel, but that's the air avenger. I've honestly scoured the internet for it and smalls are hard to come by. But I did end up ordering 100 bucks worth of clothes from that site *facepalm*. I clicked for pick up so I could try on some jackets when I'm there

Also, that sr1 jacket looks awesome, Rodney. I would've gotten it if it didn't have any white on it

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyBR View Post
    Thanks. I was hoping to get them locally since I'm not sure how they fit.

Speaking of that, how do Shift pants fit, are they larger or smaller.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    They fit a little weird. I'm a 34' pant all day, and they're slightly small in the waist. I'm a high level hockey player and have fairly large quads, and they fit a little loose in the upper leg. The seat is somewhat baggy, and the the calves are small. I'm also 6'4" and have long legs, so they may fit someone shorter a little differently than me.

All in all, I'm happy with them, and the Vertex jacket I zip them to. The only downside thus far is the longevity of the pucks. Although they offer decent feel at first, they wear quickly and then seem to get hung up while dragging at times. Nothing major though.

As for Shift and Fox... Shift started as Fox's FMX line way back in the late 90's. They offered the gear to compete with LBZ, Skin, etc, when Fox was all about the clean and pristine, corporate, race image. They branched into Karting and Street MUCH MUCH later than their MX line, and simply got out because they didn't have enough support or direction. They straddled the Stunt, Street, and Race genres without ever really staking claim to any of them. Think Dainese (race only), Icon (stunt/ street only). They tried to play with them all and never carved out a niche (although I'm happy with they're gear).

Cheers!
    Life is best lived at Wide Open Throttle. Twist the right wrist and watch it all go by.

Since I was uncertain about how the shift pants would fit I just purchased a Teknic Chicane One-Piece Sui This thing breaths like mad, so should be cool when it gets warm. I also have a textile and leather jacket, kevlar jeans, etc.. so I'm covered.

Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

DAMN, good post. Wish I'd seen this earlier, cuz I couldda used some new riding jeans, or even some rain gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    DAMN, good post. Wish I'd seen this earlier, cuz I couldda used some new riding jeans, or even some rain gear
    Velocity is running a group buy on some Kevlar jeans shortly. Keep and eye on the vendor/group buy threads.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

As an aside, fellas. I know the owner/ operator of AuroraActionSports through a family friend. Word has it, this is the last month they have a lease for that space; meaning this is likely the last sale they'll be having in the warehouse. The other thing is, I'll likely be able to find some stuff if/when he liquidates it all...

Of course, this could all be misinformation as well.
    Life is best lived at Wide Open Throttle. Twist the right wrist and watch it all go by.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Velocity is running a group buy on some Kevlar jeans shortly. Keep and eye on the vendor/group buy threads.

-Jamie M.
    Noted, thanks
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

-Jamie M.
    Good looks, my man!