Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough Group Ride 4.0 thread!

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106467207235

The ride starts at the timmies at Kennedy Commons (401/Kennedy Rd.). We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15.

Don't worry if you have a small bike. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

The "regular" route takes about 3.5 hours total (to get back to the start point) and is about 200km round trip. We head out from timmies and do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

We also plan other routes, sometimes NOT in advance, like Niagara Falls, Forks of the Credit, Algonquin/507, etc. Show up to timmies with a full tank and we'll decide where to go =)

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
    A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.
    **NEW WEATHER SITE! http://bit.ly/lV1h80

Q: Can I come?
    A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please), GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
    A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
    A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
    A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together. No sex required, I swear!

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
    A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Q: I only have my M1 and/or am afraid to go on the highway? Do you still love me?
    A: Yes. There are NO highway or other roads which require greater then an M1 to drive on.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M.
    (P.S. PLEASE do not post hate messages or other defamatory remarks in this thread. Your posts will just get deleted and if it gets out of hand this thread will be locked. Please.)
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 05-22-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I think a bunch of people are out on the Niagra Falls run, I missed it because I had to change tires for a friend... I'm willing to go for a ride, probably gonna rain but shouldn't last too long......
    1998 YZF600R

Re: Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

I'm looking at a few different weather radar's right now... Will post shortly and send out facebook spam as well.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

It's raining right now in Whitby. Going to keep an eye on the radar and roads and see when/if it clears up =)

http://wxug.us/9gc2

-Jamie M.
    *edit* rain is done =) Will wait for the roads to dry a lil and I'll head to KC
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 05-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Hey Guys,

Just found this ride info and look forward to attending one of these rides in the next 2-3 weeks. My name is from David, originally from Sudbury, then Downtown T.O. now scarborough. See you out there.

Sounds good! See ya out there =)
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

What's the deal for today? Normal route?

Let's do something awesome for the awesome weather!
    1998 YZF600R

Quote Originally Posted by Adli View Post
    Let's do something awesome for the awesome weather!
    lol =) I'm up for whatever

What did you think of the new route to Uxbridge Adli?

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Hey jamie do you a Juan and there real east end guys still meet up at the whites Tim hortons before heading to Kc?

Quote Originally Posted by Wileo View Post
    Hey jamie do you a Juan and there real east end guys still meet up at the whites Tim hortons before heading to Kc?
    There's only a few really east end guys, juan, me, lol. So it usually isn't worth the pre-meet and then the 15 min ride to KC but if peeps wanna pre-meet I guess we could.

I gotta adjust my chain and lube my shaft and tighten my nuts so I might not make it for a premeet if we try it today.

Also, there will be some BIG NEWS about the sunday ride on June 12th!!! BIG BIG NEWS! Will announce it at KC today and I'll make a thread about it tonight =)

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Aright see ya at Kc

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    lol =) I'm up for whatever

What did you think of the new route to Uxbridge Adli?

-Jamie M.
    It was pretty good, better then 7/12, and had that wicked corner. I rode Ashburn the other day, it definitely didn't survive winter, you'll be dodging pot holes the entire road!

And secret road is nice and clean, I put the stock exhaust back on and rode it twice, haha. Bike sounds way too quite now
    1998 YZF600R

Quote Originally Posted by Wileo View Post
    I would be down for a pre meet too, I'm coming from Uxbridge, so it would be cool to meet up and have company on the way down.

I ran into Juan on the 401 couple weeks back..
    1998 YZF600R

Here right now, stopped by to see what's up... And there's no boyz with toys
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

Are you guys going to stoP in brooklin.?
    I might stop and say hi

Thanks for the ride. Sorry had to split before uxbridge.

Thanks for the ride... First timer here but it won't be the last!

It's too bad I can't make the June 12th ride... sounds like fun... <sad face>

Where are the picture/video usually posted?
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Some get posted her but normally on eastendriders.ca

Nice to meet ya splash I was on the red bandit.

And 2 the 2 guys who took off just as traffic opened up on the 401( I belive the guys with the jorden bike and another guy) I hope ya made it just after you took off a opp went chasing after ya but got held up a bit

Good ride today gents, and nice meeting you splash, and c-note.

Would love to see the pictures from your brave 2up Jamie, Totally forgot her name, sorry...

Oh and splash, I'm interested in seeing how your videos turned out, hope it wasn't too bumpy.

And definitely going to try and make the June 12 ride, sounds awesome,
    1998 YZF600R