Help me plan my epic trip of a lifetime! Toronto->California and back in 15 days! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me plan my epic trip of a lifetime! Toronto->California and back in 15 days!

Re: Help me plan my epic trip of a lifetime! Toronto->California and back in 15 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy View Post
    I don't have a tent yet. Can anyone recommend a place that sells a good selection of tents in the GTA? Preferably in the Richmond Hill/Markham/Woodbridge/North York area?
    There's lots of good ones at MEC, but I found the tents at Lebaron just as good but much cheaper. Unfortunately they are located near Dixie/Dundas in Mississauga - not sure if they have other stores in the GTA. At the very least, they have a great selection of many different styles. I ended up buying my sleeping bag and tent among other things there.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Re: Help me plan my epic trip of a lifetime! Toronto->California and back in 15 days!

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    There's lots of good ones at MEC, but I found the tents at Lebaron just as good but much cheaper. Unfortunately they are located near Dixie/Dundas in Mississauga - not sure if they have other stores in the GTA. At the very least, they have a great selection of many different styles. I ended up buying my sleeping bag and tent among other things there.
    Thanks!

Labaron seems to have a store in Markham so I may check that out on the weekend. MEC seems to have a good selection, may check that out too.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

I can personally vouch for their Euerka El Capitan 3 person tent. They always have sales on different stuff and when I went it was on sale for a really awesome price. Be mindful of weight, colour, pack size, pole construction, footprint (ground sheet), vestibule, waterproofness/seams, # of doors and ventilation. I found the 3 person tent perfect for me and all my gear to stay dry
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

+1 on the Eureka 3 man tent. I have one myself and can vouch for its waterproof abilities. I was in Washington DC 2 years ago and didn't realize how many storms they get rolling through the area. Well, I got nailed by a line of storms one night that had most of the other campers running for the washroom because the lightning, wind, and rain were such that it left the area looking like a shallow lake. I could feel a river of water under my own tent and although tree limbs were coming down on my tent and it was left in 4" of water, not one drop made it through. You definately get what you pay for there.

Oomis - "It's a brilliant character bike. It won't be the fastest bike on the street, nor the lightest, nor the best handling, but with pipes it'll sound like God's coming to dinner and he doesn't like what's on the table."

I am really interested to know what tent and sleeping bag he picked up.
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

+2 on the Eureka El Cap 3 tent.
    By the way, I bought it in North York at Tent City (1600 Steeles Ave W Concord, ON L4K 4M2
    (905) 660-6885). It's just West of Dufferin on the North side of Steeles in a plaza.
    Reasonable price, too (you may also pick up some good quality camping stuff there).

Good luck with your trip! (And do let us know how it went).

Las
    (2002 Kawasaki Concours)

So how was it? Any advice to offer after having experienced it for yourself?
    I've been thinking about taking a road trip down to cali as well except I'd be trailering the bike part of the way. One of my friends is planning a trip to Vancouver so I might end up doing that instead via the US.

Thanks for the link elementz

Just want to wish you luck my fellow Richmond Hiller. I was planning a very similar trip to visit some friends across the US with the same time frame but as a new rider I don't have the gumption to do this just yet.

Have you tried padded cycling shorts for underwear on long rides? It helps quite a bit and helps wick away sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGuy View Post
    Just want to wish you luck my fellow Richmond Hiller.
    Welcome to last year - check the date on the thread, and check the link a couple posts up for the ride report - which is AWESOME, by the way.