Insuring old bike with swapped engine? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Insuring old bike with swapped engine?

Re: Insuring old bike with swapped engine?

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    My interpretation of "modification" is what I have read directly from the rating manuals of multiple insurance companies providing coverage to people in this forum.
    Another common practice is putting lights and whatnot on a dirt bike to use on the roads. After an inspection by a garage road plates are then issued. Based on your ranting you would have a problem with this practice as well.

You want to try taking the insarance company on in court? You think that the insurance company will just ignore a material misrepresentation of risk? You are deluded.
    Risk of what? The person being broken down on the side of road? Small claims court is a mechanism in place. You can sue for up to 25000 in damages. At the moment they are talking about raising that to 100 000. If an insurer wants to screw around be prepared stand before a judge in small claims court.

Since you continue to reiterate you incorrect "logic", I have come to the conclusion that you have no comprehension skills whatsoever. And sure, if it makes you happy, I work for State Farm. Please, steer clear of State Farm.
    You lash out because someone will not accept your conjecture/propoganda. Don't worry based on your scary thinking, statefarm is definately not playing with a full deck of cards. They don't deserve my business or anyones business.

[QUOTE=ItIsWhatItIs;1535518]Another common practice is putting lights and whatnot on a dirt bike to use on the roads. After an inspection by a garage road plates are then issued. Based on your ranting you would have a problem with this practice as well. [QUOTE]

This cant be done in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    You lash out because someone will not accept your conjecture/propoganda. Don't worry based on your scary thinking, statefarm is definately not playing with a full deck of cards. They don't deserve my business or anyones business.
    I simply correct people when they say stupid things. Thank you for avoiding State Farm, and please tell all your friends.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)