M1 - Need the latest and greatest MTO Book?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1 - Need the latest and greatest MTO Book?

M1 - Need the latest and greatest MTO Book?

Hey guys,

Studying off for M1 (yes i said the word study...) from this old 1997 Book. Think i need the newest? i dont imagine the laws / road signs have changed any in the past atleast 20 odd years or so..

Re: M1 - Need the latest and greatest MTO Book?

u can now buy the book that only has the questions .....answers on the back obviously

Quote Originally Posted by BioRouge View Post
    Hey guys,

Studying off for M1 (yes i said the word study...) from this old 1997 Book. Think i need the newest? i dont imagine the laws / road signs have changed any in the past atleast 20 odd years or so..

Im having a had time finding any book period. I've been to 3 Canadian tires, wall mart, chapters and shoppers drug mart and an mto office. All out of m1 books. They've got plenty of drivers manuals though. So I borrowed this old 99 book from my cousin lol.

If anyone in Ajax has a newer one they don't mind sharing, pm me

pm'd

here try this
    http://www.downtr.net/find/MTO+Motorcycle+Handbook.html

Im having a had time finding any book period. I've been to 3 Canadian tires, wall mart, chapters and shoppers drug mart and an mto office. All out of m1 books. They've got plenty of drivers manuals though. So I borrowed this old 99 book from my cousin lol.

If anyone in Ajax has a newer one they don't mind sharing, pm me

In the country about 20 mins from Cambridge

i didn't even study with the book and i passed no problem, i just researched things online for like a year and got a ton of info from reading this forum and watching youtube videos and what not... also make sure you brush up on your g1 knowledge as you have to re-write the g1 test when you go for your m1

I did my M1 a month ago. I read through the book two or three times (I'm sure was PM'd to you) , and many of the questions in the motorcycle section were straight out of it.

You know what's not in the book that is a complete section on the test?

ROAD SIGNS WTF!! lol I was shocked to see a whole section devoted to road signs! I had studied NOTHING about them, read a bunch of posts and no one mentioned them, and had never seen any of some of the signs they were asking to identify!! I panicked.....but luckily, I got 20 out of 20 on that section lol. So yeah, you can logically deduce their meanings

The M1 asks questions in three sections:

1. General Driving Knowledge - 20 questions
    2. Road Signs - 20 questions
    3. Motorcycle Driving Knowledge - 20 questions.

So 60 questions in total.

The general driving stuff I was surprised and not prepared for either. I don't know how old you are, but I've had my G for about 10 years...so it's been over a decade since I've read anything about driving rules. But I got through it okay.

I think there is a sticky somewhere here about the M1. Or else make sure you Google it and find some recent links to find out more about what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by lastemperor7 View Post
    I did my M1 a month ago. I read through the book two or three times (I'm sure was PM'd to you) , and many of the questions in the motorcycle section were straight out of it.

ROAD SIGNS WTF!! lol I was shocked to see a whole section devoted to road signs! I had studied NOTHING about them, read a bunch of posts and no one mentioned them, and had never seen any of some of the signs they were asking to identify!! I panicked.....but luckily, I got 20 out of 20 on that section lol. So yeah, you can logically deduce their meanings

The general driving stuff I was surprised and not prepared for either. I don't know how old you are, but I've had my G for about 10 years...so it's been over a decade since I've read anything about driving rules. But I got through it okay.

I think there is a sticky somewhere here about the M1. Or else make sure you Google it and find some recent links to find out more about what to expect.
    Corrected here too.

1. General Driving Knowledge (G1 questions)- 20 questions
    3. Motorcycle Driving Knowledge - 24 questions

So 64 questions in total.

wow ... how many can you get wrong?

too many

Done

Test was waay too easy. I was atleast expecting one question on hand signals, but nothing. It was all common sense stuff and minor motorcycle knowledge (i.e. when to down shift, what side of the lane to be on etc..)

Sorry. Should've included that too.

1. General Driving Knowledge (G1 questions)- 20 questions - need 16 correct
    2. Road Signs - 20 questions - need 16 correct
    3. Motorcycle Driving Knowledge - 24 questions - need 19 correct

Cheers!

Good to hear you passed...congrats. Did that pdf help you out at all??

It totally did - half the questions were word for word copy lol!

Thanks for that man - really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lastemperor7 View Post

Actually, at the beginning of the Motorcycle handbook they mention that you'll need to read certain sections of the Drivers handbook as there will be questions from the G1 test. Of course they only mention it once and in a section containing no other relevant information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixel View Post
    Actually, at the beginning of the Motorcycle handbook they mention that you'll need to read certain sections of the Drivers handbook as there will be questions from the G1 test. Of course they only mention it once and in a section containing no other relevant information.
    That's bloody sneaky!

I used that question book mentioned above. I ran through it once as it had a combination of road signs, g1 and m1 questions....I wrote the test yesterday and passed. As mentioned above it was 20, 20 and 20 not 24 for me. YOu could get 4 wrong per section and still pass....I had a very large room for error left so overall fairly easy in my opinion.

Jenn

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0TW6TB72

What I used. Read it over once the night before, and passed with flying colours. The questions on the test are pretty much word for word from this

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiGal View Post
    I used that question book mentioned above. I ran through it once as it had a combination of road signs, g1 and m1 questions....I wrote the test yesterday and passed. As mentioned above it was 20, 20 and 20 not 24 for me. YOu could get 4 wrong per section and still pass....I had a very large room for error left so overall fairly easy in my opinion.

Jenn
    Really? It must have been updated quite recently, because it was 24 questions not too long ago. Thanks for the info!

^ I wrote the test yesterday as well (and passed ) and I had 20 Signs, 20 General (G1), and 24 M1 Questions, so total 64.