The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread - Page 52

Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2390

Thread: The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    The weather is supposed to be great next sunday, any one interested in a nice slightly longer ride? I am thinking 2-300kms might be the last chance for a great ride this year.
    If weather is good, leaving a.m.? Have to be back by no later than 4....
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    We might not have a chance this late in the season, but if you like River Rd then you absolutely need to ride up around Haliburton and basically anything between hwy 11 and Ottawa. Nothing else in Ontario even comes close to those roads. It's a hell of a long day, better to do it in two days to do it right, since there are just so many good roads.
    I tried to do a muskoka ride this summer but the weather was agaisnt me and got stuck in rain the whole way home.
    I put 850km on in a day but I doubt I would do that much again as my back was killing me when I got home.
    As for Sunday I may be down as long as the gf is off or i can get a sitter.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I know most of you work during the week, but I thought I'd throw this out here anyway.

Tuesday October 25. Leave Guelph area around 10:00, meet up with a couple more people in the Milton area for 10:30 and head to the Anchor Bar ( http://www.anchorbar.com/ ) for lunch.
    Because it will most likely be cold in the morning I want to leave as late as possible, slab it from Hamilton to Buffalo and then take the fun roads on the way back.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Kewl...im actually on holidays that week i think ...if i am ..sign me up ..as long as the weather is ok

I was just reading up on the Gap (dragon) have any of you ever been
    /....318 turns in 11 miles of road ....wow....its now on my bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by ZZR1200 View Post
    I was just reading up on the Gap (dragon) have any of you ever been
    /....318 turns in 11 miles of road ....wow....its now on my bucket list
    Had it all planned out, booked, travel all sorted out.. then Babs blew out her hydraulic clutch (literally a week before the trip - you can read about it way earlier in this thread).

Planning on doing it next July (only time I can get vacation - it's a full shop shut down). Hope to get at least 6 people together, and then we can rent a cabin at the Fontana...

Oh yeah...
    Just found out that the Tea Party will be playing Club Elements at the end of November.
    Anyone else want to go? One of my fave bands of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by ZZR1200 View Post
    Kewl...im actually on holidays that week i think ...if i am ..sign me up ..as long as the weather is ok
    Weather dependent of course.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Planning on doing it next July (only time I can get vacation - it's a full shop shut down). Hope to get at least 6 people together, and then we can rent a cabin at the Fontana...
    Hey Tim. I'm still open to this idea. My "bike trip buddy" (comment all you want... haha) hasn't confirmed yet, and probably won't until it gets a lot closer, but I imagine he'll go. We're thinking to take the covered trailer with our bikes, towing with his Tacoma.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Oh yeah...
    Just found out that the Tea Party will be playing Club Elements at the end of November.
    Anyone else want to go? One of my fave bands of all time...
    Cool... I've actually partied with the Tea Party... (back in my bad days).
    I'd be interested.. But I've also been banned from Club Elements... (yes- my bad days were pretty awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Cool... I've actually partied with the Tea Party... (back in my bad days).
    I'd be interested.. But I've also been banned from Club Elements... (yes- my bad days were pretty awesome)
    Ya Hooligan....
    How long ago were you banned? I'm sure the staff has had a serious turn over since then and it more than likely won't be an issue....
    Had a few beers with the drummer of the Tea Party a while back... good guy...

Had it all planned out, booked, travel all sorted out.. then Babs blew out her hydraulic clutch (literally a week before the trip - you can read about it way earlier in this thread).

I think that would be a blast. I am trying to get down there in late may early June. Why not drive the bikes down?

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
    I think that would be a blast. I am trying to get down there in late may early June. Why not drive the bikes down?
    I'm sure we could make a nice route to get down there, but there would still be a lot of boring highway riding. Personally I'd rather save my tires and my posterior for the fun roads.
    -Dave

I'm sure we could make a nice route to get down there, but there would still be a lot of boring highway riding. Personally I'd rather save my tires and my posterior for the fun roads.
    True never thought of the wear on the tires, your right about posterior as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider View Post
    True never thought of the wear on the tires, your right about posterior as well.
    I would like to do a PA trip some time though, I just think The Gap is a different kind of trip. It's about the destination, not the journey. haha...

On another note, I got my Power Commander in the mail last night. Installed it, programmed it with the full Erion system map from powercommander.com, and it's all good. Rode to work this morning (and home at lunch to get my car, got rained on a bit) and the throttle control is nice and smooth now.
    -Dave

The Gap is a trip to do at least once, thats for sure. Really nice pavement, but many tight blind corners, debris, vehicles, cops, plus the fact its on the side of a mountain makes the road fairly dangerous. I would not suggest riding down there on a SS, trailer it for the same reasons you trailer to the track. If you bring a sport tourer or a cruiser, the ride down will be more comfy, but you'll wish you had a SS once you get there. As mentioned above, this is about the destination, not the journey.

And if you ride down and your confidence gets the best of you down there you might be riding ***** with someone else on the way home.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Just got back from my second trip to Deals Gap on Monday. I took the Ninja 250 down this time and was very impressed with the performance I got out of her. Tight fast turns are her forte. If we had hills like that around here I'd never sell that bike. I had it trailer down too. Good times...I'll be back again next year but maybe with the new 2012 Ninja 650R I've been drooling over.
    New to me for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    The Gap is a trip to do at least once, thats for sure. Really nice pavement, but many tight blind corners, debris, vehicles, cops, plus the fact its on the side of a mountain makes the road fairly dangerous. I would not suggest riding down there on a SS, trailer it for the same reasons you trailer to the track. If you bring a sport tourer or a cruiser, the ride down will be more comfy, but you'll wish you had a SS once you get there. As mentioned above, this is about the destination, not the journey.
    Well if work stays as busy as it has been. Lots of OT. I will definitely try to get down there next year. On a trailer. Lol.

I would like to do a PA trip some time though, I just think The Gap is a different kind of trip. It's about the destination, not the journey. haha...

On another note, I got my Power Commander in the mail last night. Installed it, programmed it with the full Erion system map from powercommander.com, and it's all good. Rode to work this morning (and home at lunch to get my car, got rained on a bit) and the throttle control is nice and smooth now.
    Me and two of my brothers are thinking of doing a trip to PA next year. If you want me to I could let every body know and who ever wants to cone along is more then welcome too.

I'd there a big difference with the commander on vs with it off?