The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread - Page 110

Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2390

Thread: The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Sorry guys working truck world today in TOronto. Won't be back in time.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Re: The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

what time and where are you meeting tonight ?
    2006 CBR1KRR street
    2008 600RR track

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Might see you there lol.

I'm heading there after work from Milton at 5pm and might grab gloves, helmet and a cover.
    If you want a good cover bluestreakracing sells some really good ones, but they do cost around $80.
    2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

Quote Originally Posted by dc519 View Post
    If you want a good cover bluestreakracing sells some really good ones, but they do cost around $80.
    Well I have a good cover I bought from SCI in Cambridge but they had one on sale for $19 and all I need it for is my Daughters little Power Wheels Escalade.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Well I have a good cover I bought from SCI in Cambridge but they had one on sale for $19 and all I need it for is my Daughters little Power Wheels Escalade.
    she ballin...lol
    2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

Quote Originally Posted by dc519 View Post
    she ballin...lol
    She is lol. I'm just glad I finally got my ipod hooked up to her radio so I can listen to my music while I walk behind her lol.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

If anyone wants to re-assure themselves on why they ride a sportsbike, Harley Davidson on Kingsway is having their demo days next Sunday.

http://www.kitchenerharley.com/news/...pril-29th.html
    2001 CBR F4i

If anyone wants to re-assure themselves on why they ride a sportsbike, Harley Davidson on Kingsway is having their demo days next Sunday.

http://www.kitchenerharley.com/news/...pril-29th.html
    I say we do a group ride there. Grab some demo bikes and continue on with the ride see their face when a group of sports pull in to "demo" their bikes
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    I say we do a group ride there. Grab some demo bikes and continue on with the ride see their face when a group of sports pull in to "demo" their bikes
    They will be happy till all of us run back to our bikes and a smile lol
    2001 CBR F4i

my bad for crashin lol

im coming back to uw next week from co-op, was wondering how you guys do for group rides, is it like once a week, anytime, night rides, how many per group and where u guys go? etc. haha never done these type of things so any info is appreciated! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    my bad for crashin lol

im coming back to uw next week from co-op, was wondering how you guys do for group rides, is it like once a week, anytime, night rides, how many per group and where u guys go? etc. haha never done these type of things so any info is appreciated! thanks
    Its still early in the season so we haven't had weekly meets yet, just some here and theres.
    Last year it was Thursdays @ University and Bridge timmies. Be there for 6:30 and head out about 6:40pm.

Rides usually last about 1-3hours depending on size and location.
    I think the biggest one I have been on was about 14 of us but they are usually about 6-8.
    2001 CBR F4i

Waterloo region police have a newer white unmarked police van. Saw someone pulled over today FYI
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

Oops. Dodge caravan
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

I'm a new rider on a cbr125...will I be able to keep up with you guys? I've had enough experience with the bike, its the pacing and the ability to keep up that I am worried about.

Hi there. We typically don't ride nuts fast on the street so you shouldn't have any problems keeping up.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

most rides are all rider friendly and we try to keep them around the speed limit. We welcome riders of all skill levels. If a ride is quicker paced, it will be indicated such when it is posted. Feel free to come out and meet some new people. The vast majority of rides around K/W do not use 400 series roads, so as long as you are comfortable at 90-100 kph, you will be fine. During group rides, sometimes guys up front might go a little quicker for a short period of time, but will wait up ahead (myself, bigevildoer, doozerdave, and most of the more experienced guys anyways).

Group rides require a level of skill and concentration greater than solo riding. Make sure your comfortable with the bike on your own first before joining group rides. Just stick to the back, leave yourself space and ALWAYS ride at a pace comfortable for you. Do not go beyond your skills, ride your own ride, just because the guy infront of you is 8" off his seat in a lean, doesn't mean you should be. I cannot emphasize this enough, seen a few guys total bikes not riding at their own skill level.

The guys around here are pretty chill, so if your unfamiliar with how to ride in a group, signals, expectations, do not be afraid to ask. We were all new once, everyone understands. Once the weather gets a bit warmer, come out to one of the group rides!
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Ditto to what Smergy says...
    Except that I'm a newb.. and better looking than he is....
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Not a dating site young lady!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

some of us focus on our riding, some of us focus on less important things. Let me know what skirt you've picked out to wear for Sunday at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    some of us focus on our riding, some of us focus on less important things. Let me know what skirt you've picked out to wear for Sunday at the track.
    Doesn't matter what skirt I'll be wearing -- Saara's going to be p*ssed you raided her closet for a fancy bit of clothing for me... besides, I've seen the way you leer at my firm behind in my rearviews on the group rides... hehehehe....
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....