Son got charge with "Racing" insurance is crazy - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Son got charge with "Racing" insurance is crazy

Re: Son got charge with "Racing" insurance is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Blues hurler View Post
    Back in the day, there was no "one free accident." He didn't want to risk his rates because of something that happened while I was using his car. The cost to repair it hurt, but it didn't break me. I'm sure that had I not had the money, we would have worked something out. It was a bit harsh, but he sure made his point. I don't hold it against him. He did a lot for me in other ways.
    i think your dad may be a little slow

1st off to everyone that's telling him to teach his son a lesson by leaving him to deal with this on his own and let him suffer the consequences....YOU'RE ALL STUPID.
    2nd...since your court date will be determined by the court offences office dont worry about time as you have lots of it. Court dates for 172 Acts take at least 5 to possibly 12 months, thus until he is convicted in court your son is clear and clean for insurance. They will however see his suspension possibly but it also depends on when your renewal date is. Once you renew is when they will find out...so depending when that is he could have a year of insurance without them seeing the charges. That is also dependent on if you have told them of the situation...and if you have your F*****. In the mean time...dont use x copper or any of those retards as they wont get you **** in court. You'll need to find a LAWYER not these x cop dummies, but a canadian registered lawyer that specializes in traffic accidents and driving convictions. I will repeat the x copper, H.E.L.P, or REDLINE people are not LAWYERS....just legal clerks. You can also try your family lawyer if he is willing and you if you can provide him details and if you truly have a substancial case. Im currently in law school at western (also a honda tech part time) so if you cant find a lawyer pm me and I can send you some numbers of a few friends who can help.

3rd...what was your son driving? The bike or car? If he was on the bike he would have been smarter to run. And in addition to this....it is extremely easy to do 50 over at any time in any vehicle. As a lesson to your son, dont get mad at him for doing what he did, nor punish him by not helping him, instead explain there are better places to speed than around the cities such as... our nice hwy's where if he's on the bike and it were to happen again, he should'nt need to stop....pigs dont chase after 80kph over the posted 100kph and if they do....they still wont catch him as long as he has the balls to run.

ps...was charged with street racing once and paid my dues, yet got to indulge in a little revenge on the officer that caught me. (harleys fall apart real easy when they get dragged by a sierra 3500)
    2nd time....they couldn't keep up with my 602hp turbo s2000. Thought they could keep up with a built and forged 2.2L running 24 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_rider View Post
    1st off to everyone that's telling him to teach his son a lesson by leaving him to deal with this on his own and let him suffer the consequences....YOU'RE ALL STUPID.
    2nd...since your court date will be determined by the court offences office dont worry about time as you have lots of it. Court dates for 172 Acts take at least 5 to possibly 12 months, thus until he is convicted in court your son is clear and clean for insurance. They will however see his suspension possibly but it also depends on when your renewal date is. Once you renew is when they will find out...so depending when that is he could have a year of insurance without them seeing the charges. That is also dependent on if you have told them of the situation...and if you have your F*****. In the mean time...dont use x copper or any of those retards as they wont get you **** in court. You'll need to find a LAWYER not these x cop dummies, but a canadian registered lawyer that specializes in traffic accidents and driving convictions. I will repeat the x copper, H.E.L.P, or REDLINE people are not LAWYERS....just legal clerks. You can also try your family lawyer if he is willing and you if you can provide him details and if you truly have a substancial case. Im currently in law school at western (also a honda tech part time) so if you cant find a lawyer pm me and I can send you some numbers of a few friends who can help.

3rd...what was your son driving? The bike or car? If he was on the bike he would have been smarter to run. And in addition to this....it is extremely easy to do 50 over at any time in any vehicle. As a lesson to your son, dont get mad at him for doing what he did, nor punish him by not helping him, instead explain there are better places to speed than around the cities such as... our nice hwy's where if he's on the bike and it were to happen again, he should'nt need to stop....pigs dont chase after 80kph over the posted 100kph and if they do....they still wont catch him as long as he has the balls to run.

ps...was charged with street racing once and paid my dues, yet got to indulge in a little revenge on the officer that caught me. (harleys fall apart real easy when they get dragged by a sierra 3500)
    2nd time....they couldn't keep up with my 602hp turbo s2000. Thought they could keep up with a built and forged 2.2L running 24 psi.
    Quoted for posterity.
    There is no planet B.

Blah Blah Blah
    Wow, you're the man. Everyone should listen to you for sure. Bravo.

(lol)

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    Wow, you're the man. Everyone should listen to you for sure. Bravo.

(lol)
    Chuck Norris has met his match.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

atta boy.

I feel much better about the lawyers of the future now. When I am back visiting my home town (London). We should grab a beer and admire the buffet of 19 year old ***.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    i think your dad may be a little slow
    He's not slow, he's dead. He was raised in another era, during the depression and war years. He taught me a valuable lesson, and if you don't get it, you may want to reconsider your own powers of perception and the concept of personal responsibility. Thanks so much for your comment.
    Last edited by Blues hurler; 04-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    The blues ain't about theory, they's about therapy.

I may not be a lawyer but I did go to school for 7 years (close enough right?) and I'm pretty sure I could give better legal advice than that!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    I may not be a lawyer but I did go to school for 7 years (close enough right?) and I'm pretty sure I could give better legal advice than that!
    pffft women.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    pffft women.
    It also works for medical advice!

drivel
    Wow. First that sportbike link and now this. There goes a few more IQ points. *twitch*
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Hey, everyone learns their lesson the hard way as I did. 4 tickets as a novice driver and was excluded off daddys policy leaving me no insurance for another 3 years. 2 of them were minors so I get my insurance back this August.

Lucky your son didn't get his license taken away.

From my view, best bet is wait 5 years for the record to be cleared, 6 years if his license was taken.

And then after that, he would be past 25 years of age and then get a much lower price on insurance.

Insurance asking him for $10k? Insured on what vehicle?

If it's $10k, you're lucky he can even get insured.

I've gone 50 over. Don't do it too often, but I've done it. Could have been caught. Many times, I've done it, and after slowing down, seen a cop at the side of the road and thought, "If I hadn't slowed down. . ."

Stupid thing to do. Wouldn't do it with someone else's ride, or if it risked my family's rates going up. But I think its a safe bet that many have gone 50 over. Contrary to the way the media portrays it as being Warp 9 or engagement of the Hyperdrive on the Millenium Falcon, many go 140 on the highway without thinking of it. No one portrays this as being incredibly fast. But 10km/hr more is all of a sudden the speed of a baby killing devilman?

The law is an assss.
    So I won't hate on the kid. And how dad deals with it is his choice.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Let me introduce an example in here just to demonstrate that bikes are unfairly targeted all the time.
    I was on the highway tonight going 125 and a double trailer 18 wheeler passed me.
    So i decided to see just how fast he was going and i paced him around 135.
    The thing was swaying all over because it isn't designed to be driven at that speed, yet a motorcycle doing 151 is like the end of the world to a cop.
    Most other trucks routinely roll at 120 with tires designed for low speeds but god forbid you open her up for a second on an empty road only to have the cops pop out of the bushes to nail you..

Hope you get good legal representation and your son doesn't suffer forever because he did something every rider has done before....

i have to say, the one interesting thing about this thread is the stance that people take...it's one extreme to another...if i were to have a kid that was on my insurance, i would be doing my damnedest to make sure they understood the consequences of their actions and who it will affect around them when it comes to insurance (i don't wanna start a debate on everything else)...i could have royally screwed my dad in insurance costs with what i got up to, which is not to say that he didn't try and bestill into me some values or responsibilities when driving the car...i essentially got handed lessons to young drivers and at the end he thought i would be a model driver...a big mistake...not saying that you didn't try your best with your son, he just got busted, i got let off, could have been the other way round...i wonder how long a bored 2.2l with 24psi boost and a 9K redline will last...

If you look at it this way. 1 mistake with the law can affect your whole life. Now he learns a good lesson that he won't forget.

Why?

With no insurance, you're basically going to have to find another way of transportation.
    It's not cool asking your daddy to drop you off to your girlfriends house.
    It's not cool taking transit on rainy/snowing days.
    It's not cool taking your girlfriend on the transit for a date. LOL

So basically, you're screwed for the couple of years, unless you're spoiled and rich enough to pay for insurance.